It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

excellent way to tell if aliens are nearby/landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Like I was saying in that post, one time at about 3 am I was finishing reading a book and I live up in the woods. There were loud crickets all night but suddenly I realized it was dead silent, and I heard snapping/crackle of footsteps on leafs outside my trailer (all my windows are blocked up). I grabbed my sword and crouched right above the door waiting. It was silent for a long long time and nothing ever happened, the footsteps just stopped outside and the trailer rocked a bit. I was very pumped up on adrenaline and sweating a lot.. maybe it was just a deer but the crickets really scared me, because I grew up with the sound and NEVER do all of them for miles go totally silent man. What could cause them to? I have never had the crickets go silent again since, and that was a good year ago.

Maybe their ships and/or machinery makes a type of ultrasonic sound that we can't hear but that would explain why pets act so strange before an abduction occurs. for those of you who don't know about crickets, they go silent whenever they feel threatened, and start chirping again when they are safe for about 2 mins.

=Drake=

[edit on 30-7-2005 by drakefist]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
great story!

Greys are very fearful of weapons, I imagine that'd be extremely scared of edged weapons.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It was probably just some homeless drunk man.

And you were hoping to kill an alien with a sword? Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakefist
Like I was saying in that post...

I'm about to wage jihad on all these posts starting in medius res.

We are not privy to the on-going conversation in your head.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Like I was saying in that post...

I'm about to wage jihad on all these posts starting in medius res.

We are not privy to the on-going conversation in your head.

so? the whole point of this post is written in the begining, and the reason for me starting a new thread is because its a TOTALY different topic than the last thread, m8.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I understood the post perfectly. Interesting about the lack of sound, that would be pretty odd although you have to ask why would crickets be threatened by an alien, but not, for example, a deer. Would they know the difference? Unlikely.

Incidently, I just got a Katana, I've always wanted one but you never know when it might come in handy!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Crickets often go silent during the night. I'm a very light sleeper, and I often stay up deep into the night, and there is a point where they stop chirping. It comes after that miraculous hour when the mosquitos go away.

It'd be weird if you didn't hear animals walking around. Also weird would be if you heard crickets from miles away.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I should say that its much different when an animal or human walks around at night. A cricket will go silent if something disturbs the ground near it, because it senses the vibrations and stops squeaking to avoid detection (and yes often they go silent). But up here in the woods we are a good 20 miles from any store, and there are thousands of extremely loud crickets that you can hear for miles. Never in my life have I heard 2000 or more crickets all go completely silent at once. It was something else.

Perhaps an ultrasonic sound is produced from a type of the gray's machinery (IE the cloaking devices, a hand held device..Or even their mind waves). This would explain why pets freak out before an abduction occurs.

=Drake=

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
We have a large dugout at the back of our property, and when the frogs are active, its very loud. You can start walking towards it, you can barely get within 10 feet of the place and they ALL stop "talking".

Its amazing how they can all stop at once, I always wondered how they knew so well that something was approaching.

Off topic? Probably.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Like I was saying in that post, one time at about 3 am I was finishing reading a book and I live up in the woods. There were loud crickets all night but suddenly I realized it was dead silent, and I heard snapping/crackle of footsteps on leafs outside my trailer (all my windows are blocked up). I grabbed my sword and crouched right above the door waiting. It was silent for a long long time and nothing ever happened, the footsteps just stopped outside and the trailer rocked a bit. I was very pumped up on adrenaline and sweating a lot.. maybe it was just a deer but the crickets really scared me, because I grew up with the sound and NEVER do all of them for miles go totally silent man. What could cause them to? I have never had the crickets go silent again since, and that was a good year ago.

Maybe their ships and/or machinery makes a type of ultrasonic sound that we can't hear but that would explain why pets act so strange before an abduction occurs. for those of you who don't know about crickets, they go silent whenever they feel threatened, and start chirping again when they are safe for about 2 mins.

=Drake=

you live up in the woods and you have a sword? Not a gun?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'd at the very least would be sporting a 12ga, for close encounters

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Guns and aliens do not go well (I speculate). A government sealed report was recovered accounting what happened at a meeting of 3 officers who would physically have a meeting with some grays for an exchange (for details on this, see or read a review of the VHS, The Alien Interview. it's about 15 mins into that tape). The officers were psychically told to leave their weapons, as the energy field the zetans had would cause their ammunition to go off inside the clips of their weapons.

(I'm not discounting what any of you said, because even that report could maybe have been faked)

Imagine what would happen if I were crouching with a pistol and the energy field overlap through the door? The clip would explode through the handle of the gun and kill me. The only time a gun has been used on an alien was in the Roswell crash, when the farmer smacked ones head in with the butt of the gun, but the craft was crashed already and any energy field would have been outted.

You are right about this though, it would be hard for them to transport such an energy field so I might have been ok, but still in close quarters combat a fast, extremely violent and powerful stab to the head of any alien would kill it, and due to my vantage point it was my weapon of choice.

Has anyone ever heard of a person using a firearm on/near grays? They did in the fictional film Taken by Steven Spielberg

PS here is a link to info on that VHS tape: click here ATS4

=Drake=

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I would have looked for any signs of footprints at first opportunity.

If you live in a quiet wooded setting, it actually could have been a bear.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
great story!

Greys are very fearful of weapons, I imagine that'd be extremely scared of edged weapons.

How do you figure this? Do you have any facts to back this up?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Guns and aliens do not go well (I speculate). A government sealed report was recovered accounting what happened at a meeting of 3 officers who would physically have a meeting with some grays for an exchange (for details on this, see or read a review of the VHS, The Alien Interview. it's about 15 mins into that tape). The officers were psychically told to leave their weapons, as the energy field the zetans had would cause their ammunition to go off inside the clips of their weapons.

(I'm not discounting what any of you said, because even that report could maybe have been faked)

Imagine what would happen if I were crouching with a pistol and the energy field overlap through the door? The clip would explode through the handle of the gun and kill me. The only time a gun has been used on an alien was in the Roswell crash, when the farmer smacked ones head in with the butt of the gun, but the craft was crashed already and any energy field would have been outted.

You are right about this though, it would be hard for them to transport such an energy field so I might have been ok, but still in close quarters combat a fast, extremely violent and powerful stab to the head of any alien would kill it, and due to my vantage point it was my weapon of choice.

Has anyone ever heard of a person using a firearm on/near grays? They did in the fictional film Taken by Steven Spielberg

PS here is a link to info on that VHS tape: click here ATS4

=Drake=

Well your basing your opinion on pure speculation. If there is some form of kinetic energy that has the power to set off ammuntion though a force field type deal that kind of energy would wreck havok up your body.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
anyone consider a small tremor - look for seismic activity in your area - you'd be surprised of how much activity goes un noticed.

To a cricket, a small tremor could emulate a big threat.

I'm just speculating though, it may very well have been an intergalactic cloaking vessel

The footstep outside may have been scared animals - who knows.

Sound is an amazing entity, it can truly trick your ears.

Re: your weapon. Its only as good as the person holding it.!!!!
Its very easy to disarm someone when they don't know to use their weapon competently. Having said that, anyone that knows self defence principles will always factor in the 'Lucky Punch / Strike' that will send the hardest person to the floor.

Its a shame we live in fear of ourselves isn't it.!

[edit on 31-7-2005 by one_small_step]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
good point, checking for foot prints would be good.

how do I know they fear weapons? they simply stay away from abductees that have weapons near or who pray (don't know why).

new topics

top topics

join