It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Evidence - Ufo near MIR Station - March 31st, 1991

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There have been lots of unbelievable ufo footages coming from MIR missions during the nineties. Here is one of them. It is one of the most solid piece of footage of what is certainly an extraterrestrial spacecraft.

The video was taken on march 31, 1991. MIR cosmonaut Musa Manarov filmed the approach of a Progress cargo flight, when he suddenly discovered a cigar-shaped object, floating in space. He filmed the complete maneuver of the ufo for over two minutes.

Musa Manarov comments :

It happened during a visit mission, when all our attention was focused on the slowly approaching space capsule. I was close to the great porthole, from where I could see our approaching visitors. I watched everything very carefully… When the capsule came closer, I filmed it with a professional Betacam camera. Suddenly I noted something below the spaceship, which first looked like a kind of antenna. Only when I looked closer and analyzed the situation, I realized that there was no antenna at all. But first I thought it was a part of the construction. But then this element started to move. It moved away from the ship. So I grabbed the radio and told them: “Hey, Boys, you are losing something.”

This, of course, alarmed them. With all my experience especially with docking maneuvers in space I can tell you that especially in this phase simply nothing can break off at all. If something would have been loose, it would have been torn off long before, during the launch, the maneuvers, the turn, all these much more energetic flight phases. Now we were just gliding slowly towards each other, without any pressure on the capsule.

But then this “something” started to remove downwards. When it flew away, it attracted all our attention. It looked like if it was rotating. It was difficult to estimate its dimensions. If it was close or far away I could not say, it was in free sight, and in space it is difficult to estimate any size and distance. I can only say for sure that it was not very close, since I set the camera for infinity. If it would have been just a screw or something close to us, it would have been out of focus. The object was quite far away. In any case at least 300 feet, since this was the distance of the space capsule, and I had the impression that it was beyond it.

It is possible that it was a kind of UFO. We can't say with any certainty what it was. It was definitely not a bigger piece of space junk, no rocket part or so, since this would have been located… the space surveillance, ours and the American, locate all bigger objects in space. They are followed, for every minute we know their position and flight direction. If such an object would have come so close to the MIR, they would have located it and informed us.

I don't think it was a piece of space junk or debris. There is a lot of that in the Earth orbit - Satellite parts, rocket parts, just everything- but our space surveillance locates them, and according to them there was nothing…

To download the video, CLICK HERE (Right click, Save as - 10.8 Mo).

Enjoy the Evidence.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
maybe its just me but the video thing isnt working correctly or something

i didnt get a video of MIRUFO but i got a flashing black screen with "TV static" appearing often

good find tho

this cigar ufo thingy + photo + astronaut testimony is very revealing
thanks for diggin this one up bro

gj!

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You need the Divx 5 codec to watch the video. You can download it here

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Do you have a way it can be downloaded to a mac?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Looks interesting. Looks one of two things to me. Either its small and about the same distance or slightly farther than the pod, or its Huge and wayyy out there.

Neat footage.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I donno, but I think this looks like a old 1950's B-Movie.

In other words, HOAX comes to mind.

It looks like a small LED light that is sporadically going on and off at any certain time.

Also the "Mir" looks to model'ish to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
eh

I dunno why but it doesn't feel like much.

Could be a Russian astronaut pulling a prank on us dumb Americans.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
looks unatural! I wonder what direction it was going??

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I am amazed by some comments about the video. Remember that this footage comes directly from the archives of the Soviet Space authorities. This is definitively a smoking gun.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
I am amazed by some comments about the video. Remember that this footage comes directly from the archives of the Soviet Space authorities. This is definitively a smoking gun.

anything released by a Soviet or American space authority is a smoking gun

we dont know exactly what it is; but we can tell its 100% unknown

its not our typical stuff here

aliens? i dont know; but it very well could be

whatever that thing is; nobody knows

its definatly video evidence of something bizzare; being the radar wasnt able to scan the object
plus the cosmonauts testimony

its probably wont convert anyone to our cause; but for us whom are already deep into this stuff; its Always nice to see support to help us remember we are NOT crazy and this stuff is Totally Legit

stuff like this; tho inconclusive; proves there is phenomena existing out in space that no one understands fully ; yet
its definatly worth something; to some of us
just because of the strange nature of this whole occurance

[edit on 25-7-2005 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
There have been lots of unbelievable ufo footages coming from MIR missions during the nineties. Here is one of them. It is one of the most solid piece of footage of what is certainly an extraterrestrial spacecraft.

The video was taken on march 31, 1991. MIR cosmonaut Musa Manarov filmed the approach of a Progress cargo flight, when he suddenly discovered a cigar-shaped object, floating in space. He filmed the complete maneuver of the ufo for over two minutes.

second pic kinda looks like a Commet cuz of the tail but i dun know only the people who witnessed it will truely no
Musa Manarov comments :

It happened during a visit mission, when all our attention was focused on the slowly approaching space capsule. I was close to the great porthole, from where I could see our approaching visitors. I watched everything very carefully… When the capsule came closer, I filmed it with a professional Betacam camera. Suddenly I noted something below the spaceship, which first looked like a kind of antenna. Only when I looked closer and analyzed the situation, I realized that there was no antenna at all. But first I thought it was a part of the construction. But then this element started to move. It moved away from the ship. So I grabbed the radio and told them: “Hey, Boys, you are losing something.”

This, of course, alarmed them. With all my experience especially with docking maneuvers in space I can tell you that especially in this phase simply nothing can break off at all. If something would have been loose, it would have been torn off long before, during the launch, the maneuvers, the turn, all these much more energetic flight phases. Now we were just gliding slowly towards each other, without any pressure on the capsule.

But then this “something” started to remove downwards. When it flew away, it attracted all our attention. It looked like if it was rotating. It was difficult to estimate its dimensions. If it was close or far away I could not say, it was in free sight, and in space it is difficult to estimate any size and distance. I can only say for sure that it was not very close, since I set the camera for infinity. If it would have been just a screw or something close to us, it would have been out of focus. The object was quite far away. In any case at least 300 feet, since this was the distance of the space capsule, and I had the impression that it was beyond it.

It is possible that it was a kind of UFO. We can't say with any certainty what it was. It was definitely not a bigger piece of space junk, no rocket part or so, since this would have been located… the space surveillance, ours and the American, locate all bigger objects in space. They are followed, for every minute we know their position and flight direction. If such an object would have come so close to the MIR, they would have located it and informed us.

I don't think it was a piece of space junk or debris. There is a lot of that in the Earth orbit - Satellite parts, rocket parts, just everything- but our space surveillance locates them, and according to them there was nothing…

To download the video, CLICK HERE (Right click, Save as - 10.8 Mo).

Enjoy the Evidence.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Definitely makes me think of the "flying serpents" as described per ancient Sumerian tablets.

new topics

top topics

join