It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Bombing Mastermind Aswat Was MI6?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I saw something on FOX News that said Haroon Rashid Aswat, the suspected mastermind of the 7/7 London bombings arrested in Zambia, was affiliated with MI6 British Intelligence. Apparently pressure from them on the U.S. government prevented him from being prosecuted for involvement in the Oregon terrorist training camp case, and kept the CIA from apprehending him in South Africa recently (before the bombings). They said he may have been a double-agent with his real loyalties with al Qaeda but MI6 thought he was spying on al Qaeda for them...

I can't find much info online, did anyone else hear things along these lines?

[edit on 7/29/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
British Intel DOUBLE AGENT Led Mastermind Bombings in London...

original news source:

www.foxnews.com
LONDON — Authorities in Zambia detained Haroon Rashid Aswat (search) in connection with the July 7 London bombings that killed 56 people and injured many more, FOX News has learned.
U.S. officials said about 20 calls were placed from Aswat's cellphone to some of the men in the attacks. Aswat was also an unindicted co-conspirator in the case of a 1999 plot to start up a terrorist training camp in Bly, Ore., (search) and has been wanted for questioning by U.S. authorities ever since.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

MI6 MI5 Directly tagged by mastermind to Attacks.

If this mastermind was working as a Double Agent for MI6 then these bombings we have been seeing are directly tied and performed by the British Intelligence Community. (MI6 MI5)

After these bombings took place, the cell split and and ran to Africa and to Rome, Italy in two weeks. Only after setting off a terror Alarm in Africa. If this people are in touch with British intelligence, and America needs custody of them, they why was he allowed to leave the country or travel to Africa?

“Italian police in Rome arrested Osman Hussain, a naturalized British citizen from Somalia, as part of an ongoing investigation in the bombings, said Interior Minister Giuseppe Pisanu. Hussain, who reportedly fled London and stopped in Milan and Bologna en route to the Italian capital, was "the fourth attacker," he said.”

Ye Old Hill of Beans from top to bottom.

1. MI5 MI6
2. Haroon Rashid Aswat (Known Double Agent)
3. Osman Hussain
4. Yasin Hassan Omar
5. (Media Spin)
6. You..HA

Is the cells or a terror web in Italy since bombers retreated there?

had to add this............
Any info on sources that know ASWAT?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The online FOX report here www.foxnews.com... doesn't really talk about this, but they did on air. Note that it does say he was an "unindicted co-conspirator" in the Oregon case, on air they said that was because MI6 pressured the U.S. Justice Department to not prosecute him.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I found this article too, describing the Justice Department's efforts to block his prosecution:

The Justice Department blocked efforts by its prosecutors in Seattle in 2002 to bring criminal charges against Haroon Aswat, according to federal law-enforcement officials who were involved in the case.

British authorities suspect Aswat of taking part in the July 7 London bombings, which killed 56 and prompted an intense worldwide manhunt for him.

But long before he surfaced as a suspect there, federal prosecutors in Seattle wanted to seek a grand-jury indictment for his involvement in a failed attempt to set up a terrorist-training camp in Bly, Ore., in late 1999. In early 2000, Aswat lived for a couple of months in central Seattle at the Dar-us-Salaam mosque.

The Seattle Times

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- About a month before the July 7 bombings in London, British authorities balked at giving U.S. officials permission to apprehend a man now believed to have ties to the bombers, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Haroon Rashid Aswat, 30, of Indian heritage, is currently in custody in Zambia, U.S. and Zambian officials told CNN.

U.S. authorities wanted to capture Aswat, who was then in South Africa, and question him about a 1999 plot to establish a "jihad training camp" in Bly, Oregon.

According to the sources, U.S. officials had located Aswat in South Africa weeks before the July 7 attacks that killed 52 bus and subway travelers and the four bombers.

U.S. authorities had asked South Africa if they could take Aswat into custody. South Africa relayed the request to Britain, but authorities there balked because he was a British citizen, the sources said. While the debate was ongoing, Aswat slipped away. (Full story)

British authorities now suspect Aswat lent support to the July 7 bombers.

According to U.S. officials, Aswat was an unindicted co-conspirator in the terrorist camp case, which resulted in a guilty plea in 2003 by the main defendant, James Ujaama, of Seattle, Washington. (Full story)

i dont know, i believe it was the British who prevented the arrest of Aswat until after the attacks because he is a British citizen. the Americans wanted him, but was denied permission to get him.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It is most def. believable.

