It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian imams condemn acts of terrorism as perversions of faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Seen the news conference on this, the Imams would like anyone knowing anything about anyone having extemist views and ideas to be immediately reported to the police. About time the leaders are actually leading their people. Now if only all the Imams would do this, something good might happen. Anyone know if any American Imams have done this?

www.macleans.ca...

More than 120 Islamic religious leaders from across Canada issued a declaration Thursday denouncing acts of terrorism as a "perversion" of their faith and challenged Muslims to confront extremism.

"Anyone who claims to be a Muslim and participates in any way in the taking of innocent life is betraying the very spirit and letter of Islam," said the statement, which was read aloud by Imam Ahmad Kutty of the Islamic Institute of Toronto at the downtown Masjid mosque.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this news.

Do you know where I could find a source to read the text of that declaration?

I am interested in how the Canadian Imans define terrorism, since I have learned that B'nai Brith called for the imams to follow their declaration with a clarification that Israelis targeted by Palestinian suicide bombers are included in their condemnation.

Rebekka

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Sorry that is the only link I have found. Surely it wil show later in google.
But in the new conference one of the Imams said that anyone exhibiting extremist views, thoughts should be reported.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Big deal ulema in Mecca support the Jihad against the United States and have ratified it with international leaders. The Canadian voice means nothing to those who are Muslim and follow the tenets of accredited clerics, past and present.

top topics

join