It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much work do Mods and Super Mods do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Mods have power only over the assigned forums while super mods have powers over the entire board, plus some extra powers such as dispensing permanent bans.

I want to be a supermod when I grow up.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Mods are just gods
Supermods are Deities!

Really, I thought mods were like avatars (NO, not like the pictures next to your posts, like Jesus or Buddah), and Super-moderators were like demi-gods and admins were gods.

On to the question, they do more work in an hour than the NSA cryptographers do in a day.

Seriously though, I admire them for all the stuff they do, and considering its done without any kind of pay, well, my hat is off to them.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Work?
Hey, man, I'm just here for the great coffee and donuts the admin folks keep in the staff break room!

Mention work one more time and I'm filing a grievance! Somebody go and get teh shop steward; this line of questioning borders on harrassment.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Mods have power only over the assigned forums while super mods have powers over the entire board, plus some extra powers such as dispensing permanent bans.

Mods have the power to post ban and global ignore and those powers are not restricted to the forums they are assigned to monitor, correct?

That would imply that they watch over more than simply their "assigned" forums, again, correct?

seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
OK well I guess it's more complicated than I made it sound Seekerof...

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Your still my buddy, dj77.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That's all well and good, but can a Moderator of a BTS Forum slap both a One-liner warning and an Applause on a single post in an ATS Forum, if the poster has a Global Ignore on?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
That's all well and good, but can a Moderator of a BTS Forum slap both a One-liner warning and an Applause on a single post in an ATS Forum, if the poster has a Global Ignore on?

Only on Tuesdays when the moon is full.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The correct answer would be...Yes.

What did I win?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A date with djohnsto77!

Congratulations both.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Sorry, tired here, but that was hilarious.

You guys and gals keep up the good work.
Support comes from many seen and unseen.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

A date with djohnsto77!

Congratulations both.

Thank God!

I was scared I was supposed to have look a under the mask.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The MODS are basically kept in a dark room with no air conditioning, chained to a chair in front of a computer screen with High Speed Internet Access 24/7 and they are kept there by armed guards. They are fed large amounts of caffeine to keep them awake. Most of them have never even seen daylight.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
They are fed large amounts of caffeine to keep them awake. Most of them have never even seen daylight.

Intrepid saw the outside once during an escape attempt and we do let Amuk take walks in the yard for good behavior (plus he bribes us with moonshine), but the rest...NO WAY!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Intrepid saw the outside once during an escape attempt and we do let Amuk take walks in the yard for good behavior (plus he bribes us with moonshine), but the rest...NO WAY!

They let Amuk outside!?!?!

You peoples are crazy.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Outdoors? Why go there? Simon always keeps plenty of donuts and coffee inside!
WE used to smoke at the computers, but ever since WOS quit smoking we have to go to a little room down the hall.
Speaking of which, if you'll excuse me....

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Outdoors? Why go there? Simon always keeps plenty of donuts and coffee inside!
WE used to smoke at the computers, but ever since WOS quit smoking we have to go to a little room down the hall.
Speaking of which, if you'll excuse me....

I heard you guys are actually pumped with caffeine through an IV is it true?!?!

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Ocelot]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Are heard you guys are actually pumped with caffeine through an IV is it true?!?!

We don't do that to Mods...totally untrue.

It's more of a cocktail of various mind-control drugs and neural stimulants. I hear it's "mostly" safe.

Remember when the Mods all had to play "Simon Says" for two days with no food TC?

Ahhhhh....good times.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Sorry guys they are really pulling your leg here.

We never let Amuk outside. EVER

*shudders*

We keep him chained to the still

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
It's more of a cocktail of various mind-control drugs and neural stimulants. I hear it's "mostly" safe.

Remember when the Mods all had to play "Simon Says" for two days with no food TC?

Ahhhhh....good times.

OMG! It's even worse than I imagined!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join