It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Bad Feelings/Impending Doom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm a little leary of posting this after what's happened today--aside from this thread, my thoughts are with those affected directly or otherwise. I know everyone here is pretty open-minded and generally gives others the benefit of the doubt, but I know I personally hold anything that's stated after the fact highly suspect.

For the past several months, maybe even close to a year, I've been occasionally having really strong feelings that something bad is going to happen. Most of the time they go with nothing (obvious at least) happening. Pretty much everytime they don't just fade away though, they end up getting worse and worse. Everytime that happens it inevitably ends up being my bank account being overdrawn, and I write it off as subconsciously knowing we'd spent too much. No biggie.

Last night, around midnight (US Pacific time) I was really antsy. I rarely have trouble getting to sleep, I go to bed fairly late every night, but I'm generally out the minute I hit the lights. I'd taken a nap yesterday, so it may just be that as well. But it wasn't just being unable to sleep; I was paranoid, feeling like someone was going to break in the house. Even getting up and checking the locks didn't help much, nor did the smoke and the glass of milk. And this morning I get up and check ATS and, well, everyone knows what the headlines were.

I guess the main thing I'm curious is whether this--along with my other feelings--can be some type of premonition in a way, or if it's merely coincidence? The other ones--not that they have happened in any obvious way--but I can get a slight feeling of what it might be. I mean, I'll feel this, and then I'll try and think of different things it possibly could be, and generally only one feels right. Normally it's Mt St Helens blowing up, but since I live just about 100 miles from it it may be just my own paranoia.

I don't know if I'm even making sense or not; if I'm not being clear, feel free to ask. But I would like some kind of comment/suggestion/advice/whatever if possible. Thanks in advance

EDIT:
I just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to claim I predicted it would happen or anything like that; I'm just a little confused about this.

[edit on 7/7/2005 by MCory1]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Lots of people have some kind of premonitions, but the problem is, it is just a "bad" feeling that something is going to happen (as you described also)....and you have no idea what is going to happen (or where, etc.)

Some would say it is an "intuition", but whatever it is, I would just try to be more aware of your surroundings, etc. whenever it happens again.

I believe it is kind of a warning to be careful, since we often fall into a false sense of security with our mundane lives (doing the same thing over and over....we switch into an "automatic mode" so to speak). So....like I said, when you get these "bad" feelings....I think it is a time to be more alert or ready for anything out of the ordinary.

Hope that makes sense. And it is just my opinion, but I hope that helps.

Faeryland

join