It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Demands Pre-Emptive Strikes On Terrorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Looks like Russia is now ready to launch pre-emptive strikes. Putin mentioned the recent terror attacks and set the task to the Interior Ministry to deliver pre-emptive strikes on terrorists.

ITAR-TASS: Putin demands preventive strikes against terrorists

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday demanded from the Interior Ministry pre-emptive strikes against terrorists.

“The recent blasts in London, terrorist acts in Iraq, Turkey, Israel, the latest terrorist act in Egypt, crimes against authorities in the Chechen republic and in Dagestan here in Russia demonstrate that terrorism remains one of the main threats in the world,” President Putin said at a Kremlin meeting with senior officers.

“With that in view, Russia will be performing an important part of joint work in the sphere of fight against terrorism,” Putin pledged. The Russian leader set the task to the Interior Ministry to deliver preventive strikes on terrorists. “Your (Interior Ministry) actions in that direction should have pre-emptive character,” the president emphasized.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I´ve heard before about their readiness to deliver pre-emptive strikes on terrorists. This however, sounds like they are going to do it in the very near future. I wonder where these strikes will take place.

Related ATS Threads:
Russia's Long-Range Bomber Force Ready For Pre-Emptive Strikes

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Chechnya will more than likely be foremost in consideration.
I do doubt Russia's current ability to pre-empt, but that being said, I am also positive that they do have such conventional capabilities, to what degree, that remains to be seen, as advertised.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Please do yourself a favor and don't take Putin seriously. I'm an ethnic Russian, and Russian is my first language, and I always cringe when I see his interviews on TV. There is no substance to Putin's persona. I remember how he was talking to some agriculture official and asked them in front of the cameras what needs to be done to improve the quality of vodka. Duh!

So, his stance on "pre-emptive strikes" is the same. Hot air.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You prefer Khrushchev?

The thing that's puzzling watching the meanderings of Vladimir Putin is how he aligns with Bush and unaligns with Bush and aligns with Bush.

While I support your comments Aelita about hot air versus delivery, I'm more disturbed at times with the ever-changing tag teams in the misnamed "war on terror".

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This seems more or less Putins attempt to start a Bush-War.

What better way to invade a country, and not be castrated, then to pull the Terrorism card. It worked for Bush in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hopefully they don't decide to hit targets in Uzbekistan....

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Could the targets be in Afghanistan or maybe Georgia? If they start bombing targets in Afghanistan it could have serious consequences. The same goes for Georgia too for that matter. Here are four articles I borrowed from the Russia's Long-Range Bomber Force Ready For Pre-Emptive Strikes thread...

Interfax: Air force ready to hit terror bases abroad - commander

Jun 25 2005

Russia's long-range bomber force is ready to eliminate terrorist bases, including those outside the country, said Russian air force commander Gen. Vladimir Mikhailov.

"In addition to fighting terrorists, we should be capable of performing the duties that have been characteristic of the long-range aviation from the moment of its creation," Mikhailov said.

"Yes, the Cold War was ended on our part. We are very peacefully disposed. But as regards the Americans, if you consider what they are producing and planning and what they are being armed with now, you'll see that this so-called Cold War has not been stopped on their side," Mikhailov said.

RIA Novosti: Russia concerned over terrorist training camps in Afghanistan

June 23 2005

Russia is seriously concerned over terrorist bases in Afghanistan, President Vladimir Putin said Thursday.

"We are seriously concerned that terrorist training bases are still operating on Afghan territory, including with the immediate participation of certain secret services," Putin said after a session of the Collective Security Treaty Organization, which includes Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Armenia.

News.com.au: Russia ready to hit terrorist bases

June 25, 2005

RUSSIA is prepared to use warplanes to destroy terrorist bases abroad, Air Force commander Vladimir Mikhailov was quoted as saying today.

"As for terrorists and our fighter jets, if we have high-precision weapons and know the whereabouts of a terrorist gang, why not smash it, even if it's outside Russia?"

Mikhailov, on a visit to the Volga region town of Engels, said Russia's need to strike terrorist bases abroad was linked to aspects of US foreign policy, but he did not go into details.

Russia threatened pre-emptive strikes on rebel bases anywhere in the world after Chechen separatists took a school hostage in the town of Beslan in September 2004.

