It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Ocelot
.....but this is the best I could come up with for $500. Oh BTW Im an expert in gaming systems since Ive been building them for a couple of years now. So here is what I came up with for $500.
1) MSI K8N NEO3-F Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
2) 2 of these pqi POWER Series 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model MD4412UOE - Retail
3) Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
4) AMD Sempron 3000+ Palermo 800MHz FSB Socket 754 Processor Model SDA3000BABOX - Retail
5) HIS Hightech P80N4H Radeon X800 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
Keep in my mind you still need a Case, A power supply unit (400W+) and Optical drives. There you go I'd say the above would make a good entry level system and you'll be able to play all the games available now and a bit into the future. If you want to spend a little more and go for an AMD 939 64bit setup then it would be great.
Goddam Im good.
Originally posted by diehard_democrat
Ocelot you are my hero! I've been trying all morning to find a good mobo, cpu, and video card setup and i found nothing.
On Pricewatch.com I found a really nice case w/ power supply for about $30 so I'm barly breaking the surface of my budget. But I still need a cd drive, and keyboard and a mouse, so I guess it'll just wait a little tiny bit longer for me to scrape up some extra money.