It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TBATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ok i've seen the term used a fair bit, but have no idea what it means.Can someone enlighten me please, or direct me to a thread that will explain it?

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by feygan]

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
feygan

In the history of early third millennium Bulletin Board wars, TBATS was a minor revolutionary movement which spoke for and fought for ... ... hmmmmmm... ... for .... ahem....

Actually I don't know what they stood for.

But they came from outer space, and they landed at ATS, and they wanted to "take it back" somewhere,
hence 'Take Back ATS' or TBATS.

Do you want to join up?

U2U William.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
MA, summed up the TBATS movement by saying it was a revolution by some who's goals were not exactally clear to say the least. I wasn't part of the movement so I wouldn't dare try and speak for those who were, but I will say that it seemed egotistic in it's motives and pointless in it's actions.

Here's why:

1. Since ATS is owned it is therefore subject to change and operation by it's owner and those appointed by it's owner, not by TBATS members.

or in other words...

2. The TBATS group and their views may or may not have had some interesting points to discuss, but the "Taking Back" of ATS was not theirs for the "Taking".

3. The end result of their attempt at "Taking" something that did not belong to them resulted in the TBATS crew being completely banned from ATS.

4. During their little mutany it proved only to show what a pointless cause they stood for in the first place. It served the wants of the few (TBATS), with disreguard to the many (All other ATS Members), which I think most of us would agree is the exact problem within most organizations. (Governments, Corperations, etc...)

ATS has many topics of interest to explore that I'm sure you find more interesting and rewarding than anything to do with TBATS, also much more clearity as to the underlying motives.

Simply stated, TBATS could be comparable to nothing more than a collective of complainers with a flimsy plan of action.

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by mOjOm]

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
mOjOm

Ouch.

More historical recording than I was prepared to put in.

And now feygan probably won't U2U William.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
TBATS was started by the Admin's and Mod's in the begining. It was they're way of taking control over the board as they fely it was getting out of hand.

TBATS was later adopted by the so called ATS hacker's that have been messing with the board recently. Truth is, TBATS doesn't exist anymore. Hasn't since a couple of it's member's went rouge and did thing's they shouldn't have.

Seem's TBATS is being used now as a scare tactic ... and a scapegoat. Forget about TBATS ... They don't exist anymore. And no ... I was never afilliated with them ...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
To whom does the OUCH belong to?

If you mean TBATS crew, then I will add KARMA.

I will admit that thier motives are not 100% clear to me so I may be wrong in my view of them, but it did not seem to be with the intent of improvement for all but for the desire of the few. Neither of which actually make any difference anyway since the owner of ATS has the right to do as he sees fit reguardless of 3rd party interests.

Don't view my opinion as heartless or closed off to other versions for I too feel the loss of some included on the TBATS banned list. As much as I hate to lose certain members and miss their input, I can't ignore the fact that such selfish actions by TBATS were destructive when executed. I'm not trying to justify the actions of TBATS or the Administration for banning those involved, I am only trying to show how any time spent toward investigating TBATS will be time better spent on other topics. Although should there be any doubt in what I say or if there are still questions that need answering then by all means I encourage feygan or anyone to u2u William and/or follow through in their efforts to find the answers they're looking for.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the info guys, I had no (joining interest) in the group, just an information based one. When you see a group mentioned alot you tend to want to know who they are, or at least you do if your as nosy as me.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
TBATS was a group of escaped mutant test subjects from a top secret govornment lab who were victims of cruel penis modifaction experiemtns. They were simply trying to warn the world of the govornments new "cockray" which can sjrink world wide penis sizes to microscopic levels, thus inciting the wrath of females around the world, and inducing a takeover and chaos.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
WOWA!
were they subjected to anal probes as well?

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
TBATS was a group of escaped mutant test subjects from a top secret govornment lab who were victims of cruel penis modifaction experiemtns. They were simply trying to warn the world of the govornments new "cockray" which can sjrink world wide penis sizes to microscopic levels, thus inciting the wrath of females around the world, and inducing a takeover and chaos.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
hmmm...

On a similar note, Cadbury candy company and Merck pharmaceuticals have partnered to develop the most revolutionary (and tastey) birth control to date. It is a mint flavored chewable that a woman eats just prior to sex.

It will be called Predickamint and will be available in all your major drug chains as well as Wal Mart.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
TBATS wasn't a revolution, it was just stupid.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
dont worry about Take back ats...As have said before "it was nothing but trouble and stupidity". Its somthing some of the members don't like to talk about..and i wish that we could just deny the ignorance and put it behind us

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

I like how Illmatic got to the point, good one.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by Illmatic67

I like how Illmatic got to the point, good one.

Off subject but it did have to do with this other post. Just wanted to say I'm glad to see Illmatic67 is still around. Perhaps you never really left but if I remember right you were atleast toying with the idea. It's nice to see your "Direct to the point" posts here again.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
mOjOm

Yeah. Illmatic is the antithesis of TBATS and anything fake.

But I wonder where his cry for attention was coming from? Or whether the owners paid him off, to help him stay?

J/K.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I believe that the question has been answered, so I am now locking this thread.

top topics

join