It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't Delete Upload

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, the good news is that I'm able to use uploads again. The bad news is that I have a 46k image I can't delete. This is what I get:

Warning: unlink(ats16735_American Fox - Canadian Fox_CF_01_(Small).jpg): No such file or directory in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/uploads/atsupload-member.php on line 100

If there's no file, why is it listed? What to do?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Try posting it to this thread. If it won't take, maybe the link is a ghost.

The other possibility is that the server switcheroo has something to do with it.

Can you keep up with all these technical terms I'm using?

Could low-bandwith have something to do with it? Maybe that mode restricts access to uploaded images?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This problem has been around awhile. I don't remember exactly when, but for a long time I couldn't access uploads so I didn't worry about it. Here it is. The file doesn't exist, but I would still like it off my board.

files.abovetopsecret.com...(Small).jpg

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This condition sounds hellish, like tinia or jock itch.

Please post the cure when it is found.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Try uploading an image with the same name, overwrite it, and then delete it perhaps?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Now I have two files that don't exist that can't be deleted, yet diminish my upload capacity. Thank goodness, there's Photobucket.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Good job Gazrok!

Now look what you've done!

Grady
What a wierd issue. Have you tried U2Uing SO about the problem, maybe he can provide a custom fix?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have the same problem with one of my uploads, the only one that was on the server when the change took place.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Grady
What a wierd issue. Have you tried U2Uing SO about the problem, maybe he can provide a custom fix?

Well, like I said, there was a long time that I couldn't even get into the upload area, so it wasn't on the front burner. Actually, I like Photobucket. It's really easy to work with and provides me with nearly endless amusement, so I guess I'll just let it sit. SO has his hands full of more important issues.

[edit on 2005/7/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think the problem is spaces in the name of the file.

Look at the difference of the name of the file in the error, and the link you posted.

The link shows the spaces as %20 in each space. I recommend that you dont put spaces in the file name.

I dont have the fix to remove them though, sorry.

Best of Luck

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Not sure what the problem is Grady, but I just changed my avatar and deleted the old one just fine, and that is from Member's upload space.

Have you 'refreshed' your page?
Not sure if that will help, but thought i would ask.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Nothing seems to work. It's no big deal. I just thought someone might have an answer. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I seem to recall having this problem once....I can't remember how I resolved it though

Maybe try clearing your cache?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I actually don't know how to clear my cache, but I do use CCleaner on a regular basis and reboot every few days or so. I really don't think that's the problem.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well, from the error it looks like your image was deleted from the image server, but is still entered in the ATS database as a valid image under your account. This should be a quick fix for SO.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
... although not faster than a speeding bullet.

J/K.

top topics

join