It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate prisonp, rense, etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The reason I stay away from those sites is that they show some sort of biased, inaccurate proof that you become inclined to believe after reading it for a while.
The only reason I poopoo a lot of things some people say is because they quote sites like rense, prisonp, etc.
But having fallen into the trap before when it is all proven wrong, or the prophecy doesn't come true I've become bored with it and decided to stick to facts.

The thing is that when I started getting into this scene back in the late 90's, I read a lot of sites that promised this and that would happen, or the reason behind this was that. But it was all a load of twaddle!
The problem is that they are all gifted with the english language (should be politicians) and actually sound convincing and all knowing.
Yes OK, looking at current technologies and the way that things go, anyone can work out that RFID chips will one day be used to catalog items and maybe people (like the british army will be). But is this true biblical prophecy or just a good assumption based on current technology and requirements?

Most people tend to believe what they're told, you are quoted sources but hardly anyone checks, especially when it's a bunch of books.
The thing is these people are gifted writers but overlook the facts.
They seem to attract a lot of gullible people, especially 'noobs', that havn't got into the whole 'scene' yet and havn't had the experience or got the knowledge to work things out for themselves.

Bit like Hitler I suppose, being good at speeches and convincing people of ideas that they havn't had the chance to evaluate themselves.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
One of the signs of the second comming is that many will seek God in the wrong places. Most of the Christian right are wrong in how they choose to read scripture. Very few actually study the whole book, if they did the telly evangelists would be out of work.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Its good to have what you would classify as a credible news source like Fox and the perspective of the "non-credible" I dont know about you, but i can deal with both, the Republican talking heads on the radio and the alternative news sources wich offer a whole different perspective on all the news. Its up to you to decide which is which and wich you beleive. In my case, the more i listen to Limbaugh, Fox, Hannity, the more i turn to Rense, Prison Planet, and progressive news on the radio. One leaves me thirsty for the other.
God gave us brains. Lets put them to use.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
The reason I stay away from those sites is that they show some sort of biased, inaccurate proof that you become inclined to believe after reading it for a while.
The only reason I poopoo a lot of things some people say is because they quote sites like rense, prisonp, etc.
But having fallen into the trap before when it is all proven wrong, or the prophecy doesn't come true I've become bored with it and decided to stick to facts.

Unless i'm jumping to conclusions, I would guess that the recent thread about the 7/7 footage bieng edited has triggered you into saying this, at this particuler time? If that is the case, In all fairness to Alex Jones and the Watson Brothers over at Prisonplanet they did say this ...

Why would the authorities doctor this image? What are they trying to persuade the public into believing? Or is this simply an optical illusion? If anyone has any other explanation for these anomalies, please e-mail the details to us.

If not, then I will just say that they do get things right quite often too you know, things that can and have been corroborated by many other sources which I am sure you will find more credible. These kinds of Alternative media sources do make mistakes, they do get things wrong, but so do the mainstream Media.

[edit on 033131p://51073 by MERC]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wish I had the attention span to read the whole book, the bits I have read are truely fascinating. Unfortunatly the Bible is typecast as a book of 'church people' or something and been forgotten as the fascinating history and prophecy book that it is (in my opinion).
Don't worry I do believe in what it says to an extent (that I have read) and I can see it coming to light.
The thing is the motivation is not necessarily evil though the outcome will be; That, however, is another discussion.

These sites babble drivel, the few words of truth are lost in a sea of madness and lies, ignorance and insanity. Sadly a lot of people are drawn into them, as I was. But their 'revelations' hole a certain power over people which draws them in and leads them to believe everything they say, without searching for the truth themselves.
Yes there is a highly probably truth in the 'mark' and RFID chips for instance.
The motivation for them may be honourable, but I can easily see a lot of bad from them in the long run.
These believable and probably accurate theories draw people in, and then the pollution of the mind starts.

As I said, a bit like Hitler. He might have had a good point at some time (and he was undeniably a very intelligant man who was very articulate), but once people were drawn in he quickly polluted their minds with his warped ideas and the story went on from there.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MERC
nless i'm jumping to conclusions, I would guess that the recent thread about the 7/7 footage bieng edited has triggered you into saying this, at this particuler time? If that is the case, In all fairness to Alex Jones and the Watson Brothers over at Prisonplanet they did say this ...
[edit on 033131p://51073 by MERC]

No it wasn't that, it was a just a general feeling that' sbeen building up and I had to voice it on here to be honest!
(I say it to my mates but they are all 'what's prisonplanet?', 'what's ATS?', 'what's the internet?' LOL

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
"you believe what you wanna believe; but you don't have to be a refuge"

A lyric from the Tom Petty song "Refuge" Listen and read from all sources no matter how extreme and make up your own mind. Agent, your Hitler reference was very apropos in this day and age of very convincing talkin heads that have an adgenda to serve. Hone your cynacism and skepticism to a razor edge because the Media both right and left are competing for your soul.

In the not to distant future there will be a very charismatic figure emerge and seemingly have the answers to a lot of mans problems. Decisions will have to be made. Please be able to make your decision from a standpoint of knowledge not emotion. The ATS motto is a good one: Deny Ignorance

Kafka said "All sins are derived from two emotional states; indeference and laziness"

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
AgentSmith,

Prison Planet is not that bad - its a little sensational, yes, but its got a whole lot of its facts straight and well sourced.

I especially like the martial law video of AJ's that I just got to view on the internet - there's a lot of interesting, verifiable stuff there.

Now Rense, on the other hand, is a lot like Weekly World News - sure they may have some real phenommena or secrets posted there, but it would just be by coincidence and the sheer volume of stories they post there.

Lately I have enjoyed whatreallyhappened a lot, because its a little less sensational then prisonp, and it never ever (that I've seen) uses Rense as a source.

It does seem to be a little anti-semtic at times, but given the Israelly governments recent behavior - it does not seem that out of line.

(and I take it with a grain of salt)

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I am an avid listener of the Jeff Rense show in addition to visiting the rense.com web site on a daily basis. What some people fail to understand is that many stories are posted not on the basis of there veracity but instead to entertain, invoke debate or provide an alternative viewpoint. Clearly many postings on the site are of dubious authenticity however its up to the reader to make up their own mind! I am paraphrasing what Jeff Rense has stated on his show on numerous occasions.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
someone please sugarcoat this mans news !!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
I especially like the martial law video of AJ's that I just got to view on the internet - there's a lot of interesting, verifiable stuff there.

Just curious if this video had the Michigan State University altercation last year with police during the final four. Personally, as at student MSU, I hated the way AJ spun that incident, even though the officers were way way out of line, as a coming of some police state. Haven't cared for much he has had to say since.

Also, rense is a left wing version of worldnutdaily

top topics

join