It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Silva Method (Mind Control?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what the Silva Method is?

I actually came upon this today, at ATS, when I was reading some post on the Superman Experiment, and it mention something called the "Silva Method", formerally known as the "Silva Mind Control"...

and from what I read, it allow you to tap into your conciousness, and create your own reality and outcome...and help you develop mental abilities... and I'm pretty sure theirs alot more to it than this, it could be a cult, or whatever so i dont know? Can someone tell me what this really is..

here's some links:

www.silvamethod.com...
religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu...
www.silvaultramindsystem.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I actually studied it for awhile. Basically, just another form of self-hypnosis/meditation.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I used to listen to the Sylva tape cassettes many moons ago. The tapes focused on meditation, self improvement etc... The basis for Sylva mind control was the technique of self hypnosis. This was over 25 years ago, and I still use many of the methods I learned back then today. The idea is that when you have entered this "base" level of consciousness your mind opens up to all types of suggestions and you can effect behavioral change while in this state, listening to a tape that keeps telling you, for example, cigarettes are bad for you. I went to a couple of seminars with my next door neighbor, they were basically showing different skills that were learned and then trying to get you to buy the cassette boxes for learning them.

I dont know anything about what Andy Pero claimed, however I wouldnt doubt that the program, company or cult or whatever you want to call it may have had some nefarious factions within it. Personally though I did not have a negative experience with it. And it has helped me.

Interestingly I later learned that some of the techniques used were very similar to some Eastern techniques I went on to practice.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Man this is great, I got the Admin and the Supr. Mod...to reply, they must know their stuff.

Byrd:
Can you be a little bit more specific? and did you accomplish anything out of it?

William One Sac:
So, would you suggest, me, and the other folks at ATS to buy it or go to the seminars? and also did it really help you enter that "base" level of consiousness?

to Who ever used it:
Did it really help you develop some mental abilities? Super quick learning abilites, or maybe abilities more of in the paranormal spectrum.

(i'm not gonna lie, if it gives me super learning ability, i'll buy it)

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
William One Sac:
So, would you suggest, me, and the other folks at ATS to buy it or go to the seminars? and also did it really help you enter that "base" level of consiousness?

It will NOT give you super abilities. And I cant say for sure that what they are selling now, or the techniques they are using, are the same as when I leaned them in the early 80's. My experience with it was it was a very good way to learn meditation. I used the tapes for self-hypnosis but I am afraid I am not very prone to suggestion. Personally, if I were you, I would just get a tape on meditation, or a tape on some aspect of your life you would like to improve. I am sure that the results would very nearly be the same.

As for getting to a basic level of consciousness, yes, the techniques worked for me fully. After a while I would be able to slip into this basic state after just a few deep breaths. This has advantages for several reasons, for example if you are in a stressful situation and want relief. (Although I would advise against doing that in traffic.)

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
(Although I would advise against doing that in traffic.)

.. that leaves me out...

How long did it take to listen to these tapes before anything happened???

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
To be honest I usually fell asleep before the tape ended, as you must be totally relaxed for it to work. And as I said the tapes never produced any behavior modification in me, nothing major anyhow. But it really did teach me how to just totally relax, I mean totally, within about three breaths. I can still do it today. And it layed the foundation for other meditation techniques I went on to learn later.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

[edit on 5-7-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thanks...William One Sac, I might try it out when I have to cash, but i'll take your word, i mean even though it doesnt give you super powers, i still think its worth a shot.

but I still want to hear what other have to say....this could get very interesting if we had more users of this product

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I used to use it back in the 80s for relaxation. Being an insomniac, I've tried a multitude of things to help me relax enough to go to sleep. It actually worked about 70% of the time. But like everything else, it too eventually stopped working.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I just signed up and took the beginner's Silva class about 2 months ago mostly out of curiosity. I was intrigued by the references to mind control and also liked the idea of increasing pyschic abilities. Anyway, I didn't really know what to expect and I"ve never officially 'meditated' before. We met up with the instructor in a tiny room at a hotel and there were maybe 8 people in the room. I guess the first night was just a free audit and the next day some of the participants had abandoned the class. I stayed on and it was just 5 of us so we sort of bonded and got to know one another. Our instructor was this hungarian woman that used to work on wall street and was CEO of her own company back in the 80's. She was getting burnt out with her peers and changes in her company so she was considering quitting as she was nearing retirement anyway. Instead, she went on this vision quest' like trip to try to get in touch with her inner self. They went out to a canyon and were separated and left there alone for 3 days with no food or water. This helped her purge her mind and heart of alot of built up crap and apparently really changed her. When she came back she quit and somehow got introduced to the Silva Method and decided to learn how to teach it to others.

