It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecented Scary Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
In my location of the US, and I have lived in the same city for decades, all kinds of records for damage, temps have occured in this country.
There have been 15 houses struck by lightening and 5 people in the last 10 days, just in this city.
Does anyone else 'feel' that we are in some type ongoing severe, unstoppable phase of severity of damage for the entire country/world from storms? It is getting scary when one does not feel safe at home during lightening..

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I do! For about a year, already. The sky is different, too--at night. If you're a stargazer then you know what I mean.

There are huge changes underway, and before too long, maybe even the media and powers-that-be won't be able to hide behind such ruses as 'global warming' and 'ozone depletion'. Those are both smokescreens that most of the world believes. But if you look into these ideas, they really aren't solid answers.

All the evidence is scattered about--in various fields of science and what-not. One must be their own investigative reporter if they want to stay informed and uncensored.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I do! For about a year, already. The sky is different, too--at night. If you're a stargazer then you know what I mean.

There are huge changes underway, and before too long, maybe even the media and powers-that-be won't be able to hide behind such ruses as 'global warming' and 'ozone depletion'. Those are both smokescreens that most of the world believes. But if you look into these ideas, they really aren't solid answers.

All the evidence is scattered about--in various fields of science and what-not. One must be their own investigative reporter if they want to stay informed and uncensored.

Yes, you are quite correct, for about a year, I have become terrified with all the changes that we are helpless against.
Even the moon looks stranger than I have ever seen..
Guess praying is the best thing to do.?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
We have had a fair bit of rain and wind here in town in the last few days. It is unusual for winter here in the tropics and I even put a pair of socks on yesterday cos my feet were cold. I did not concede to wearing long sleeves though. Apparently we have been having king tides as well which hasn't gone so well for one of Cairns beachside villages. The house there aong the esplanade are in the multi million dollar mark and whenever I drive past, I can only dream.

Being the tropics and having the barrier reef offshore, there is no surf as such. Half foot waves are considered to be large and the beach is only a couple of metres from the embankments. There are rock walls along there but i have always thought the houses which would be less than 10 metres from the waterline in places, would be in trouble if a cyclone hit or a big storm.

It came true yesterday with some house having the surf come in their loungerooms.

But now the residents are complaining and blaming the council, for not doing enough to stop the sea beforehand...

well der I say....you build castles in the sand and this is what happens...The sea is the sea, she will have her way.......

Yeah its all well and good to have a multi million dollar seaside view but to whinge when nature reclaims it's own...... get real

News Article

Emergency workers using earthmovers worked through the night to shore up dunes to stop king tides swamping homes on Cairns's northern beaches in far north Queensland.

State Emergency Service (SES) spokesman Daryl Camp said strong winds had whipped up the spring tides to abnormal levels over the past three nights.

He said last night at Clifton Beach, along the Arlington Esplanade, the situation had been particularly bad - with waves breaking across the road and at the point of entering people's houses.

"To combat that, the Cairns City Council has built up some very large sand banks and the SES were sand bagging around people's properties," he said.

The above pic was taken from the real estate for sale link below. It was taken from the backyard of the property for sale in the suburb next to Clifton Beach which is mentioned above. The pics here show how close the development is to the sea and the waterline.

Property For Sale
Property For Sale Bachfront

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Queenannie, could you be more specific when your assertions? What changes are you suggesting, and how is the sky different?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Weather extremes, in general--but the main thing that's noticeable is the melting of the ice caps. Last in year, in June, the webcam at the north pole showed a lot more water than ice--and looking through the archives I could see it was definitely unprecedented in recent years. But it was not mentioned in the news or any mainstream media. Suddenly this year, just recently, it's a major topic. No longer a 'will happen in the future' but 'happening right now.' The glaciers everywhere are retreating faster and faster.

There's a few other things which are likely a result of the increase of fresh water melting into the oceans, which aren't top news yet--the gulf stream is diminishing and the cold spot that has long been known to exist in the Atlantic ocean is migrating toward the gulf of Mexico. These are the indicators that climate will change--the gulf stream, mainly. The melting ice caps will affect more than just the sea level--it will truly cause some major changes in the weather patterns and environment, even geologically--from increased weight on the ocean floors.

It seems that the study of ice core samples has been boosted, somehow, and they are more able to analyze the degrees and durations of climate change in the past. The last ice age ended in a period of 50 years--all the ice melted in that short time. Then there was a very cold time for 1000 years, then in the space of only 20 years, it warmed up to the more tropical climate that we've known for 10,000 to 12,000 years, plus or minus a century or two.

That is fast! 50 years. Of course, if you think about it, melting is an exponentially increasing process, especially when the ice is in constant contact with water over large surface areas, such as the Ross Ice Shelf in Antarctica and in the Northern Passage.

As far as the sky--the constellations just aren't the same as they always have been. I can't really describe it--I've been a sky watcher all my life, but in an instinctive manner. Meaning I don't often look through a telescope and plot azimuths and declinations, but I am familiar with the sky and how it looks at all different times of the year. And all this past year, it just isn't as familiar as it should be.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This weight transfer (polar ice/glacial melting) could be the straw that broke the camels back causing a pole shift... takes place around every 10-12k yrs (The planet has already been wobbling- The Chandler wobble, if you google its David Chandler) and like a top that slows will topple.

We have a longer day and an adjustment will be made to compensate for the time shift ) Also the ocean currents are the life blood of the planet, the patterns definitley are shifting and extremes will be taking place around the globe. Earthquake activity will also increase, some had even suggested 12's on the richter scale which is a global event.
This is yet another sign of the end time so yes, definitely do seek the Lord if you haven't done so already. ... and trust in Him to see you through, don't worry, just be ready for His coming. He has foretold all and hasn't forgotten us, he's always with us.

Many point to patterns that explain all the increased activity and that it is normal for the fluctuations. However, I seriously doubt that the historical records have anything to base a judgement upon since these things are taking place at an unprecedented rate.
Like my sig says, if you find yourself unable to cope with these changes, pray for calm and trust me, you will be blessed!

edit: that is when I even have a sig lol

[edit on 29-7-2005 by keybored]

new topics

top topics

join