It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

melting down of Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
your lucky there..here in our country..we are..melting..breaking .
Every people here is so selfish,have their own agenda,making propaganda,so wrong
...please..someone..somewhere

HELP us ....please...God help us...please....

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I've seen pictures of protest coming of the Phillipines almost every day.
What's going on there anyway?

Why is there so much hate for Arroyo?
Is there really evidence that she stole the 2004 elections?

How many people over there feel that way and why is it coming to a head now instead of months ago?

[edit on 29-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is one of the reasons people don't like PTS.
Threads just die here.

Is there anyone on the board from the Philipines, besides Mediator of enoylno?

Anyone know people on the ground there who can tell us if the situation is as bad as Mediator of enoylno is saying?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I've seen pictures of protest coming of the Phillipines almost every day.
What's going on there anyway?

Why is there so much hate for Arroyo?
Is there really evidence that she stole the 2004 elections?

How many people over there feel that way and why is it coming to a head now instead of months ago?

[edit on 29-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

That's a good question. The first msg on this thread is pretty weird, eh? I should talk to my cousin's husband.. he's from the Philipines.

The mainstream media sure isn't covering it.

Go here to read about the ruckus:
www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mediator of enoylno
your lucky there..here in our country..we are..melting..breaking .
Every people here is so selfish,have their own agenda,making propaganda,so wrong
...please..someone..somewhere

HELP us ....please...God help us...please....

Better where?? Whats with all the drama??

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Their leader - Arroyo - is being accused of fixing her last election. I guess there's talk of impeachment.

Call for Arroyo impeachment
From correspondents in Manila
25jul05
OPPOSITION legislators have today filed an impeachment complaint against Philippine President Gloria Arroyo, alleging cheating in elections and corruption.

The complaint cites earlier opposition charges that Arroyo connived with an elections official to win the May 2004 elections as well as accusations that her family had received pay-offs from illegal gambling lords.

The complaint alleges the leader of the South-east Asian nation conspired with election officials to fix the May 2004 presidential elections and accuses her family of receiving pay-offs from illegal gambling syndicates.

Congressman Ronaldo Zamora, a key mover behind the impeachment, said he was confident one third of the 235 lawmakers in the House of Representatives would support the motion and trigger a full trial in the Senate.
www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...

Maybe our media's not really covering it 'cost they don't wanna give us any ideas...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
here's some information about what is happening in our country..

Kickbacks, mistresses, and alias bank accounts are some of the reasons Filipinos ousted past President Joseph Estrada. But then again, according to Estrada, he wasn't ousted - he just stepped down for a bit and Arroyo is temporarily filling the position. The current President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo was sworn in by the Philippine Chief Justice after the Supreme Court declared the presidential position vacant this January. But Estrada is appealing to that very same Supreme Court saying that he never officially resigned. It is his hope that Arroyo will be declared an "acting" not "permanent" president and he will be reinstated. Even though the Philippine political future is uncertain, the truth is that Arroyo has taken office in a time of extreme difficulty for the Philippine people and for her role as president. President Arroyo seems to be a person with a strong desire to unite the Philippine people and lead them by example. As the daughter of the late President Diosdedo Macapagal, she has a good start because of the example her parents set for her. Even with their example of integrity, she will still have to make a great effort to achieve her goals. Political change does not come without some difficulty, but without difficulty there is not much change. Our hope for the Philippines is for there to be great political and economic success in this century.

here is an info. of feelings of the almost 60% of filipino's i think. This is from a site of williegalang.com...

confused-over-arroyo-resign-calls
Dazed and confused over the calls for Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo to resign
Saturday - July 09, 2005

© Reuters/Julius ReyesThe political situation here in the Philippines is deteriorating so fast this post could be quickly overturned by new developments. But it’s a weekend, and Filipino political squabbles also take weekend breaks so substantial happenings in this soap opera will most probably resume on Monday, July 11.

It’s disheartening how quickly a demolition job (engineered by the camp of deposed President Joseph “Erap” Estrada) against President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo can cause even the more prudent sectors of society to easily lose their patience and join the ranks of those hastily bullying the President to resign. Macapagal-Arroyo has been demonized badly by the established media (some of them pushing for their own “hidden agendas”) for wiretapped recordings that are most probably tampered with. Most of the President’s accusers have been exposed to having their very own “Hello, Garci” conversations, but for some mysterious reasons, the media have been soft on conducting follow-ups and miserably failed to pounce on opposition figures from Estrada’s bloc for the double standard. Is the media still afraid to probe the Estrada camp? I don’t know. Maybe it’s the hidden agenda angle.

There is no strong evidence of a “master tape” yet, the surfacing of which could either vindicate or further drive President Macapagal-Arroyo down to the ground. But the likes of former President Corazon C. Aquino, the Makati Business Club, and the duplicitous and disgruntled administration cabinet members who resigned yesterday wouldn’t wait for the unraveling of the entire controversy and promptly joined the “Gloria, resign!” bandwagon. To their credit though, they at least pushed for the constitutional order of succession, unlike the Estrada-Poe-Marcos underground and their extreme left bedfellows who want to obliterate the democratic institutions and processes if they get hold of power.

If President Macapagal-Arroyo resigns and Vice President Noli de Castro is sworn in as the new President, do you think all these political ruckus will stop? Do you think the Estrada-Poe-Marcos cabal and their showbiz mafia buddies will sit in their collective corners and stay quiet? Will the supposedly spiritual Christian pastor and losing presidential candidate Eddie Villanueva stop calling for a takeover by a junta? Will retired generals with messianic complex, like Fortunato Abat, put away their dreams of a power grab? I guess we all know the answer. Still, I’m hoping for sobriety from all camps.

I don’t have plans to extensively “cover” the current crisis now that I’ve resumed posting again. However, I recommend the weblog of Manuel L. Quezon III (quezon.ph...) for his excellent, well thought-out, and frequently updated commentaries on the so-called Gloriagate scandal.

top topics

join