It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

abovetopsecret.com@ wiki

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So I was looking in wikipedia when I came across a stub of my favorite website. I read it and saw it needed a direct hyperlink to the website. So I added one. So heres where things get weird. I checked the history and found this posted.

originally typed by 62.252.64.15
Despite an innocent beginning, it is now suspected that ATS has been infiltrated by many groups of like minded political indiviuals. Nazis, Neocons, and Communists are just a few examples. The level of infiltration is such that the very staff of ATS now push their own political or militant agendas, abusing their powers to punish those that disagree with them. ATS has also allegedly been involved with the US Government on several occasions, though details are currently sketchy at best.

Since ATS became corporate, many of the 'old school' ATS members have left, apparently in disgust. The newer breed of 'ATSer' is seen by many as a step down from the cultured minds that used to be an integral part of ATS. The apparent lack of concern by senior Administration at this drop in quality is also seen as a sign that ATS is no longer what it set out to be.

en.wikipedia.org...

What is that all about?
A few minutes later feydey would make a minor change regarding the stubs and djohnsto77 would make two changes in the spelling of conspiracy. About 10 minutes after those changes a user on Wiki named Abovetopsecret.com Deleted all of the above quotation.

Is there a mass coverup going on in wiki? Has ATS become corperate? Are Nazi groups really infiltrating the website? I want answers. . . and I'll get them. One way or another

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Uh oh, the phantom editor is back...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This is bull#

Abovetopsecret.com (ATS) is "the Internet's most popular consipacy discussion forum".

Abovetopsecret.com consists of a static database of articles relating to consipacies and has a very popular forum with a huge online community.

There are also various spin-off forums such as Belowtopsecret.com and [email protected]

Despite an innocent beginning, it is now suspected that ATS has been infiltrated by many groups of like minded political indiviuals. Nazis, Neocons, and Communists are just a few examples. The level of infiltration is such that the very staff of ATS now push their own political or militant agendas, abusing their powers to punish those that disagree with them. ATS has also allegedly been involved with the US Government on several occasions, though details are currently sketchy at best.

Since ATS became corporate, many of the 'old school' ATS members have left, apparently in disgust. The newer breed of 'ATSer' is seen by many as a step down from the cultured minds that used to be an integral part of ATS. The apparent lack of concern by senior Administration at this drop in quality is also seen as a sign that ATS is no longer what it set out to be.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abovetopsecret.com"

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.... warrants a visit?

wikipedia, the people's choice.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It was removed because, as Val put it, it's bull#.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Total crap by a disgruntled somebody no doubt.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hi,

I'll be more than happy to clarify this problem for everyone.

Wikipedia is a collection of information authored and edited by users.

What this means is that anyone can type whatever they want about a certain topic.

In other words, all it takes is one banned user with some sour grapes to get ATS a bad entry in there.

Read the tone. The person who wrote this is an ass. The person who wrore this wrote it in a hostile tone and displays a clear dislike for this site and the people who use it.

I hope people can distinguish between facts and opinion pieces written by trolls who actually sat and sacrificed their spare time to trash someone else's website.

Must be interesting having that little to do in life.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I do believe this is what is called a Hater.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thankfully the nasties have been removed, but sadly they represented someone's truth.

What was deemed to be "corporatization" is more of an evolution and struggle with expansion.

Comments about declining quality are never popular, no matter how much truth is in them. Defending the comments about declining quality by presenting information about popularity and increased traffic is chalk and cheese.

I expect there'll be several edits an hour for a few days, LOL.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Here I tried to fix it:

Abovetopsecret.com (ATS) is "the Internet's most popular conspiracy discussion forum".

Abovetopsecret.com consists of a static database of articles relating to conspiracies and has a very popular forum with a huge online community.

There are also various spin-off forums such as Belowtopsecret.com and [email protected]

Since the person who wrote the above fallacious write-up is apparently some one who got banned because they have psychotic tendencies and can't be tolerated on a well-moderated board such as ATS, the rest of the article is for entertainment value only. Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That crap should be deleted.
Thats not what ATS represents.

EDIT: OK, I see the changes that Val made now.

Is there any way to be notified of an update to a particular wiki?

[edit on 27-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
For the love of all that is good and Holy, Lysergic, will you please save some ATS points for voluntary taxation.

Valhall, I edited your edit to quantify "huge" and to remove arguability about the self-proclamation.

Next? What fun, and to think this is how "community history" gets recorded.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Old news in that the nasty deed was done on 15 July 2005?
Opps, looks like it was done again today...not good.

seekerof

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Old news in that the nasty deed was done on 15 July 2005?

seekerof

When I looked at the bottom of the page, It said the last update was done today and it still had the nazi garbage.

EDIT: see here:

ATS wiki
Revision as of 04:25, 28 July 2005

Abovetopsecret.com (ATS) promotes itself as "the Internet's most popular conspiracy discussion forum".

Abovetopsecret.com consists of a static database of articles relating to conspiracies and has a popular forum with an online community of tens of thousands of registered users.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Was wondering, can the abovetopsecret.com@ wiki just simply be removed.
Might would save someone having to visit daily to make edits?

seekerof

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Valhall, I edited your edit to quantify "huge" and to remove arguability about the self-proclamation.

Next? What fun, and to think this is how "community history" gets recorded.

If you don't mind, MA, I have taken the liberty to edit your edit of my edit to where the "huge" implication points more toward you than just the whole site, and the "self-proclamation" statement points more toward the original poster of the fallacious article which was - after all - a proclamation of a life less lived.

I'm getting into this wikipedia stuff now - I didn't know it could be such fun, or of so little substance.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have no idea of the meaning of some of what you said, but it seems my prediction of editing frequency was underestimated.

I think ATSNN should probably get a mention.

link   
It's being updated even as were talking about it.
The person who's doing this is editing stuff at the same time you are.

en.wikipedia.org...

Revision as of 04:25, 28 July 2005; view current revision
←Older revision | Newer revision→

Abovetopsecret.com (ATS) promotes itself as "the Internet's most popular conspiracy discussion forum".

Abovetopsecret.com consists of a static database of articles relating to conspiracies and has a popular forum with an online community of tens of thousands of registered users.

This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Revision as of 04:25, 28 July 2005; view current revision

en.wikipedia.org...

Revision as of 04:33, 28 July 2005; view current revision

link   
I think it was fine until this thread got started, I mistakenly thought it had been edit back already myself, but then someone did come back in and put that stuff back...you can see the whole history here:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Why not just scrap or request that abovetopsecret.com@ wiki be removed?

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join