It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts are annoying, and interesting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hey everyone, ive been reading these boards for a few weeks, i just signed up as a member, some of the things posted here make sense to me, some dont, and alot of it is very interesting. I myself have had quite a number of strange things happen to me over the course of my life, some of which I have tried to explore or explain, and some of which I have kind of put on the back burner till recently.

I understand the disdain for extremely lengthy posts, so I will start from the begining chronlogically, and try and give you all an idea of my experiences with multiple posts.

I will start first, with my childhood experiences :

First a little background :
I grew up here in canada, i have a younger brother, and an even younger sister, and my mother and father have stayed together the whole time (amazing for us north americans hah)

I grew up in an old house, after my parents purchased it from the last living remnants of the previous owners who were 1 brother, and 4 sisters, (one of the sisters was still alive at the time). They supposedly never had any kids, and left all their possessions to a particular priest at a nearby church. (And just so you know, I know the lawyer who organized it, and I can get his name, and my dad says he doesnt work at that church anymore)

Anyways. The very first day we walked into the house, my brother was still a little baby, my sister hadnt been born yet, and i was a little kid myself. My dad and I went in to look around his house, and i went to go see upstairs right? And i stood at the base of the stairs looking up, and at the top was a short red haired kid standing behind the railing looking down at me. I yelled "hello" he ran off, made no sound (Which at this point i didnt think was abnormal). So i tell my dad someone is here, he says oh it must be one of the neighboorhood kids. so im like ok im going to go find him. I go upstairs, and looked around didnt find him.

Fast forwards a few weeks, we are living in the house, and my mom gets me to go clean the stairs. I walk up the steps and as i reach the L shaped curve just before going up a few more steps to the very top, I feel pressure on my hest as if two hands are pushing me, and I fall backwards down the stairs tumbling in a heap at the bottom, luckily I was not hurt, my mom says i was clumsy, but that was the only time in my life ive ever fallen down the stairs and i was leaning FORWARDS when i felt the push.

From that point on random stuff started happening, which to this day my parents cant explain. Waking up to the feeling of my sheets and blankets being pulled off, or my pillow missing when i wake up only to find it under my bed in a position that would not have resulted from shifting around and dropping the pillow on the ground. Or the most annoying ones, light switches being flicked on and off, or toys being buried in the front lawn (taken from a high shelf in a closet). OR the most annoying, the opening of my closet door, while my room door was locked, eventually i started leaving the closet door locked, that solved the buried toy problem.

On the other hand, my brother had a wider range of experiences, he would come out his room in the middle of the night and sleep in my room, or my parents room, because the red haired boy was sitting in his room watching him sleep, and he couldnt stand it. or hed wake up and his windows would be open and his heater turned off (this happened to me a few times). He was in the habit of locking his room door as well. These are old fashioned locked where if you leave the key in the lock theres no way to pick it from the outside physically.

every so often, wed swap rooms and id sleep in his room, and hed sleep in mine, id be sleeping and then id feel someone shake me and wake up and see nothing, then go back to sleep and feel a cold wind come into the room, and go close the windows. etc

One funny part of all this is, that we were renovating the house slowly throughout the whole time we lived there, so the window thing stopped happening when we changed from old style pulley / up/down type windows to modern turn crank open/close type windows, i guess that "kid" couldnt figure out the new kind of window.

Through all the time that i did live with my family in that house, we had pets of various kinds, lots of fish, and the occasional cat. When i say occasional cat, i mean just that, beacuse none of them lasted long, wed bring the cat into the house, and it would run around like someone was chasing it with a cattle prod, or they would hide in dark places and just hide, or try and stick around people and hide if people werent around.. The very last cat my parents had before they moved out of that house, was the only cat that didnt totally freak out in that house. It would do weird thigns however, it would suddenly wake up from a nap and track things with its head/eyes, as if something was passing. then go back to sleep.

I have a bunch of answers to questions you might ask, i will compile them and make another post in reply to this one, as im not even finished the part about that house ;o

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ok so a few things about that house :

My brother and i got used to the disturbances and tried to learn to ignore them, they were really annoying, and for whatever reason since we experienced it so much we assumed it was like any other annoyance, somethign to get rid of, or ignore

Even during high school, id be sleeping or napping in the afternoon, and id be woken up by the feeling of something crawling onto the bed and sitting on me, and the pillow thing kept happening.

My sister claims she doesnt remember anything weird happening, because she was too young to remember. My parents however admit they dont know what was going on and if I were to try and find that priest who knew the family that lived there before us, they would be very interested to know more.

