It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: John McCain - from my hero to Bush Whore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Tap dance video- ABC News interview

TRANSCRIPT

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: ...this information was classified.

Whether or not that’s a crime, that is a violation of the nondisclosure classified information agreement that everybody in the White House who gets classified information signs.

MCCAIN: [Time Magazine’s Matt] Cooper also said that he had no knowledge as to whether Karl Rove knew that Wilson’s wife –

STEPHANOPOULOS: Doesn’t matter. This covers negligent disclosures as well.

MCCAIN: ...Look, I think there’s a lot of ramifications of this issue...I think October is when we’re going to know about this thing.

And I’m confident that the President...is going to do the right thing in this case...

STEPHANOPOULOS: ...Should they be forced to lose their security clearance or their job if they did indeed violate this nondisclosure of classified information agreement?

MCCAIN: I don’t know the answer to that. I trust the President’s judgment...

STEPHANOPOULOS: ...What [the agreement] says is...:

"I have been advised that any breach of this Agreement may result in the termination of any security clearances I hold; removal from any position of special confidence and trust requiring such clearances; or the termination of my employment"

Do you believe that this agreement should be abided by?

MCCAIN: I do. But that also implies that someone knowingly revealed --

STEPHANOPOULOS: No, this covers negligent disclosures.

MCCAIN: Again, I don't know what the definition of "negligent" – if you make an honest mistake that’s one thing.

If you do something without knowledge that you’re violating or being negligent, et cetera.

I -- Look, I trust the President to do the right thing. I believe that Karl Rove has the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

What exactly is up to the president to be "trusted" about?
This should be an automatic action - these mechanism ( NDA's ) are a vital part of the workplace because the stipulations designated are agreed upon by the employee and are universially applied to the officers of that entity as well as the rank & file.

Mr.Mcain does not know the definition of "negligent"!?!
Did he really think that would float? This man is a prolific legislation author, yet he now feigns ignorance as to the workings of simple contracts & laws?
McCain's lack of willingness to call Bush on his failure to do the right thing is just the latest evidence of what a farce his Straight Talk rep is, and how he can not be trusted as a moderate voice that crosses party lines anymore - his membership card to the NeoCon buckle under was issued prior to the 2004 vote. Now, it's been gold embossed.

What was undisputably violated, by virtue of disclosure from Rove's legal counsel:

SF-312, the Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It sounds to me that this people are not willing to point fingers because it will mean reveling more than they are willing to reveal.

This is not the works of one man or two but is many in the government closes to Mr. Bush that would be part of the whole deal.

The problem with Rove is that he is a pompous self-confident brat and his closeness to Mr. Bush make him immune to anything around or that is what he thinks.

John McCain may very well be protecting with his statement himself. I give him the reason of doubt.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This issue is currently under investigation. Dunning everyone under the sun to come down on this issue, one way or the other, is idiotic. McCain is no idiot. He knows that regardless of what he thinks, a ruling will be made and then we can all go ballistic, as some are wont to do. Negligence is an act of omission. If Rove didn't know the information was classified, I don't think there's negligence on his part. There might be negligence on the part of someone, but not necessarily him. So far, I haven't heard a word about this from the CIA, but as I understand it, in order for a crime to have been committed the CIA would have been required to be actively concealing the identity of the person in question. I think a lot of this is going to boil down to that.

But, of course, the Rove/Bush haters will not be able to let due process run its course. That would take prudence and a sense of justice.

[edit on 2005/7/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What timeline are you looking for exactly? Given that more agregious (Watergate) crimes were investigated & concluded in a fraction of the time, and that we're going into the 3rd year after Mr.Bush stated that this was " a high priority" and that " the leaker will be summarily dismissed"- you think things are being rushed!?!?!
There are layers here - the non-disclosure violation is an automatic. Then you have the perjury, and only after those two do you get the trason question being weighed. Parts 1 & 2 carry an automatic dismisal and are being stonewalled.
It has already been established that:

1. The information was known to be classified
2. The SF-312 covers negligence in all its forms, as does Executive Order 12958
3. Rove's counsel has taken away the only point of ambiguity; he's confirmed that Rove did in fact have the conversation and discussed Plame, satisfying the burden of proof that would action EO 12958 & SF-312

Prudence and a sense of justice - neither of them are being displayed by Team Bush in the circling of the wagons that protects their brain trust - if this alone doesn't reek to you of corruption, I don't know what it would take to get you back to reality.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
No, McCain is no idiot. I whole heartedly supported his 1999 presidential campaign & was set to vote for him in 2000, after I voted President Clinton twice.
What he is is a sell out - he's sold out the country for power, he's squandered his bi-partisan credability and he's done it with an obvious and visible bad taste in his mouth. That begs the question....why?
Him, Giulliani, Peter King, Saxby Chambliss, Orrin Hatch - these are the most insideous knuckle unders to the NeoCon movement of corruption because all these men took their bi-partisan respect & support and lent the fascade of a legitimate face to the Neocon agenda.

"I don't know what the definition of negligent is"
......If you accept that as legitimate & not a deliberate parsing of words for distractions sake, from a Naval Academy graduate, you're a damn fool.

new topics

top topics

join