It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Top 10 Most Wanted: Status of Usama Bin Laden Pre-2001

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
OK here's the go. This movie was released in 2001 and obviously written and the script written before 2001 and almost definitely before the September 11 attacks. Tonight I was watching Hannibal on DVD. The camera pans over the FBI's 10 most wanted list and just before it shows Hannibal Lecter it shows Usama Bin Laden. In real life was 'Usama Bin Laden' as they spelt it, really in the FBI top ten most wanted list?? If so, isn't this clear evidence that they should have been tracking him more, and if any threat or message foundout by the FBI that he was going to bomb the trade centers or do anything, wouldn't u think the FBI would've taken it more seriously for a man on their top ten list?? Peace.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by sugeshotcha]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yes, he was.

Before Sept. 11 I had the FBI's 10 top most wanted on my bedroom wall. I had printed each person out and had them printed on my wall (I was 10 or 11, don't ask
)

I only remember two names though, James Bulger I think it was, and Osama Bin Laden.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Nventual]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Osama has been on the top 10 most wanted list since the first WTC attack I think.

The reward then was only like 50K US$ or something like that. Once 9/11 happend, he got boosted to a pritty hefty sum that has been rising since.
Only a douzen of years before that he was still the CIA's lil helper to fight the Russians in Afghanistan.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There's a website or two that have archived websites all the way back to 1995, maybe you could find one of them, I can't remember the name.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
www.fbi.gov...

There is not one mention of Bin Laden being behind September the 11th on that site. :|

Or even the 1993 truck bomb.

What the hell?

[edit on 9/7/2005 by Odium]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Maybe it's outdated? I remember after the bombings they had it saying he was behind them on the Most Wanted page. Maybe it's outdated or they got rid of it, for some reason.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Maybe it's outdated? I remember after the bombings they had it saying he was behind them on the Most Wanted page. Maybe it's outdated or they got rid of it, for some reason.

No, because he has gone down from $50 million to $25 million and "An additional $2 million is being offered through a program developed and funded by the Airline Pilots Association and the Air Transport Association.". Which most likely makes it after 9/11

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world.

Am I reading that right or reading to much into it?
Hes not "officialy" wanted as the main cullprit for the September 11 attack and other attacks credited by the Bush admin and the media to Al-Quida and Osama but just a suspect??

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
"throughout the world" as a legal term, means "Other Nations excluding our own/our own Property in other Nations".

This is really odd...maybe I actually found something of importance?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
No, because he has gone down from $50 million to $25 million and "An additional $2 million is being offered through a program developed and funded by the Airline Pilots Association and the Air Transport Association.". Which most likely makes it after 9/11

No. There was never a "gone down".
The reward has remained the same.
The doubling of the Bin Laden reward to $50 million was given the OK by the House of Representatives, here:

Legislation passed in November by Congress as part of the appropriations bill allowed the State Department to double the current $25 million reward for information leading to bin Laden's capture, under the Rewards for Justice Program.

U.S. mulls $50 million bin Laden bounty

Key word from the above quoted mention is "allowed".
The State Department is headed by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. As such, she has not yet authorized or made a final decision on the increase to the reward from $25 million to $50 million for Bin Laden.

In November, Congress authorized increasing the reward for information leading to bin Laden's killing or capture to $50 million. But Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice hasn't boosted the reward.

Scroll down 3/4s of the page

seekerof

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Thank you for the correction Seekerof, I thought it started at 50million - my mistake.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well, to be honest, Odium, I had thought that it had been doubled myself.
When I read your post, I simply wanted to double check my thinking and what you mentioned.

In doing that bit of research, I discovered that not only were you incorrect, I was incorrect in thinking what I had been taking for fact all along.

We both learned something.

seekerof

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow, everytime i see some new evidence about 9/11 i get even more worried abou thow our nation is.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   

There is not one mention of Bin Laden being behind September the 11th on that site. :|

It is obvious why that is, can't you guys work it out?

Because when of *if* 9/11 is exposed for being a scam the FBI can say

"We never said Osama had anything to do with 9/11"

Just like a military official who said
"This is a piece of debris BELIEVED to be from the aircraft which struck the Pentagon"

He never said Flight 77 struck the Pentagon...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Problem is, aelphaeis_mangarae, I would expect them to cover their tracks a lot better then that? They could easily change it later on and have it removed from any other websites - no questions asked. So that only they and a small minority knew it got changed.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Just like a military official who said
"This is a piece of debris BELIEVED to be from the aircraft which struck the Pentagon"

He never said Flight 77 struck the Pentagon...

All that means is:

"It could've been debris from somewhere in the building, or from any number of sources - we haven't actually analyzed it fully yet". It had no hidden meaning.

And it really didn't mean: "dude, Flight 77 didn't hit the Pentagon, but I'm not allowed to say that, so I'll say this instead".

Sorry, but that just looks like "no proof at all" - just rogue conjecture.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, there was a $1 million reward for bin Laden before 9-11 for his role in the original attempt on the WTC. I think he was the #1 wanted man even then. It was four years ago, but this is what I remember reading in the days right after 9-11.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the USS Cole? Thats why he went up to number one.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i heard that osama is dead.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by healthyhitter
i heard that osama is dead.

healthy...can you back this up with anything at all?

Reasons?

Evidence?

"I heard" doesn't really mean an awful lot....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join