I dont really care if other people believe me because the veracity of it is there for me.. one time i was in my brothers room with him and the room got really cold, we turned and saw the red haired kid right there at his door, then the kid ran out making no sounds at all, and my dad walked right in moments after, and my brother asked who that boy was and my dad said, i didnt see any boy there. So if my brother voiced the fact that he saw somethign that i saw without me saying anything, in my mind it know it should be real right?

Maybe its that particuar location, or the house, or something, because many years after all of that, (1.5 years ago) just before my parents moved out, my brother visited them for xmas and stayed in my sisters old room, and couldnt fall asleep, because an apparition of some woman kept slapping his feet and waking him up. The next day we were hanging out, and he explained it to me, and described her in detail, and i told him, hey thats the exact description of a certain neighboor who used to give us candies and little baloons when we were kids, and was always helping our family out when we were on vacation etc and watching over the house... (an old woman). After i told my brother that he felt kind of sad becuase he was telling her off each time she woke him up till she finally left him alone, that is almot funny, and sad at the same time. Kind of a strange result of spending years being attuned to this sort of thing, and finding it annoying, rather than intersting or important.

Anyways, onto my recent interest in all of this. after my brothers story I thought hey, I should really start looking into this sort of thing right. So I read books, messageboards, and talk with people, passively learning whatever I can. I will find that priest someday and ask him about the house... (he was in his 20s when we got the house, so he should be around).

My next post will detail some of the technical aspects of what ive experienced, and maybe qualitative aspects. After that I will detail a semi recent (2 years ago) experience I had that I am still trying to sort out.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Everytime I was in the vincinity of one of the occurences I woul feel cold, over time this developed into a different feeling. If you know the feeling of "someone staring at the back of your head" it is somewhat like that, but different, the first few times youll just feel cold, because your mind is trying to figure out what it is sensing, eventually youll be able to pick it out.

Also another thing I tried was imagining I was a source of light and energy and everytime one of these thihngs happened, i would try and focus on it and make it go away, it started working when i was awake, but I would still wake up with the lights on, or my pillow yanked out of under my head and placed under my bed in a place that would require some effort to get there. I never talked with anyone but my parents and brother about it, until 2 years ago.

Also I dont know if this is a result of being able to pick out when "ghosts" (whatever you want to call them) are nearby. I can tell if someone living is nearby, and who it is, if i know them well, and I have one friend who i believe is psychicly connected to me somehow, WE know almost everytime before one of us calls the other, we dont talk for weeks at a time then suddenly i pick up the phone and dial his number but he had just called me and the phone hadnt even rung yet and hes on the line.. this has happened so much that neither of us think its strange.

And also one more thing, everytime something bad happens to me, say I get fired, or im really sick, my dad calls me asking me if im ok the morning after, everytime. He will say he had a dream of me falling and couldnt dream of anything else. (He says he doesnt remember his dreams.)

Oh, and one more thing, my parents still own the haunted house, but they are renting it out to someone, shes due to move out in a year? (ill ask my parents later) i believe, before she leaves i will interview her and see if shes noticed anything strange.

Anyways that covers most of it. I can answer questions and stuff if you want

ill start a new thread for my next post because it is on something slightly different, and ongoing, and im trying to research what I can on my own for it.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you are thinking of communication with these entities through Ouija or EVP I strongly advise that you don't. Bad things can happen.

Also, when you're traveling through your house, do you happen to notice any cold spots?

You might want to do this as well, walk through every doorway in your house. If the room you feel the the sensation you are walking through a spiderweb, post back.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
majestic is right some pritty bad stuff can happen from using a ouija bord and imagine if u try EVP and you hear a voice saying like "get the hell out of my house" or "your next" or something

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
well i didnt specifically mention it but, i moved out of there a long time ago
my parents lived there until a year an half ago however. and i go there sometimes to help feed the cats of the woman who is living there (she goes on vacation from time to time)

As far as ouija boards, my brother and i discussed it years ago and decided we wanted to try it but not until weve done alot of research and preparation first, to this date we havent attempted any communication other than verbally telling them off during some of the more annoying occurences.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Majestic12:

The last 3 times i was there i only went in the back entrance and waited for the girl who was feeding the cats,

But now that i think of it, all those years i lived there, I felt something like a spider web maybe walking into the house, and walking into my own room.

I feel that when i walk into my apartment building and when I walk into my apartment, here where i live now.

As for cold spots, well that feeling i talked about where something is watching you or nearby? that feeling is persistant in that house no matter where you are, even in the new parts that werent there before. Is that what you meant?

