It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPEG-2 FTA users on ATS ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hello ATS members!!

Is there anyone on ATS that uses MPEG-2 FTA receivers???

If so, please shoot me a U2U.

Just wondering if anyone on ATS uses this technology.

thanks Sirr-1

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ok just a quick question what on earth is MPEG-2 FTA :| I know mpeg is a file format but apart from that I havent a clue. Best get this out in the open so other people wont be confused.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ok just a quick question what on earth is MPEG-2 FTA :| I know mpeg is a file format but apart from that I havent a clue. Best get this out in the open so other people wont be confused.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Mpeg2 isn't a file format but a data compression standard.

If you want to know more about it, google has alot of answers.
www.google.be...

Other then that, I kinda thing this thread belongs more on BTS.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hello BTS, first time on this side of the site, I did not know all this was over here!

Briefly,

MPEG-2 satellite receivers are similar to Direct TV or Dish Network , they both use signals from satellites to receiver signals for reception. This is where the similarity ends.

Over CONUS there are about 40 satellites that beam television signals down on us 24/7.

Some of the satellites are C-Band, some are Ku, and some are combination of both C and Ku.

Some of the satellites have compressed digital signals, and these signals are television programming from around the world and the MPEG-2 receiver, with the proper signal rate and frequency will tune in the signal, its legal, you are not stealing Direct TV or Dish, because they use a different type of encryption.

If you have a little computer geek in you and some time on your hands and like television, there are more than a 1000 channels available. It’s really cool and it's more of a hobby for me, and I was just curious if anyone on ATS/BTS was using the MPEG system.

I would like to chat and see what systems they use and success they have had with the MPEG system.

SIRR1

new topics

top topics

join