It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jane Fonda's Anti Iraq Bus Tour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Get ready cause Hanoi Jane is coming to a town near you!

SANTA FE, NM-July 25, 2005 — Actress and activist Jane Fonda says she intends to take a cross-country bus tour to call for an end to U.S. military operations in Iraq.

Click Here for more WPVI.com Entertainment News
"I can't go into any detail except to say that it's going to be pretty exciting," she said.

Prompted by a question from the audience, Fonda said war veterans that she has met on a nationwide book tour have encouraged her to break her silence on the Iraq war.

"I've decided I'm coming out," she said.

Hundreds of people in the audience cheered loudly when Fonda announced her intentions to join the anti-Iraq war movement.

"I have not taken a stand on any war since Vietnam," she said. "I carry a lot of baggage from that."

abclocal.go.com...

I wonder how much time Ms Fonda will actually be spending on her vegi oil bus?
Will the private jet she takes to meet up with her bus at the next stop for her book promo tour (oops, I mean anti war tour) be running on vegatable oil too?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sounds like more opportunities for Vietnam vets to spit on that commie treasonous *female dog*!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just seems as though whenever her name is brought up the "wheels of
hate" are set in motion. Justifiably so I might add.......................

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lashlarue
Just seems as though whenever her name is brought up the "wheels of
hate" are set in motion.

Not in my soul.

I'm glad Jane is joining the millions to speak out against this insane war. It's especially courageous of her to face an unforgiving public knowing many people still carry hatred in their souls for her.

Go Jane!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
While I applaud her stance on the war in Iraq, I do hope she approaches this endeaver with a large amount of caution. Her Vietnam War antics resulted in many being upset with her. I also hope her focus is directed at the Government, the people sending the troops overseas. It's one thing to support the troops, they had no say in whether they were going to Iraq (except that they did enlist).

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
While I applaud her stance on the war in Iraq, I do hope she approaches this endeaver with a large amount of caution. Her Vietnam War antics resulted in many being upset with her.

Very good point and I agree. But, as the bumper sticker says:
Well-behaved Women Rarely Make History

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I never understood this fascination with celebrities.

So Jane Fonda doesn't think the war in Iraq is a good idea. Whooptie frickin' doo. She's got an opinion like the rest of us, what does she want, a cookie?

Attention grabbing stunts like this detract from the real movements.

These celebrities think they're making a difference by throwing their hat into the ring and slobbering all over every camera and microphone within a three state radius. Guess what? Nobody cares!

Get a real job, do something useful for society, like picking up trash along a highway.

By the way, the yokel who took aim at her face is no better in my opinion, in fact, he's worse. At least Fonda has the decency not to project her bodily fluids at her fellow citizens. She's content to spew BS, which never hurt anyone. It just makes her sound like she looks.

cjf

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
She will probably do more damage to the cause, (the cause not being her new autobiography of course).

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

While I applaud her stance on the war in Iraq, I do hope she approaches this endeaver with a large amount of caution. Her Vietnam War antics resulted in many being upset with her.

A bumper sticker, even in general, was not good enough to describe Jane’s 'antics' in the early seventies; although she was probably one of the first women to receive the honor of appearing regularly upon on one of these (circa 1972).

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjf
A bumper sticker, even in general, was not good enough to describe Jane’s 'antics' in the early seventies;

Oh, I know, I was aware of her 'antics'.

My point about the bumper sticker (Well-behaved Women) was in response to people being 'upset' with her.

Her Vietnam War antics resulted in many being upset with her.

I thought that was a pretty gentle way of expressing the fecal storm surrounding her 'antics'.

cjf

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I thought that was a pretty gentle way of expressing the fecal storm surrounding her 'antics'.

Yes it was and very good, I got your point, my post was merely an extension of your post adding a general contribution.

However you sparked my memory and I simply wanted to provide interested persons something practical one could print and use on 'demand' or when ‘need’ presented itself which is not cost prohibitive.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
But only the people who aren't going to war support it. Why do you think republicans love it so much? All either to old, cowards(Bush) or to rich(Bush) to go. Why democrats hate war, cause they are young enought to be drafted or aren't rich or aren't cowards.

Although, much rather have someone more attractive then Jane, like IDK, anything but Hilary or Ann Coulter....

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
``

on the other hand,

the well traveled Jane Seymour Fonda is most likely
just doing what her publicist/managers/life coaches suggest.

any negative reactions from her past 'Hanoi Jane' personna
should be a wash
As JF gets positive reactions for her siding with the growing
Get-Out-of-Iraq position...

remember, 21 Dec (also winter solstice) is her birthday,
(68 years ago)

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
When you have grown to be hated as much as she has, she must be doing something wrong. Retirement would be a good thing for her!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Get ready cause Hanoi Jane is coming to a town near you!

SANTA FE, NM-July 25, 2005 — Actress and activist Jane Fonda says she intends to take a cross-country bus tour to call for an end to U.S. military operations in Iraq.

Click Here for more WPVI.com Entertainment News
"I can't go into any detail except to say that it's going to be pretty exciting," she said.

Prompted by a question from the audience, Fonda said war veterans that she has met on a nationwide book tour have encouraged her to break her silence on the Iraq war.

"I've decided I'm coming out," she said.

Hundreds of people in the audience cheered loudly when Fonda announced her intentions to join the anti-Iraq war movement.

"I have not taken a stand on any war since Vietnam," she said. "I carry a lot of baggage from that."

abclocal.go.com...

I wonder how much time Ms Fonda will actually be spending on her vegi oil bus?
Will the private jet she takes to meet up with her bus at the next stop for her book promo tour (oops, I mean anti war tour) be running on vegatable oil too?

You GO girl!

Totally agree with her.
Good to see some of the rich and famous speaking out...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
Good to see some of the rich and famous speaking out...

I didn't see any "sarcasm" flags in your post, so I am just gonna say this....WHUH?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjf
She will probably do more damage to the cause, (the cause not being her new autobiography of course).

You americans are so funny, everyone who critizises the US policy is a commie

A bumper sticker, even in general, was not good enough to describe Jane’s 'antics' in the early seventies; although she was probably one of the first women to receive the honor of appearing regularly upon on one of these (circa 1972).

You americans are so funny, everyone who critizises the US policy is a commie, that cold war propaganda machine did a good job.

:lol

cjf

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

You americans are so funny, everyone who critizises the US policy is a commie, that cold war propaganda machine did a good job.
:lol

I is amazing how absolutely ignorant some people of the world are about ‘Americans’ and how blindly people believe that if one suggests even the slightest hint of support for a US policy…knee jerk…”you must be an ‘American’” dribbles out.

Who has really fallen for all the propaganda? Eh?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Is she going to visit iraq next and meet with insurgents? get a photo taken with a suicide belt on? Maybe meet with some 'crusaders' and have a chat with them before their heads are cut off??

Stupid Commie.....!

top topics

join