It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis: resources and topics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Per Davood's suggestion:
This is the merged information thread about our Atlantis subtopics.

[edit on 20-9-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Okay, since I'm FSME here, I'll revive this and take it to the top. I think Davood had an EXCELLENT suggestion (and we will do stickies for other things as well.)

So... those of you who are TIRED of answering the same darn questions again and again, let's have some suggestions on good SCHOLARLY resources. Like the links to Plato, for instance.

In a few weeks, I'll turn this into a FAQ and release this thread to sink as it likes. But for now, let's do a bit of knowledge-building.

[edit on 20-9-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'd think that would be a great idea...

We could categorize it by theory...

such as:

South America
Thera
Bimini Road
Other Theories

Etc. and then include links to threads within each area.
I'd certainly applaud anyone putting such a thread together....and then petition it for a sticky....

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's a link to the English translation of Plato's Dialogue of Critias, where we get the story of Atlantis.

www.lost-civilizations.net...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think we need to do one of these on as many as we can do, like I was doing in the politics forum. See here for an example and I also think it would be good to get some sub-forums for egypt/atlantis/mayans, so that all of their threads can be a lot more organised.

I'm hunting out stuff for this as we speak so I'll post some info soon.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
this is great! I just posted a thread about doing something like this last night. Being new here and knowing how annoying it is to answer questions time and time again. I would gladly lend a little time to help with this...if I'm not stepping on anyones toes that is.

If someone would like to give me a topic, I could begin to search the threads and make a list of links and books covering that topic.

thanks,

Kafer

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Yeah...it's really a good idea. I'm new here and want to add a link related to atlantis. Actually I've posted it first at atlantis thread coz I didn't know about this one

Here it is...the link that told people Atlantis was in the east indies.
www.atlantis.org...

[edit on 13-7-2006 by mellatrix]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellatrix
Yeah...it's really a good idea. I'm new here and want to add a link related to atlantis. Actually I've posted it first at atlantis thread coz I didn't know about this one

Here it is...the link that told people Atlantis was in the east indies.
www.atlantis.org...

I want to say sorry that's the wrong link...the right one is
www.atlan.org...

[edit on 13-7-2006 by mellatrix]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Sorry I was just wondering if there is any new info about the Ray Brown crystal recovered from Bimini area back in 1970,it sounds to fantastic to be a true story and there is very little info I can find through google searches.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
OK sorry,nevermind I found the truth at the bottom of this web page....
www.csicop.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
At least people seem to be enjoying themsleves. Sure splitting up the mess is a great idea because it cuts down on crud deemed annoying by some but important to others. I don't see any harm in allowing people to freely speculate so long as it doesn't turn into a war over whose race is better than another. Personally, I am sick to death of Edgar Cayce, Santorini, beachrock roads and other items that rebound like annoying pop-ups you can't seem to block! I wish there was a way to exclude items of racial/new age varieties. I am more interested in questions that cannot easily be answered simply by saying, "Because Plato said so". Although Plato is the primary messenger of the Atlantis story, he was also a human being capable of making mistakes, having biases, and generally not knowing everything. Highly intelligent, yes but all-knowing, no. I am seeking a venue in which to follow a trail I started several weeks ago. I don't want locations chosen for me and I don't want people who belong to other cultures "debunking" folklore associated with mine just because Plato had no role in them. I can follow a trail of genetic sequences just fine on my own but I would like to learn more about linguistics, isotopic anomalies and folklore from cultures beyond my own. Perhaps I am asking for too much but I hope this is not the case. If threads are going to be separated by location, everything non-Plato is considered debunked, and the only ethnic discussions concern race, please feel free to direct me to another, more appropriate website so that I might continue the search I started elsewhere. Does anyone out there agree with me or am I on my own here? It wouldn't be anything new if I found myself alone again...
Sometimes starting from square one is the only way to clear out the BS left by those before you. Happy hunting/debunking; whatever your preference.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtal_Phusion
I am seeking a venue in which to follow a trail I started several weeks ago. I don't want locations chosen for me and I don't want people who belong to other cultures "debunking" folklore associated with mine just because Plato had no role in them. I can follow a trail of genetic sequences just fine on my own but I would like to learn more about linguistics, isotopic anomalies and folklore from cultures beyond my own. Perhaps I am asking for too much but I hope this is not the case. If threads are going to be separated by location, everything non-Plato is considered debunked, and the only ethnic discussions concern race, please feel free to direct me to another

www.grahamhancock.com...
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...
www.zechariasitchin.com...
knock yourself out

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i would like to add this link its shows other sources of atlantis that are before Plato www.atlantisquest.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Enh...I think there MUST be something to Atlantis...we just gotta figure out what that something *IS*.

Here's a couple of links I think should be explored:

Donnely's highly influential book on Atlantis: www.sacred-texts.com...

Donnely was inaccurate in a lot of areas but many of his observations about the similarities b/w new and old world cultures are accurate and difficult to explain without a hyperdiffusionist thesis.

Kerch, Crimea Peninsula, Ukraine-the latest "Atlantis-location-du-jour"

www.atmo.info...

My "oldie but a goldie (moldy?)" hyperdiffusionist thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
One path that I do not see adequately represented here are the Edgar Cayce Readings on Atlantis, here are some links which may help you with your endeavor (if you are unaware of Edgar Cayce and his readings, i would suggest a thorough read of his biography to some degree before discounting his perspective).

www.crystalinks.com...

all-ez.com...

www.edgarcayce.org...

www.geocities.com...

www.bermuda-triangle.org...

www.edgarcayce.org...

www.dreamscape.com...

These sites should also help you to aquire books (or at least the names of some books to look for) that may also help.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
For the life of me, I don't know why people are always so quick to abandon the idea of Atlantis being in exactly the place Plato said it was, which would put it right where the Azores are at right now. Oh, well, I guess people have looked around the Azores and don't see any cool ruins. Well, DUH! The ruins are underwater and you're looking at what used to be mountaintops!

If you look at the bathyspheric imagery of the submerged Azores plateau, it corresponds almost exactly to Plato's description. Mountains to the north, large fertile plain to the south. There may even be a port that would correspond to the capitol city. On Google, if you care to look, there is even a faint indication of a kind of "explosion" pattern, which looks like it could have been produced by a blast of some sort (like an oceanic meteor strike followed by a huge tsunami).

But no. Instead of the Azores, let's look in Antarctica or California or on the freekin Moon.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce stated that the Azores are in fact remnants of The Lost Continent. I would have thought one studying this subject would study it to their fullest before jumping to conclusions... especially a subject like this.

(the azores by the way are not the size of 'Libya and Asia Minor combined' - but that doesnt preclude the remnants of being previously incorporated)

One thing to keep in mind is that many so called locations of Atlantis may in fact be refering to their DESCENDANTS (ie Thera, Crete, Malta, etc).

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Here's a quick animation illustrating the possible impact/explosion features currently submerged on the Azores plateau. These do not appear to be imaging artifacts. I would guess a glancing asteroid impact created the features, since there is no clear crater.

There was a lot of land moved around, buried by debris, scrubbed clean, dropped into the ocean. There wouldn't be much left after almost 12,000 years anyway. Finding any leftover artifacts would definitely be a challenge.

However, that little round port in the south sure would be a good place to look for the capitol.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by SuicideVirus]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join