It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blade TV series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

David Goyer on the Blade TV Series
Source: SCI FI Wire July 21, 2005

SCI FI Wire caught up with David Goyer who talked about the hour-long Blade series he's working on for Spike TV:

"I'm co-writing the pilot with Jeff Johns, and it's going to be Spike's first dramatic show, and it's going to air next June."

Goyer said that the network has ordered 13 episodes of the new series, which will center on the vampire-killing hero of the Blade films, which Goyer also wrote (he directed that last one, Blade: Trinity).

"It'll be Blade, but it's different than the movies, that's all I can say," Goyer said, adding that a new actor will be hired to portray the iconic character, who was played by Wesley Snipes in the movies.

He also said they have had a meeting for a Batman Begins sequel. For more of the interview

www.superherohype.com...

I really hope this turns out good.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
David Goyer + Jeff Johns =

- Wesley Snipes =

I can;t imagine anyone but Wesley Snipes playing Blade. Snipes practically made Blade. The movies are such a stretch from the comics ( thats a good thing) Snipes really made the character his own.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Snipes does not want to do it anymore.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Blade without Snipes!! Come on!!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
According to aintitcool.com Blade will be played by Kirk "Sticky Fingaz" Jones.

Filmography.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
comicscontinuum.com has an Update on the TV show and some images.

David Goyer, executive producer and co-writer of the Blade televison movie for Spike TV, told The Continuum there's a week left of shooting in Vancouver, British Columbia.

"It's going very well," Goyer said of the film, which is serving as a pilot for a Blade series.

Kirk "Sticky" Jones, former front man of Onyx, takes over from Wesley Snipes as Blade.

"Sticky is awesome as Blade," Goyer said. "Very charismatic. Different than Wes, but cool."

Goyer wrote all three Blade films and directed Blade: Trinity. He wrote the TV movie with former JSA comics partner Geoff Johns.

Goyer confirmed that the story is set in Detroit; he Johns are both originally from Southeastern Michigan.

"Although locals will not recognize any landmarks," he said.

Blade won't be on the air until June, but Spike TV is already promoting the show -- both as part of its 2006 lineup and in a spot on its own.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
no WS.........no way! he is BLADE!

nope! no WS no good!

oni x x

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Got a trailer

www.ugo.com/blade

Looks okay for a TV show I guess.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
great loved the movie(S) but i cannot help but think that a series will turn into another buffy the vampire slayer same stupid plots and such . . .without the chicks. = major suckith

any one ever notice how a good movie (video game) degernerates as you add sequels- or God forbid- turn it into a series (and vice versa)??

Highlander?
Blade?
The Matrix?
Battlestar Galatica?

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You can't forget to add The Crow to a great movie turned into a bad tv series. I just don't see this series being all that great, it kinda looks a little like another Angel or Buffy.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Spike TV has cancelled Blade: The Series.

Just wanted to say thanks again to all of you who supported me and Blade the Series. I was just informed today that there will be NO 2nd season of Blade the Series. I really enjoyed playing Krista and i hope that i did her justic at least for one season! However, that is not the end of Jill Wagner's acting career. I will keep you guys posted on what's next for me. Again i say thanks for the support. Hey, there is always the DVD

right????

theocracy.wordpress.com...

new topics

top topics

join