It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long can old threads stay on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i seen pages and pages of old threads that seems to be going back years. is there a limit to how long an old thread that has lay dormant, can stay on ATS?

[edit on 27-7-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i will say that there is no limit...

i could be wrong...

i mean, when ATS first satrted (way back when, i don't know), and the pages are still view-able today...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Some people say its stupid to apply your views to an old thread. But like an old book someone always takes a look and things get updated.

Its true that the original people may not add to what you put or can defend their view but as a whole why should it be wrong to add to something that could crop up again or interest you? Is it wrong?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Go wild. When people ressurrect threads as if it were from yesterday, it can throw you off, but that's life for ya.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What about starting a new one with similar issues or title. Thats againts the website's law. Some people want to start new conversations with the same issues as the momentum of the one before gets closed off or forgotten and hidden. Part of the sparkle is to interact and once evrybody else has eaten their cake its a shame not to bake another. i know it causes problems and uses up spaces.

Should there be a backlog or organised folder where threads from a year ago get placed and only similar subjects are llowed untill six months have passed or a year. Just making suggestions Im not bothered. Just wondering.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The current board rule of thumb is to allow for new threads after 10 days. Identical topics within this limit will be closed. Similar topics are fine, as long as they're not the same.

top topics

join