It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism's cascade...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Good read. Eye witness accounting.

Terrorists are losing!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hmm..I suppose if I linked instead to some blogger who has never been outside his city limits, much less actually in a war zone, it would be more interesting to the conspiricists

No comments from the anti-freedom crowd? I'm disappointed in you guys. But, since the actual truth seems to scare you off........

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
From January 2004 to June 2004: 401 coalition soldiers were killed

From January 2005 to June 2005: 450 coalition soldiers were killed

Is a higher death toll indicative of progress?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
And over 1000 Allied troops died in Germany.........in 1946.

What's your point?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Army
And over 1000 Allied troops died in Germany.........in 1946.

What's your point?

The previous year, 1945, had a higher number of Allied troop deaths in Germany did it not? One thousand troops dying a year later in Germany after the war had been declared over with is indicative that progress was being made. Less deaths consecutively from year to year show that.

I'm pointing out that numbers speak louder than words in a war. When an increasing number of troops die from year to year in war torn territory, that does not show progress being made.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Your right, it simply shows that more allied troops died. You of course realize, that the total deaths include those from non-combat related injuries, right? If you think a body count is indicative of progress...you're sick.

Progress in Iraq is related to how many people are free to associate, free to vote, free to travel, free to dissent....which today is--------ALL of them!

More clean water than ever, more electricity than ever, safe roads, free trade, open markets, more schools fully staffed than ever, more medical clinics fully staffed than ever, more international radio/TV/newspaper than ever. And believe it or not, less real crime than ever before (terrorist attacks do not count for domestic crime rates)

That's how I rate progress.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

More clean water than ever, more electricity than ever, safe roads, free trade, open markets, more schools fully staffed than ever, more medical clinics fully staffed than ever, more international radio/TV/newspaper than ever. And believe it or not, less real crime than ever before (terrorist attacks do not count for domestic crime rates)

Really? Electricity and water is back up to the same levels as before we invaded? Crime down? Secure roads? Freedom of the press? Medical clinics fully staffed? Free to travel? Cool! Sounds like things are going great in Iraq! Got any links, I want to read more about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Although I am not against your post, as I believe, besides the oil, we need to rebuild Iraq. Many here still don't understand that Iraq will become a very wealthy nation once the landscape looks like Texas, before it gets blown up again. We don't own their oil, just the contracts distributing through us. Iraq is already won so there is no need to promote fantasy. Ask the local civilian in Iraq, if blowing up a police station is committing a crime.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

A Kashmiri Mohammedan said to me, "God keeps men in three jars. Do you understand?"

"Yes," I answered, "you say God keeps men in three jars."

"In the first jar," the man looked at me, "God keeps the Americans. God keeps that lid very, very tight, for the Americans try their level-best (he used Indian phrases) to escape and rule the world."

I nodded, hinting a smile, saying, "God is right."

The Mohammedan smiled back, holding up a hand to quiet me, and continued, "In the second jar, God keeps the Europeans. But God does not keep that lid so tight," still holding up his hand, as if expecting interruption, "You see, God knows the Europeans also want to rule the world, but Europeans do not try hard."

"Is true, is true," I chuckled.

But, like a preacher, the man held his hand even higher, and continued on with a louder voice, "God keeps Kashmiris in the third jar, but God does not keep a lid on our jar. We also want to rule the world but every time one of us tries to escape, the rest pull him back down!" and he clenched his fist!

"Sir," my smiled faded, "It would be difficult to convey more truth with fewer words."

Kashmiri Mohamedan sounds like a very wise man.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

No comments from the anti-freedom crowd?

yes, everyone who is against death is anti-freedom.

awsome, their exactly like us now. well, its refreshing that we dont have to worry about those trouble making terrorists anymore. what a load off my chest. the markets are so open there, especially for american run companies. actually come to think of it, i dont think theirs one iraqi run company handling the reconstruction of their own country....odd.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The enemy in Iraq does not appear to be weakening; if anything, they are becoming smarter, more complicated and deadlier. But this does not mean they are winning; to imply that getting smarter and deadlier equates to winning, is fallacious. Most accounts of the situation in Iraq focus on enemy "successes" (if success is re-defined as annihiliation of civility), while redacting the increasing viability and strength of the Iraqi government, which clearly is outpacing the insurgency.

The Mosul police are now strong enough to launch successful undercover operations, and have been fanning out across Mosul and surrounding villages, snooping and listening for snippets. On July 15th, police working undercover in a village Northwest of Mosul heard a group of villagers talking about a weapons cache, but the location was not mentioned. Iraqi forces locked down the village, searched and found a weapons depot from Syria into Mosul. Iraqi police also found and rescued the 28 year-old woman I mentioned briefly in the last dispatch. She was the wife of a Mosul journalist, and had been kidnapped and held for ransom by members of a beheading cell. After the village search, police hauled four men to a Mosul station for interrogation, and alerted the Americans.

There is a pattern of cascades in counterguerrilla combat operations. In this kind of warfare, information drives maneuvers, and a single capture of a key person frequently cascades into a shower of raids and captures, each pregnant with the next storm.

That night, Iraqi police took the 4 captured men out to identify targets. On route, one "tried to escape" and was killed, intensifying the pressure on the remaining three. The cascade had begun with the snippet of information, but now was fanning open, as police, operating alone, uncovered the original cache in the village northwest of Mosul. While this catch was merely a depot to Mosul, it led to the giant cache we raided ["The Devil's Foyer," 21 July 05], and from there to yet another large cache uncovered on the same day on the east side of the Tigris River in Mosul. The cascade fizzled to the end of its run at a fourth cache that rendered only empty munitions containers.

If this report doesnt show improvement in Iraq, then I don't know what will. (If of course, it's true).

Maybe not all of the things the original poster claims have been fixed, but this alone shows theres alot of progress happening in Iraq.

He never said the war was over, he said the terrorists are losing and on their heels.

I miss the old days when posters actualy read the material presented and didnt just post with ill-thought ignorance based on ill-researched beliefs.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
i dont think so,and not agree to what you did say from now the terrorist has already change into extremism or EXTREMINATOR and we call them SUICIDE BOMBERS

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It comes down to numbers anyway, mixed with a culture who UNDERSTANDS how to control a population. The leopard does not change it's spots, just adapts to the environment. Wait and see. There is no need to rule Iraq with troops. Iraq will be a place where, "in the interest of the United States," it is necessary to promote operations in the region, namely due to the large tankers going in and out of the ports.
Did you know UAE (United Arab Emirates) bid $250 mill just to get their hands on Iraqi shipping ports, along with a $33 billion construction plan. Soon every nation will be drooling over the prospect of business in Iraq, and the Iraqi's know it.

Iraq is the "Japan of asia."

[edit on 29-7-2005 by vincere7]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I read the whole thing and the "3-jars" theory has a ring of truth to it. Yanchek is right, this Mohammedan is a wise man
Specially at the end when it talks about suicide bombers trying to keep us all down, while men and woman rocketed into space on a spacecraft.

Its good reading and nice to see a different spin on events.

Maximu§

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

No comments from the anti-freedom crowd? I'm disappointed in you guys. But, since the actual truth seems to scare you off........

Perhaps the little baiting games are more offputting than the version of truths you're presenting, Army.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I read his blog every day, Micheal Yon is the best source in Iraq. 100% right on.

new topics

top topics

join