It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MSN virtual earth Area 51 cover up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Today MSN launched it's version of google maps.
virtualearth.msn.com...

Excited of a alternative to google, I decide to check out Area 51.

It isn't there!

What is going on here? Did MSN do thins intentionally?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Of coarse they did. I'm sure THEY HAVE to do that to certain military/goc sites.

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You can see the base on Google maps and Google Earth.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What are the co-ords for Area 51?

If there isnt one can somebody do a list of the Co-Ords for military sites "of interest" so we can all Google Earth them

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
For google Earth this is a good site.
perljam.net...
That link will bring you to all the points of interest in Nevada.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
thanks for the link umbrax, with stuff like that available on google, it just makes you wonder about all the other bases that aren't as widely publicised (in other countries too). They're probably on there too and could be just as interesting as area 51.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I've mentioned this on another forum, but there is also an Area 51 plugin you can put into your Google Maps with the gates, towers, test sites, and others I think. I'm not sure if that blank spot was intentional on MSN, only because Google is allowed to show it. If Area 51 suddenly disappeared on Google maps, then I'd probably change my mind. The site for the plugin is listed below. If anyone has trouble with it working just let me know

www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Projectsit just makes you wonder about all the other bases that aren't as widely publicised (in other countries too). They're probably on there too and could be just as interesting as area 51.

I've been looking around with MSN's Virtual Earth and I can't even zoom in on Cities outside of the US. This program is garbage compared to Google Maps.

This is the link to Area 51. I just figured out where to get it from

virtualearth.msn.com Area 51

dez

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I've seen this before on a site called terraserver that was microsoft sponsored. It was a collaborative of aerial photographs and area-51 just happened to be a big "cut out" white area near "Rachel, Nevada". I thought that was kind of interesting as the military use to claim area-51 didnt even exist. Now they seem to aknowledge the existance but deny that any ufo activity went on there. Next i'm sure they'll say yes we tested very strange UFO types we recovered from who knows where, but we never had any aliens there, and the story probably goes on and on.

top topics

join