Moscow has not specified where it thought these bases were, but has repeatedly accused Georgia of allowing Chechen rebels to operate from the Pankisi Gorge which borders Chechnya.

president.kremlin.ru: Beginning of a Meeting with Uzbekistan President Islam Karimov

June 28, 2005

I won’t go into other aspects of this quite complex and tragic event right now. But in general we confirm the information that infiltration by rebels from specially trained bases in Afghanistan did take place and that their concentration on adjacent territories was a fact. Our special service confirmed this.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
This seems more or less Putins attempt to start a Bush-War.

What better way to invade a country, and not be castrated, then to pull the Terrorism card. It worked for Bush in Iraq.

Hey, Putin knows all about using Intelligence agencies to bomb innocent people in his own country to induce fear to win the vote of confidence aswell.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The thing that's puzzling watching the meanderings of Vladimir Putin is how he aligns with Bush and unaligns with Bush and aligns with Bush.

I've actually wondered a lot about that myself. Putin seems to "flip-flop" back and forth all the time. I wonder what the motivation behind that is.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Could the targets be in Afghanistan or maybe Georgia?

I seriously doubt they would target Georgia.....especially with the US's interest in Georgia.

Georgia and Russia may not like each other but they both know the risk is too great. Georgia's military (w/o the US) would crumble.......they have only a self defense force.

I could easily see Chechnya as a possible target, which would probably leak over to Georgia because of Chechyans crossing and seeking refuge in the Pankisi Gorge.

BTW: Good find

[edit on 29/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I've actually wondered a lot about that myself. Putin seems to "flip-flop" back and forth all the time. I wonder what the motivation behind that is.

He'd doing the NWO Boogy.
Basically two stepping along a line with China on one side and the US on the other. When the music stops he'll cross to one side but until then he's in a position to play them both.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Sorry, but I still haven't stopped laughing from that! Dobby really does look like Putin! (or is it the other way around?)

[edit on 7/29/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Is it possible that maybe the major powers (US, China, Russia) either indirectly or directly have come to some consensus with their globalist agenda and have begun to swallow up nearby coutnries and "terrorist" targets in order to get the ball rolling on this NWO, WW3 agenda? This could be a Germany takes Poland appeasement deal only magnified in order to fulfill Western, Russia, and Chinese aspirations. Sort of a US TAKES IRAQ, RUSSIA GETS CHECHEN Territory and China makes some sort of move on Taiwan maybe? even though the last one should ruffle American feathers.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Basically two stepping along a line with China on one side and the US on the other. When the music stops he'll cross to one side but until then he's in a position to play them both.

Yeah, that about sums it all up
he's keeping his options (the US and China) open for future "pickens". Really is hard to tell which way he will go tho, you know...if the US and China ever went at it.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   

RUSSIA GETS CHECHEN Territory

Russia already has Chechen terrority, Chechnya is part of Russia.

sporty

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

RUSSIA GETS CHECHEN Territory

Russia already has Chechen terrority, Chechnya is part of Russia.

sporty

I meant Russia finally "deals" with the territory i.e. extermination

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I meant Russia finally "deals" with the territory i.e. extermination

Oh, Sorry..I didn't have my coffee this morning.

Gotchya....

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

I seriously doubt they would target Georgia.....especially with the US's interest in Georgia.

Noteworthy:
The Russian-backed breakaway republics Abkhazia and South Ossetia signed a joint communiqué pledging one another "mutual assistance", including military assistance. And Abkhaz army units has received orders to sink any Georgian ships if they appear in Abkhaz waters. This happened after UN-backed peace talks between Abkhazia and Georgia broke down last friday. I made a thread about this situation. Here: Abkhaz Leader Has Ordered Army To Sink Any Georgian Ships In Its Waters

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Ofcourse Putin Wants a Piece of That!

Really Stupid - the Russians didnt Learn their Lesson in Afganistan and not in Chechnya.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I doubt there will be much in the way of pre-emption. Russia's military doesn't have the resources to waste on something like this... And I don't see why they would decide to resume aggresively bombing Chechnya now. Putin would have to have some very strange motivations for doing anything big, because it would have to be worth all the bad press that it would generate abroad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join