It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it that I am seeing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I was bored one day, so I did something I used to do as a kid sometimes, I lied down on the ground outside and squinted my eyes hoping to see some weird stuff. And I am curious what the heck is it I am seeing?

Figure 1 :
files.abovetopsecret.com...
These just float across my field of vision in the direction I last moved my eye, im assuming they are some microbes or something?

Figure 2 :
After a minute or so, I see these little white/yellow pulsing lights, they appear, move in a random direction then fade, eye movement doesnt seem to affect them.

Figure 3 :
Occasionally instead of the flashing lights, ill see this black vortex moving around, with very few flashing lights, and if i wait long enough it
alternates, the lights build up then this vortex goes around and they disperse to very few pulsings. Eye movement doesnt seem to affect this vortex, and it is not always in my field of vision, sometimes I have to turn my head to see it when the light pulses die down.

What is it that I am seeing?? Does anyone know? I am very curious !

xu

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
these are natural eye defects as far as I know and bugs nearly every normal person if s/he concentrates on it. the last vortex you speak of is most possibly the blind spot of the eye, but you cant catch it with your eye movement, whenever you move your eye to look at it it will move too, since it is a part of your eye. its all natural dont worry, but I remember reading that the white spots you are seeing depends on the makeup of the eye fluid and varies from people to people, you should ask a doctor about these, they could be signs of something like maybe eye tension.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
ive had them since i was a kid

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Have a search for eye floaters - perhaps this is what you are experiencing??

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
ok great well im due to see an optomitrist ill ask if there is anything he can do when i go.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Davood

Flashing lights could ba sighn of a detached retina. This is serious. Go see an optimologist not an optomitrist. An MD that specializes in the eye. Good luck and Peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
dude its only if i squint my eyes and wait a while hehehe. i dont have that stuff normally.

apc

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The little specks are dirt and dead skin cells.

The rest are largely your brain getting bored with the same signals being sent by your rods and cones so it starts blending the signals together. The image your retina picks up fades rapidly, so your eyes are constantly moving to refresh the picture (you dont notice the movement tho, it's very fine).

Stare at a tile floor sometime and you'll notice some of the lines will disappear and blend together.

For a really nifty effect, press on your closed eyelids. Don't press so hard it hurts but just put some pressure there. After a few seconds you will begin seeing a kaleidoscope of colors, and after you release everything you see will be very intense and a little blurry for a short period of time. This is due to intraocular pressure on the rods and cones and is not dangerous as long as only do it for short periods of time infrequently. Don't make a habit out of it.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I see things like in the first picture all the time. It's just gunk in your eye, no big deal.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If you can hold your eyes very still you can see the blood cells moving through the veins in your eyes. You need to look at the sky or a blue background for it to work well. And yes, this is the blood cells I'm talking about, as they follow the same squiggly paths over and over again.

The human eye is build sorta inside out in that the light traveling into our eyes has to pass through a mass of blood vessels before hitting the retina. Normally these blood vessels are behind the retina.

Black spots are normally only a problem if you get a sudden spray of them in your vision. This usually means a detached retina.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davood
*snip*...
Figure 2 :
After a minute or so, I see these little white/yellow pulsing lights, they appear, move in a random direction then fade, eye movement doesnt seem to affect them.
*snip*...
What is it that I am seeing?? Does anyone know? I am very curious !

As AlfredENewman suggested, I think that these are probably eye floaters. If I squint really hard and look carefully, I get them too, although they are red, not white/yellow. I'm pretty sure it's quite common. As for #1 and #3, sorry, I don't have a clue, although #1 looks kind of obscene to me

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlfredENewman
Have a search for eye floaters - perhaps this is what you are experiencing??

lol ive those..i think every1 has them, theyre just not noticed yet

top topics

join