It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It wasn't one...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
That was not a UFO, but the shuttle launch today. Watched it live and everything looked to go great - good luck to those guys.

Just funny how when the shuttle exits the atmosphere, all you can see is a bright spot (ball or sphere) of light. Kind of like what we've seen with these spheres and all.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Any reason why this is posted in the "Alien/UFO" forum? I think there are already a few existing threads that are covering the Shuttle Launch already.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
"Just funny how when the shuttle exits the atmosphere, all you can see is a bright spot (ball or sphere) of light. Kind of like what we've seen with these spheres and all."

I was assuming someone would make a correlation between that comment and what we've seen. Perhaps we've been seeing shuttle (possible alien origin) exiting the atmosphere.

But! Sorry to waste your time.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I understand that the bright flame of a shuttle launch could be mistaken for a ufo, but since there hasn't been a shuttle launch since 2003, I think we can safely rule out any ufo sightings in between that time period as being mistaken for shuttle launches.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i doubt anyone could mistake the shuttle for a UFO but idunno we do have some people that uneducated here in america

btw lance armstrong rocks!
good avatar mpeake

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well you could argue that it is a ufo, unidentified (by the observer) flying object.

But does it contain aliens? No sir ! it does not.

This might have been better, posted under space exploration..

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, I meant that could it possibly be alien craft exiting our atmosphere? Not particularly our shuttles, but those of alien origin.

That could put some insight into the bright sphere's that been seen in various occassions. I simply thought of UFO when I saw the visual effect of the shuttle exit and thought, wow, that looks like some of the videos I've seen.

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong area, but I feel it's UFO related.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well, I think that explains only SOME types of UFO. (The glowing sphere types) ... but what about the metallic ones? the discs? And the other non-luminous ones? Ah...yes, it does not explain everything.

But yeah, maybe the glowing balls/spheres of light moving in the skies were/are actually some kind of propulsion on alien crafts to exit our atmosphere? Heh, just a thought.

By the way, when I saw the live launch...it did look like many UFOs many have seen, including myself...so don't feel alone in that thought. I just don't think it explains the rest of various UFO types reported and recorded on film.

Ah, anywho, thanks for the interesting topic!

Peace

[edit on 26-7-2005 by Zeta_101]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
>since there hasn't been a shuttle launch since 2003

Discovery was launched yesterday.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 27-7-2005 by LordBucket]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
>since there hasn't been a shuttle launch since 2003