It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans have yet to hatch from this egg called earth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Because humans can’t travel trillions of miles and visit other solar systems does not preclude others from being able to.

Humans can pick up insects very easily yet insects can’t pick up humans, get them to move and maybe run, yes.

Different life forms have different abilities.

ETs are a far more advanced version of humans----not from our future they exist in the present and have abilities that seem magical to us, yet they are not magical.

Proof is everywhere still there is no proof to be had for many, some minds are blocked and could not recognize proof if it came up and sat on them.

A degree and a good job in the scientific community does not equate to high intelligence or even intelligence. Humans have yet to hatch from this egg called earth yet many claim to know what inhabits this vastly incomprehensibly large universe.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Very poetic, I applaud you.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sleeper,

Welcome back, do not know if you were gone , but good to see you posting.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
Because humans can’t travel trillions of miles and visit other solar systems does not preclude others from being able to.

Fairly logical.

Humans can pick up insects very easily yet insects can’t pick up humans, get them to move and maybe run, yes.

Not much of a news flash there. (remember though, some insects can kill a human with a single bite or sting)

Different life forms have different abilities.

That's a given.

ETs are a far more advanced version of humans----not from our future they exist in the present and have abilities that seem magical to us, yet they are not magical.

Haven't met one so I can't verify this. But if they are able to visit here, they must at least have superior technology. Don't know about the "magical abilities" part though.

Proof is everywhere still there is no proof to be had for many, some minds are blocked and could not recognize proof if it came up and sat on them.

Wrong. "Evidence" is everywhere (or at least it's out there), not "Proof." The reason some can't see it is because of those who constantly make this realm of research look like a joke by mystifying everything that comes across as alien related.

A degree and a good job in the scientific community does not equate to high intelligence or even intelligence. Humans have yet to hatch from this egg called earth yet many claim to know what inhabits this vastly incomprehensibly large universe.

In the end, I'll take the guy/girl with a degree and job in the scientific communnity over some "joe" sitting behind his/her computer who claims they know the secrets of the "aliens" anyday.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by mpeake]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Very poetic, I applaud you.

Thank YOU

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
Sleeper,

Welcome back, do not know if you were gone , but good to see you posting.

menguard,

I have been away and it is difficult to find time to post, although I try and read whenever I can.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

In the end, I'll take the guy/girl with a degree and job in the scientific communnity over some "joe" sitting behind his/her computer who claims they know the secrets of the "aliens" anyday.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by mpeake]

It's always the diamond in the rough, the ugly duckling where truth is hidden not in the ivy towers of society where fools spend their days congratulating themselves believing to have superior knowledge above the rest.

Earth is a playpen and regardless of what degree or job we have we are all playing with toys.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by sleeper]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Consider this, all life evolves from the instant of creation. no life form is known to be more advanced than us.

It remains that way until we all see them with our eyes.

Imagine the example through the eyes of an ant colony.

Ants: We are superior !

Ants: No one is greater than us!

Ants: Oh snap look out! (humans)

Enough of this "they are out there" "they are more advanced" crap. We have no proof. I like to believe, but I dont make stuff up.

Ants remain superior until stomped.

We have yet to be stomped.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Belief doesn't always have much to do with proof. That doesn't mean, however, that beliefs aren't true.
Who needs proof to know that the air they breath is keeping them alive? Parents tell kids that all the time without any solid proof, but we all believe.
There are a million things we can't understand but believe in, such as emotion.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxgoad
Belief doesn't always have much to do with proof. That doesn't mean, however, that beliefs aren't true.
Who needs proof to know that the air they breath is keeping them alive? Parents tell kids that all the time without any solid proof, but we all believe.

If you stop breathing, do you stay alive? No. Reason to believe? Yes.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

We have yet to be stomped.

Maybe not stomped but definitely stumped.

One would think that no more proof that looking into the heavens was all that was needed to know that humans are not unique, special, or “all that and a bag of chips” as my daughter once said after picking up that phrase at school.

We are but one in billions of similar life forms in the galaxy; much more in the endless sea we call the universe.

Some are lucky enough to know that without a doubt.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
With all of our knowledge, presently we are the most advanced lifeforms in the universe.

Finding life elsewhere has proven difficult, and in most regions its not inhabitable anyway.

Nothing you say can be backed up.

I could say, theres millions of planets out there that only have humans that look like Elvis.

I cannot prove it, why even say it?

Anyone who claims "alien" life is 100 percent fact needs to consider their sources.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

With all of our knowledge, presently we are the most advanced lifeforms in the universe.

Humans are barely above the so called primordial slime some believe we came from----in comparison to most of the intelligent life out there.

Finding life elsewhere has proven difficult, and in most regions its not inhabitable anyway.

We couldn’t find our way out of a paper bag much less find life out in the galaxy.

Nothing you say can be backed up.

I don’t have to back it up----no one can back up Darwinism yet most people believe it because it was taught in schools. BTW I am not religious.

I could say, theres millions of planets out there that only have humans that look like Elvis.

And you would be correct, Elvis is human and looks human and billions of planets have people on them that look just like humans and probably some look like Elvis.

Anyone who claims "alien" life is 100 percent fact needs to consider their sources.

Anyone who claims that we are it----consider the source----many scientists and others believe that humans evolved from slime and their daddy is the ape.

That’s some source----but feel free to believe that, some of us “know” otherwise.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by sleeper]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxgoad

If you stop breathing, do you stay alive? No. Reason to believe? Yes.

That was my point.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
aw c'mon, doesn't going to the moon count for something ? sending probes to jupiter ? voyager probe (vger for the trekkie)

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I tend to disagree with the not being able to travel trillions of miles
I think we already are...secretly...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
aw c'mon, doesn't going to the moon count for something ? sending probes to jupiter ? voyager probe (vger for the trekkie)

Sure it counts for something, baby steps.

Humans have a long way to go before we are able to visit the furthest reaches of our solar system let alone traverse the galaxy but it will happen some day.

However, billions of others (ETs) have “been there done that” millions of years ago. Every discovery we make believing it to be unique is not, everything has been done. A butterfly may think it is the first to break free from a cocoon spread its wings and fly but we know differently---same with us.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I tend to disagree with the not being able to travel trillions of miles
I think we already are...secretly...

We do as guests but not on anything built by us.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"A degree and a good job in the scientific community does not equate to high intelligence or even intelligence."

It surely equates to intelligence, if you've ever gone through any science program (such as me with physics) - you can't be an idiot.

I would say the vast majority in the scientific community wouldn't say that things like "warp drives" aren't possible - I just highly doubt any have come to Earth, as there isn't enough evidence (bring on the flaming).

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I wish we could just come out and say what we want to say. But yesterday I got a warning after a humorous post I made that was only one sentence long. Apparently we have to write more than one sentence. Now that that is out of the way. Ahem, HERE WE GO AGAIN.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join