The History Channel – Spy Secrets: playing dirty
Stream *.rm
Download *.rm

A very interesting documentary about the British Secret Intelligence Service.

It could very well be a double agent.

You might not hear about this story again. MI6 likes to keep things like this under wraps.

~Peace
~

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't think this means MI6 planned the attacks, but it's quite strange. How and why would they be able to stop South Africa from handing over this man to the U.S.? If I was a British citizen I'd be demanding some answers, if it wasn't for British interference in this matter it's possible 7/7 would never have happened.

edit:

FOX just now mentioned again the possibility that Aswat was a double agent for MI6, on Greta Van Sustern (she's not there tonight).

[edit on 7/29/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
"Double Agents" are exactly how agencies like MI6, CIA, Mossad, ISI etc organise terrorist bombings and also leave a trail which leads Police investigation to rouge terrorist groups they can label as 'al-Qaeda'.

These agencies will establish a plan for attack, use double agents to recruit a group thinking they are working under Islamic Jihad or some other cause, set up drills so they can monitor the proceedings on that day and also clean up and gain control quickly afterward, kill the patsies that have been used so any lead that would go back to the agency is now led to a dead end or else to some shanty camp in a Middle Eastern country where it's lost amongst the fog of war.

The 7/7 bombing was as planned and staged as they come. The guys involved were setup into believing they were part of a drill and murdered along with the rest of the people involved with pre-planted bombs. Since then, various other whistle blowers have been silenced and a follow up bombing was attempted in order to get some patsies to take the fall.

The new bombers were given fake bombs and ALL the cameras were made sure to be working to capture their images, (unlike 7/7) while we are told the 7/7 bombers were definitly suicide bombers now, forget the original claim of military grade bombs.

These new guys will get linked to some dogdy camp, some dodgy middle eastern names that us stupid westerners are too dense to think about and they'll be locked up without being heard from again and nothing will come of all this except more bad laws and more charges for war.

Just like 9/11, case closed. Everyone stop thinking about it and stop upturning stones.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The online FOX report here www.foxnews.com... doesn't really talk about this, but they did on air. Note that it does say he was an "unindicted co-conspirator" in the Oregon case, on air they said that was because MI6 pressured the U.S. Justice Department to not prosecute him.

Don't you just hate when this happens? I mean, you hear something on the live news, then you can't find a 'paper trail' ( or internet trail now). Wish I had the capability to 'tape' all the news and store it for later reference. Does Tivo give one the ability to do something like that?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Don't you just hate when this happens? I mean, you hear something on the live news, then you can't find a 'paper trail' ( or internet trail now). Wish I had the capability to 'tape' all the news and store it for later reference. Does Tivo give one the ability to do something like that?

Yeah Tivo is great for that...I had one but it broke, I need to buy another one.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

"Double Agents" are exactly how agencies like MI6, CIA, Mossad, ISI etc organise terrorist bombings and also leave a trail which leads Police investigation to rouge terrorist groups they can label as 'al-Qaeda'.

These agencies will establish a plan for attack, use double agents to recruit a group thinking they are working under Islamic Jihad or some other cause, set up drills so they can monitor the proceedings on that day and also clean up and gain control quickly afterward, kill the patsies that have been used so any lead that would go back to the agency is now led to a dead end or else to some shanty camp in a Middle Eastern country where it's lost amongst the fog of war.

The 7/7 bombing was as planned and staged as they come. The guys involved were setup into believing they were part of a drill and murdered along with the rest of the people involved with pre-planted bombs. Since then, various other whistle blowers have been silenced and a follow up bombing was attempted in order to get some patsies to take the fall.

The new bombers were given fake bombs and ALL the cameras were made sure to be working to capture their images, (unlike 7/7) while we are told the 7/7 bombers were definitly suicide bombers now, forget the original claim of military grade bombs.

These new guys will get linked to some dogdy camp, some dodgy middle eastern names that us stupid westerners are too dense to think about and they'll be locked up without being heard from again and nothing will come of all this except more bad laws and more charges for war.

Just like 9/11, case closed. Everyone stop thinking about it and stop upturning stones.

Oh not the damn drill thing again... sheesh..
I really don't want to go through the 3 PAGES of information about why that idea is a load of rubbish. If you search for it you will find it..

