It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Aircraft Get Death Rays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have read on this site over the past year that we, the US were developing a weapon of this type, but I really had no idea that this weapon was operational, over was even close to be operational.

You have to love our weapons people who keep coming up with these new and exciting was to eliminate the enemy!

Hot Topics on Warplane Weapons

WARPLANE WEAPONS: American Aircraft Get Death Rays

July 27, 2005: Quietly, and without much fanfare, the U.S. Air Force has been equipping some of its fighters with electronic ray type weapons. Not quite the “death ray” of science fiction fame, but an electronic ray type weapon none the less. In this case, the weapon uses the high-powered microwave (HPM) effects found in Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar technology.

www.strategypage.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I posted a reply in a thread a while back from an AWST article. The AF is also looking at electronic attack from the E-10 aircraft as well using its radar. Its an amazing capacity. This radar is really something else. It can also jam (albiet along a very narrow range) and because the dish is fixed, it actually decreases the planes RCS a bit to boot!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You mean the laser on the F-35?

cool huh?

join