It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Center of universe is us.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by T_Jesus
I wouldn't buy too much into string theory.

Enlighten us!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I wouldnt be going around telling people that there is a dumb theory or not to believe in a specific theory unless you had a reason as to why you wouldnt. the string theory is just a theory, we dont know how big the universe is because we are discovering new stars all the time and they are much further away than the ones we know about. my point is we dont know a whole lot about the universe, we know some, but not everything. and the string theory it just a theory that might explain how the universe and its space can be infinite but at the same time be a closed system, at least, thats what I get from the theory.

refer to the post below, I didnt mean to post it twice.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Evolution Cruncher]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I wouldnt be going around telling people that there is a dumb theory or not to believe in a specific theory unless you had a reason as to why you wouldnt. the string theory is just a theory, we dont know how big the universe is because we are discovering new stars all the time and they are much further away than the ones we know about. my point is we dont know a whole lot about the universe, we know some, but not everything. and the string theory it just a theory that might explain how the universe and its space can be infinite but at the same time be a closed system, at least, thats what I get from the theory. as far as I know, the universe is a closed system meaning it doesnt receive or lose matter/energy.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Space is a 4D expanding balloon.

Where is the center of a balloon?
Not on the surface of the balloon [We are on the surface of the balloon].

North Star is not always at the Axis of rotation.
Over 26,000 years the axis wobbles into a different position.
www.physlink.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm guessing that av1611 is a kjv only person.

So I'd like to take this time to ask if he/she could tell me why it says in Isaiah 34 and Rev. 6 that the stars will literally fall to the earth. How could this be if stars are at least 100 times bigger than earth?

...or why it says in Is 34:4 that the heavens shall depart as a scroll unrolling.

...or why it says in Job 38:33 that the ordinances of heaven take dominion IN the earth.

...or why it says in Psalm 24 that the earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof. why not the entire universe? why just earth?

I'm also guessing that av1611 is a geocentrist(the earth doesn't spin and is the center of the universe). So my next question to him/her is.....where is the literal throne of God?...ie....where is heaven in the physical sense?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   

So I'd like to take this time to ask if he/she could tell me why it says in Isaiah 34 and Rev. 6 that the stars will literally fall to the earth. How could this be if stars are at least 100 times bigger than earth?

can you please give exact references?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
If the Universe is infinite, then any given point can be said to be the centre. So my right testicle is, in fact, the centre of the known Universe.

Actually, no. Technically, saying something is the center, is implying limits from which center can be determined. In something without limits, as the universe is theorized to be, there can be no center, because there is no edges. Given that, the only center your right testicle could be is the center for stumason's sperm production.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolution Cruncher
can you please give exact references?

Rev 6
13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Is 34
4And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
We aren't in the midle of everything... That I'am sure of... Cos' they "experts" ahve found many other planets far far away...

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
Actually, no. Technically, saying something is the center, is implying limits from which center can be determined. In something without limits, as the universe is theorized to be, there can be no center, because there is no edges. Given that, the only center your right testicle could be is the center for stumason's sperm production.

I beg to differ. A center is defined at a point equidistant from the extremities of a figure or in this case our universe. Now if the universe is infinite in all directions, we will measure infinity as our distance from the point to the extremeties. In which case, any point CAN be the center. So technically Stumason's right testicle may as well be the center of the universe. (IF THE UNIVERSE IS INFINITE...Which we dont think it is)
Stumason is setting a very bad example for all the kiddies on this site!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
Now if the universe is infinite in all directions, we will measure infinity as our distance from the point to the extremeties. In which case, any point CAN be the center.

True.

But.....what if the universe is finite?

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If the universe is finite then well all theres left
to do is
*head explodes*

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
string theory is fantasy. Unified field theory and QM are better for those who don't enjoy rolling off into day dreams.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ok, i dunno what this "northenstar" is, but i do know we arent the center of the universe. Hell, we arent even the center of our galaxy!! We arent even the center of solar system(remember...its the sun).

Complete nonsense. And even if this Northernstar seems fixed in the sky, it doesnt mean it doesnt move. Like 2 cars side by side at 160km/hour. Its like being side by side at 0km/hour(you get the point i hope).

Omg... center of the universe...for god sake....

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

But.....what if the universe is finite?

thats just it, no one knows if or where space ends. if it is finite but has no boundries, it has to have some way to wrap around itself. and if that is the case, I dont think a big bang could have done that, the nature works in 3D nothing more, how would something be more than 3 demensions?

time space and matter each have three demensions
Time [past, present, future] Space [length, width, height] and matter [ solid, liquid, gas].

there is a trinity of trinitys right there.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am the Center of the Universe, now bow before your God! Or I will destory you!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I am the Center of the Universe, now bow before your God! Or I will destory you!

dude, you just made a funny.
but for real, lets try to stick to the topic.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

dude, you just made a funny.
but for real, lets try to stick to the topic.

no no i am not kidding... I am the Center of the Universe, and all non-believers will be destoryed and will show the rest of you lowly humans to fear me awsome Power!

[edit on 30-7-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

no no i am not kidding... I am the Center of the Universe, and all non-believers will be destoryed and will show the rest of you lowly humans to fear me awsome Power!

so what makes you think you are worth worshipping? I am guessing you think that you are god. how interesting, you know the devil thought the same thing when he was actually on Gods good side and now he is going to spend eternity in hell.

that is according to the bible.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

so what makes you think you are worth worshipping? I am guessing you think that you are god. how interesting, you know the devil thought the same thing when he was actually on Gods good side and now he is going to spend eternity in hell.
that is according to the bible.

Whats!!! who has teach you this nonsense? They will be destoryed! They will fear my awsome power! Now bow before your god or I will destory your small rock you live in!!!

[edit on 31-7-2005 by ulshadow]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join