It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physcological warfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was wondering, what do people think of this type of warfare?
The military already has a unit for it and it seems to be out in force...
www.army.mod.uk...
Heres a BBC article on them...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
nothing new, the Brits use psych warfare during WW1.

www.psywar.org...

as well as other units from other countries that use psych warfare to get local population to side with them. the SAS also helps to get the population on their side during their operations in Africa and Asia and so on. dont have to depend on a unit to do the psych warfare, but it can help lessen the burden of having to do two things at once.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I used to think it involved using mind controls weapons/aerosol dispersants etc etc..

But its dropping leaflets
lol:
Kinda remionds of that tintin episode (Land of black gold I think) where the Sheikh Emir tries to drop leaflets on the camp of Bab-el-Ehr (villian) and one bunch falls plonk on bab's head!!

Then he lets out a flurry of arabic abuses and claims that the leaflets are useless because his men can't even read!!

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
From what I can tell it can work pretty well. I remember watching stuff on the Military Channel (yep, cable has that now) and I saw how the US Army used rock music against Noriega. It seemed to work pretty well.

As for me, I use certain music tracks to help me focus during competetive video gaming moments. So I can imagine it could help in the middle of a war.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
nothing new, the Brits use psych warfare during WW1.

www.psywar.org...

as well as other units from other countries that use psych warfare to get local population to side with them. the SAS also helps to get the population on their side during their operations in Africa and Asia and so on. dont have to depend on a unit to do the psych warfare, but it can help lessen the burden of having to do two things at once.

I know its nothing new but I just wondered what people thought of it.

new topics

top topics

join