It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Patriot Act want access to medical files?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I wasn't sure if this should go into political conspiracy or war on terrorism so please move it if need be.

Everytime I hear something on the news about the Patriot Act and the renewal of it they talk about being able to access your medical records as part of the legislation.

Browsing through Rense.com I saw an article on The Arctic Beacon entitled:
Bin Laden Brothers Tip-Off Two NASA Research Scientists In 1987 About U.S. Government Plans To Cause 9/11; Now Third Person Comes Forward To Verify Scientists' Incredible Story

What grabbed my attention was this:

Besides the tip-off about 9/11, one of the researchers involved in a government-funded advanced brain development program says she uncovered a secret study called "Global Cleanse 2000" outlining U.S. Government strategies for intitiating global war and population reduction.

Could they possibly be wanting access to citizens medical files so they can weed out the weak and undesirables?

I dont know...sounds pretty scarey to me. Any input or discussion I think might be in order if this has not been discussed already.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
u realize that using that type of source is misleading. two Bin laden brothers just to tip two NASA scientists about the evil plot by the govt? makes u wonder why. possibly to divert attention on the Bin ladens.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It seems to get harder and harder knowing what the truth is anymore. I talked to someone that claimed to live with an illuminati family and he said 2/3rds of the NWO Conspiracy theories were created by the very ones conspiring.

I just dont know why they would want a persons medical files. That I know is true in the Patriot Act, because I have seen the legislation.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
To help out the uneducated (that'd be me), could someone please point out which part of the Patriot Act addresses medical records and such?

I'm wondering how (if) this deals with HIPAA.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Before Patriot, the FBI had access to only a few types of records: those belonging to hotels, motels, car and truck rental agencies, and storage rental facilities. But Section 215 allows the FBI to seek any tangible item -- "including books, records, papers, documents, and other items" -- regardless of who holds it. This could include sensitive medical records or membership lists from clubs or religious organizations.

www.cnn.com...

Now remember, they are making changes constantly...deleting sections, adding sections, rewording etc.
www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A reason for this could be that when someone is under suspicion of being part of a terrorist plot involving chemical, biological or nuclear weapons, clue's to these could be found in these people's medical records.

Especialy the nuclear part.

Iodine tablets are sold over the counter in the US, so that wouldn't be detectable(except maybe on credit card statements) but people linked to terrorist plots involving nuclear weapons could be admitted to a hospital or visit a docter with signs of radiation sickness.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm in BC, Canada, and this was a hot topic last year. Our government decided to outsource our medical billing to a company somewhere in the US. Lots of people complained because now all of our personal, private medical records are subject to the PA, and they are not even supposed to tell us if they have been accessed.

I'm not quite sure what they would do with the records, or why they would even want them; all I know is I now have less privacy, and a foreign government is now allowed to view my medical records.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I dont know why this is such a Hot topic? If your not doing anything illegally then who cares.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's the principle of the thing, for me.

I am not an American citizen. Why should the US govt be able to access my medical records? Why should I, as a Canadian citizen, be subjected to the laws of a country I do not live in, enacted by a government I cannot vote for?

I care very much about my personal privacy.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
image altering surgery.like the movie face off

[edit on 29-7-2005 by deadcatsrule]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, haha on the US government then. Elective surgery is not covered under MSP and would not be recorded there.

It's still none of your governments business what I do at my doctors office. And for Americans to think that their government should be entitled to foreigners medical records just makes me think nasty thoughts.

Are you actually serious? When did the US get elected to be in charge of me??? Cause I didn't get a vote.

:shk:

new topics

top topics

join