It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation Museum: Answers in Genesis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed this:
Article on the Museum
Museum's Homepage

When a friend showed me this, I swore it was a joke. Espeically when I read this part from the above article:

More controversial exhibits deal with diseases and famine, which are portrayed not as random disasters, but as the result of mankind's sin. Mr Ham's Answers in Genesis movement blames the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School in Colorado, in which two teenagers killed 12 classmates and a teacher before killing themselves, on evolutionist teaching, claiming that the perpetrators believed in Darwin's survival of the fittest.

But, in the back of my head, I do beleive it is fake though. So, like most of the things I'm curious about, I google'd:
FOX's article
MSNBC's article

So, I guess it is real. What do you guys think?

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Shaione]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I see what the article claims of aig, but I cant find it on the aig page.

Is there any way to confirm that aig says that?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is without a doubt the silliest thing I have ever seen

www.answersingenesis.org...

Sometimes I wonder if things like this are not done to DISCREDIT Christians.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I read the above referenced article. The last two paragraphs had a couple of important sentences in them.

The museum will show how, if you accept the Bible’s history, every “mystery” about the origin of the universe and the Earth—including dinosaurs—makes sense.

“Our hope is that people are going to walk away from the museum knowing that the Bible’s history is true,” says Ken Ham, president of Answers in Genesis. “Then they’ll be ready to take the next step and say to themselves, ‘If the history is true, then maybe I can believe the rest of the Book … including the gospel.’”

If you accept the Bible for what it says then there are answers in it. If you absolutely do not not wish to accept it, then it will be meaningless to you. We have been given the freedom to accept it or not.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm not Christian, but I believe there may be answers in the bible. I think the that stories in the book are not supposed to be taken literally, though. Like the part when Jesus had a few fish and loaves of bread feel a hundred or so. Jesus didn't multiply the food, he taught people to share.

But back on topic. I have no problem with people and their opinions and beliefs. I think that all of the information should be put out in the open and we should be able to draw our own conclusions. Ham, I believe his name is, expresses what his version. A version, that is really extreme. (See that link about the dinosaurs someone posted above.)

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
(sorry for the double post - I forgot something)

Originally posted by jake1997
I see what the article claims of aig, but I cant find it on the aig page.

Is there any way to confirm that aig says that?

Are talking about the part of the article that I quoted.
Why is school violence in the headlines again?

I found this by searching "columbine" on the Answersingenesis.org site. Its wierd that they say at the bottom of the page, that they don't agrue that evolution causes violence, but teaching it does.

Here's a snippet.:

As Dr. David Catchpoole of AiG–Australia wrote in 1999 concerning the Columbine massacre (see How to build a bomb in the public school system), such a fascination about death among many young people today is hardly surprising, “given that most public schools in Western nations now teach that violence and death are ‘natural’ evolutionary mechanisms that have operated with chance processes to produce man over millions of years.”

Pastor Gino Geraci, whose church was just three blocks from Columbine and who had the opportunity, as a police chaplain, to be at the scene while the killing rampage unfolded, echoed Dr. Catchpoole’s thoughts about school violence when he spoke to AiG in 1999.

He recounted the conversation he had with a high-ranking official in the Columbine school district right after the shooting had stopped. Weeping, this educator asked Pastor Geraci why such a tragedy could happen. Gino had to tell him that his schools “have taught our children that they come from nowhere, and that is where they’re going, and that life is a point of pain in a meaningless existence. And they believed you.”

While Pastor Geraci acknowledged that ultimately the shooters were responsible for what had happened on that violent day in Colorado, he argued that “this generation must come to grips with the consequences of living in a Western culture that has adopted the philosophy that evolution is fact. When evolution is taught as ‘truth’ in schools, it has real consequences.”

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
In that story I found this.

Pastor Gino Geraci, whose church was just three blocks from Columbine and who had the opportunity, as a police chaplain, to be at the scene while the killing rampage unfolded, echoed Dr. Catchpoole’s thoughts about school violence when he spoke to AiG in 1999.

He recounted the conversation he had with a high-ranking official in the Columbine school district right after the shooting had stopped. Weeping, this educator asked Pastor Geraci why such a tragedy could happen. Gino had to tell him that his schools “have taught our children that they come from nowhere, and that is where they’re going, and that life is a point of pain in a meaningless existence. And they believed you.”

While Pastor Geraci acknowledged that ultimately the shooters were responsible for what had happened on that violent day in Colorado, he argued that “this generation must come to grips with the consequences of living in a Western culture that has adopted the philosophy that evolution is fact. When evolution is taught as ‘truth’ in schools, it has real consequences.”

A former evolutionist, Pastor Geraci added that evolution increasingly pervades the thinking of society, and so young people no longer have any concept of Christian morality, of right and wrong; they just do what is “right in their own eyes” (see Judges 17:6; 21:25). Gino had the opportunity to use this tragedy and show his congregation—and the several police officers he witnessed to in the aftermath of the murders—that there is a clear connection between evolutionary thinking and society’s decline.

Maybe it was a mix up.

The story also gave the lefist slant to this

More controversial exhibits deal with diseases and famine, which are portrayed not as random disasters,
ala exodus I imagine.
but as the result of mankind's sin
I can only guess Sodom and Gomorah and other judgments.

Yes, it happened.

As for the evolution thing, I agree and we can see it in people today compared to 150 years ago. Survival of the fittest.

One day I will make a nice thread for you about the falling away. Ive had the urge for some time now... Ive just not done it yet

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaione
Has anyone noticed this:
Article on the Museum
Museum's Homepage

When a friend showed me this, I swore it was a joke. Espeically when I read this part from the above article:

More controversial exhibits deal with diseases and famine, which are portrayed not as random disasters, but as the result of mankind's sin. Mr Ham's Answers in Genesis movement blames the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School in Colorado, in which two teenagers killed 12 classmates and a teacher before killing themselves, on evolutionist teaching, claiming that the perpetrators believed in Darwin's survival of the fittest.

But, in the back of my head, I do beleive it is fake though. So, like most of the things I'm curious about, I google'd:
FOX's article
MSNBC's article

So, I guess it is real. What do you guys think?

It's definitely for real. There is even a segment that plays on the "Creation Network" that refers to it. Young Earth Christianity is no different than any other form of apologetics. The goal is to find a way for the Bible to possibly be true. It doesn't matter how rediculous or convoluted the speculation is, as long as it provides an 'out' for Biblical inerrancy.

top topics

join