Alright, enough history..what did we do in the class? We were taught to stare up at a 75 degree angle until our eyes got tired and then close your eyes and count down in your head from 10 to 1 and focus on your breathing to relax your body on the way down. When you were down to 1 supposedly you were 'at level' or in an alpha state. At first I felt that this wasn't working and I was just pretending but we did this exercise atleast 20 times over the next 2 days and shortened the countdown from 3 to 1 ..to the point where you did feel like you were achieving the same level of relaxation very quickly. While at level you could do mental exercises..mostly using alot of imagery.. where you'd do things like imagine you were inside your house and facing a wall and then project yourself INSIDE the wall and imagine what it was like in there.. feel it , taste, it smell..all that. Make yourself bigger or smaller to get 'into' things. Inanimate objects, then living objects like your pet or something..eventually project yourself into other people and try to diagnose if anything was wrong with them or looked wrong with their organs. Again, most of this felt like an exercise in conscious mental imagery.

But at the very end we did a pyschic exercise where we paired up and had to diagnose something wrong in two people that you knew nothing about whom the other person knew. It felt like stream of consciousness where you just say whatever comes into your mind about the person's friend..and they write down notes while you talk. At the end they tell you if you were right on about anything. The crazy thing was that I felt like I was making it all up but I was dead right on some things that I don't think could have been a coincidence. As an example I was imagining what it was like to be in this person that I knew nothing about and I described what she looked like to a T, short dark hair and glasses and slightly pudgy.. I thought I was making it up but afterwards I found out this was exactly right. I started at the woman's head and sort of 'scanned down' internally and when I got to her throat all I saw was the color red in my mind's eye and I couldn't get past the throat so I just kept saying there was something wrong in her neck or throat.. as it turned out she had had cancer there about 10 years ago and had tumors removed. Just stuff like that.. The woman I was doing this with did not give me any verbal clues during all of this and I had my eyes closed as I was supposedly relaxed and meditating..only at the end did she tell me all the things I 'guessed' right. So there is something to it. I guess when you go to level you are sort of tapping into the universal unconscious or something and it does indeed help with your intuitions and pyschic abilities.

Do I still meditate every day? No, because I also tend to fall asleep the minute I sit down and start to relax! However, the times I do focus and do a meditation..I have had some interesting sensations of feeling like I"m traveling forward and backward through space. Sometimes I use the time to pray and think good thoughts towards my friends and family. Other times I've worked on trying to makes myself well if I am sick. Just like in the 'Superman Experiment' story..while you are at level you can set up your own 'laboratory' where you can go if you are sick and you can put people who are your guides there to ask questions of if you need advise or help. Sometimes I'll go there and try to visualize white light around organs and these sorts of things to strengthen organs and weak areas in my body. It certainly has not done me any harm and in fact I believe it does help your immune system and can help you get better faster.

Another interesting thing to note is that when I meditate and think about people..these people tend to contact me within the week and alot of them keep telling me they are having dreams with me in it or about me. I chalk this up to the meditation establishing a connection with them, just like when you think about someone you haven't seen in awhile and they call you up a day later...its almost a way of learning to control these sort of mental projections and it seems to work. I would like to take the next level class at some point. Just my two cents

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
there is actually going to be a live webcast about the Silva Method tomorrow in case anyone is interested:

www.upvery.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The Silva Method is simply a series of well-woven together hypnosis scripts that end up teaching people how to use self hypnosis for changing body states and making life changes. It is effective only because hypnosis is effective. It is global only because it has a good story behind it and they do not tell their students the truth. I was under their spell until I found out the truth and...

Many teachers and students have left the teachings because of the current president who is kicking people out and has shifted the attention away from helping students to selling products. There are no studies of the method newer than the 1970s, their heyday. And they do not have any interest in new studies. Once the founder Jose Silva died the family has just been trying to live off his legacy.

It still has its rewards but people have evolved since the 60s and the concepts seem commonplace now.

join