It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put my money where your mouth is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Greetings -
I'm a curious person who has been interested in the various political conspiracies that I have encountered over the last few years. Ranging from the Kennedy defense contractor fiasco to the recent PNAC/military complex situation, these sort of events are fascinating.

I, however, have always wanted to see how the corporate side of these theories play out in the market since many of the corporations involved in these theories are publically traded. With that being said I'd like to get the user's of ATS's opinion of the top 10 most influencial corporations that are involved with some of the most talked about conspiracies recently.

Off the top of my head afew that come to mind are the following:
Citigroup
Haliburton
Lockheed Martin
Boeing
ExxonMobile
Chevron
GE

To see how this plays out, I'm going to invest afew thousand dollars into these companies total to see how they do. While granted many of these companies can be considered blue chips, I think that many that tie into the Bush administration should do well over the next few years.

Surely these aren't all the publically traded companies that are invovled in many of the theories talked about here and elsewhere.

I appreciate everyone's input in advance.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Enron?

ha. seriously
maybe you could do some research into which security agencies governements like to use. They tend to have their favourites for each bit, like P-Tech.
Security looks like its gonna be a big business.
How about this talk about putting 'scanners' on London transport or at least the tube system. they might get around to doing that. might make the company involved a few bob.
or at the very least a securtiy company who provide guards and things.

look into the service sector generally, because the maunfacturing is going to asia, and they need to create some new jobs.

ohh, cant go wrong with keeping an eye on Carlyle group. dont know if they do shares or not.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by AdamJ]

[edit on 27-7-2005 by AdamJ]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seklon

Off the top of my head afew that come to mind are the following:
Citigroup
Haliburton
Lockheed Martin
Boeing
ExxonMobile
Chevron
GE

If you are truly going to invest and are looking for a substantial return, I would not reccommend any of the above, except LM.

Citgroup-Whilst it is one of the worlds largest financial institutions, much of it's profits are derrived from Natural resource extraction, and exploration. For a bigger profit margin, in American owned Intl financing, I would go with Bank of America. Their recent acquisition of fleet, the fact that they have outsourced a large percentage of white collar jobs overseas, the money they made in the real estate boom (which is being invested in consumer banking, and credit services), will all prove to signifigantly increase their stock over the next year or two.

Halliburton, Lockhead Martin, Boeing- Out of these (primarily defense contractors) I would expect Boeing to do the best, Especially seeing that Bush plans on rejuvinating our decrepid space program.

If you want a sure bet as far as defense contractors are concerned, then you can never go wrong with Bechtel ( I think they are publicly traded). Forget* Haliburton, Bechtel is where all the war mongering is. Any company that can install a nuclear reactor cooler backwards, and continue to receive government contracts, all whilst avoiding the ever present eye of the media, is surely a money maker.

www.corpwatch.org...
www.corpwatch.org...

Another Defense contractor that might continue to do well is Lockhead Martin as well as Ratheon.

Exxon, Chevron, Ge.....I truly think "traditional " energy companies days are numbered. They have already waited too long to invest signifigant amounts in technology that is destined to replace theirs. Energy stock is too risky now. With all the ethanol hype looking to be more realistic, anyone could emerge in the next few years.

This is all IMHO, & from the money making standpoint. That is how I understand your question or point and goal anyways.

*mod edit, please see your u2u

[edit on 28-7-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Bechtel would be a good purchase. But they are still privately owned.

A very select few senior VP's are the only ones outside the family to own Bechtel stock, and they have an agreement that it is to be sold back to the family when they leave the company.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Bechtel would be a good purchase. But they are still privately owned.

I wasn't sure about the specifics. I knew there was stock, but I wasn't sure if it was publicly traded or not......figures..

join