Hark... what do I hear? 'oh then how would they know they weren't needed as part of that type of drill, maybe they were just STUPID and didn't realise?'

Good question, quickly followed by if that's the case than why have a drill at all?

RESEARCH your ideas before making these hard accusations.

Don't get me wrong, your idea at first glance looks great, but the drill is irrelevent and all intelligence agencies on all sides have people infiltrated into organisations and informants.. How else do you expect them do collect information... with their magical crystal ball?

I can perfectly understand why they would protect this person if they thought they could extract useful info and he was in a high enough position.
Unfortunately, you always have to take the risk that they will turn on you or they were never with you to start with.

If any of you think your so damn clever, then why don't you sit down and write a detailed plan of how to deal with these problems?
How your going to acquire information, how your going to put all the information together and how your going to deal with it?

[edit on 30-7-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Even if this guy was MI6, it doesn't mean this was an inside job -- he could have been a double agent working for al Qaeda.

FOX again mentioned this possibility on Heartland tonight -- why isn't there more about this online?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Click the picture below to read about the "double"- or "triple"- agent Haroon Rashid Aswat. This is strange... very strange...

The article is from 25 07 2005...

Soj: London Bombings: Part 7

Haroon Rashid Aswat

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here is a direct link to the Fox News Video discussing his MI6 connections. (I think it is the one that is being discussed here).

Haroon Rasid Aswat

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Some of you spend alot of time bashing fox news and getting in little comments all the time about how bad they are, Yet you seem to spend so much time watching it.. and now... oh nm....

Also, some seem to also be iffy with MI5/6 about not Doing the right thing and handing these guys over to the CIA, As iff MI5/6 are bad now and the CIA is good in a way, Yet in other threads you claim Alqueda ect, doesnt exist, and we created it.... and america is evil ect...

You people confuse the hell outa me..

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
MI6 Asset - Fox Video link

Wow.

[edit on 1/8/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
figure the Brits couldnt be trusted. the CIA was after dis guy for trying to setup Al Qaeda camps back in the U.S. the Brits thought dis guy is worth to protect in return they get good intel. but just like double agents, cant trust them.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I was going to start a thread on this after viewing the video today, but noticed this thread was already here so here is my input on the topic.

If this guy was working for MI6 as a double agent. Was on the wanted list of the CIA. Been over to the US and not arrested because he was working for British Intelligence. "Disappeared" and was "presumed dead" by the British Government. Yet when he came back to Britain recently before the bombings. Why the hell wasn't he arrested????

Can someone here please answer me this. The only reasons I can see to why he wasn't arrested was because either he was presumed to be not a threat. OR he was still working for MI6 and was hired by them to do the bombings. Why else would he be working for them? Why would they hire him in the first place if he was in fact working for Al-Queida. Oh yea I forgot that the CIA trained and funded Al-Queida.

I think the latter of what I just said would make more sense. But still the question that always haunts us is.... WHY??

London is on lockdown.... London police are shooting people point blank whom are innocent, Londoners are scared out of their wits, because they don't know what the hell is going on. WE NEED ANSWERS NOW!

If the British and the US govt wont give us answers then who will?

All in all... The "facts" that are on the news today don't add up. And we not only have ATS to prove this but hundreds of thousands of web pages to back it up. I hope everyone will wake up before its too late.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
i just finished watching the video myself and it's funny how the guy stating the info on this merely laughed at the lack of effort by the british govt. as if they wanted this guy to finish up his mission before he could be locked up.

WHY is the only question that is running through my mind.

Why are people not holding fire to the feet of the british govt. to give them a reason why they allowed this 'mastermind' to commit this crime when they have multiple chances of bringing him in.

this all sounds eerily familiar to the whole Bin Ladin situation when they U.S. was in the same situation and didn't bring him in as if they wanted him to complete a mission before actually putting some effort in trying to capture him yet he's still at large.

how can we blame the terrorist when the govts. are the ones #ing up?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There is only one way this guy could have been protected and not arrested in all of the countries he traveled to, he was MI6. Someone gave an order not to arrest him, double agent my ass. Don't you people see patterns developing with these 'headline" making attacks, they are always a by-product of some intelligence agency. There can be infighting within the same government, different segments within the same governments want the power. When people here the word "government" they think of one entity, this is not the case. One segment could easily turn a blind eye in order to further it's own agenda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join