It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Outlines Plans for Homeland Defense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am wondering if this is just prudent planning or does the Government know something that it is not telling us?

The strategy, contained in a 40-page document called Strategy for Homeland Defense and Civil Support and approved last month, says a more “active, layered” defense is necessary and that soldiers must be prepared to deal with large numbers of casualties arising from “multiple, simultaneous attacks” on U.S. soil.
Article

“The move toward a domestic intelligence capability by the military is troubling,” said Cato Institute senior editor Gene Healy. “The last time the military got heavily involved in domestic surveillance, during the Vietnam War era, military intelligence kept thousands of files on Americans guilty of nothing more than opposing the war.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by cryptorsa1001]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Its interesting that this announcement comes a day before the attack in London.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That was nice timing. It seems as though he always has to make some sort of weak and asinine speech before one of these events. I can't remember the last time this pattern happened... didn't the SAME THING happen before Madrid?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't recall any speech before the madrid but then again i can hardly remember what happened yesterday.

top topics

join