That is are interesting questions, what do they mean? Have these locations been marked somehow?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
By telling them off you mean actually cursing at them?

Instead of doing that just command them in a loud voice to stop. I can probably pull up a few banishment rituals for you to

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
well we did that most of the time (telling them to stop, only later did we reallllllly get pissed and start telling them off hah.), The only disturbances from them that ive experienced are localized to that house, so no point in doing any banishing or warding, im curious to see if the tenant has experienced anything, I will ask her on the day shes packing her stuff to leave in a year or so from now. My parents asked me not to bother her about it till then, and i respect that. hahaha.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davood
Majestic12:

The last 3 times i was there i only went in the back entrance and waited for the girl who was feeding the cats,

But now that i think of it, all those years i lived there, I felt something like a spider web maybe walking into the house, and walking into my own room.

I feel that when i walk into my apartment building and when I walk into my apartment, here where i live now.

As for cold spots, well that feeling i talked about where something is watching you or nearby? that feeling is persistant in that house no matter where you are, even in the new parts that werent there before. Is that what you meant?

That is are interesting questions, what do they mean? Have these locations been marked somehow?

From my research the "spider web" feeling is actually an indication that the room is haunted. By coldspots: this is a specific location in a room of your house that has some sort of parnormal significance. It's an area of heavy physcic energy.

"Cold spots are small self-contained air pockets that feel colder than the ambient temperature, they have been recorded between 10-40 degrees lower than the ambient air. They are usually found in the location at the approximate time of a manifestation. Witnesses frequently describe cold spots, or relate that they felt a chill upon entering the area (of a manifestation). It is theorized that these cold spots are the result of the manifestation using the heat energy of the surrounding air as fuel."

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well then the answer to the cold spot question is yes, definately I always assumed it was poor house design and some wind from outside.

Occasionally my room would get reallly cold on some nights, even in the summer, and the heater on full.

Now I am somewhat curious, what method would you suggest my brother and I use to communicate with the entities there? if we wanted to?

There seems to be alot of stigma against ouija boards.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It's not really recommended. If you try to communicate through any medium then you could possibly bring in more dangerous spirits into your home. After all there are some violent entities out there, and any of them could be posing as the one in your house.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
well then the only safe alternative then is to find the priest who they gave all their stuff to and ask him if he can shed some insight into the matter.
everyone else in that neighboorhood has been there for less time than my parents have owned that house, so there is no one to ask. And I wasnt really interested to find all this out when i was a kid, i just wanted it to stop, so i adapated to it and ignored it as best i could, hah.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yeah, maybe the preacher can help you out a bit

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
or do the EVP thing, Leave a taperecorder on in your house in spots you feel that are haunted, maby ask questions, you might hear something

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I cant do the evp thing till the tenant is out of there,

and yes we used to hear things occasionally, usually wed hear our names being called, wed think its our parents and go to them and they would say no we didnt call you.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Sounds like the real deal to me. I lived in a haunted house for 14 years of my life. My cat wouldn't freak out but she did wake up and look at things from time to time. My parents cat on the other hand, she would crawl under the crawlspace in the basement and yowl all day, til she died. I think my bedroom was an activity hot spot because it was always cold. I would always lose things too. I'd find them in the craziest of places. One time i lost a game for my atari and i had no idea where it was. I found the game about 8 months later. It was placed inside the grandfather clock we had. I When the house burnt down, I really didn't get the level of activity it once had. It makes me wonder if ghosts are limited to the space where their occurance was.

-Aza

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
www.fims.uwo.ca...

Darryll Walsh (article is not really relevant) was in the Citizen newspaper like 7 years back, he has done some intersting research, he says that there are 3 kinds of disturbances :

1. some kind of electromagnetic resonance causing hallucinations, in a place of long term electrical activity well above normal amounts. like a computer lab or power plant.

2. an "echo" of life, of something that happened in a place many many times over a long period of time, like people seeing soldiers marching, etc

3. the unexplained and semi/fully reactive phenomenon that we are all so interested in.

in cases 2 and 3, you can remove the phenomenon by changing the environment he claims, and for the most part same thing in the first one, but thers no point as long as you understand the situation,

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I strongly disagree with the use of EVP. Either a violent entity will follow you or it will lurk in the house waiting for new tenants to hurt. I know the odds of an agressive spirit actually comming in contact with you are small, but they ware still against you. And you really can't afford to take any risks.

My grandfather died about two years ago and the room that he passed in has been untouched. As soon as I walked into the room it suddenly felt very...stuffy. Like the air was tight. I can't really describe the feeling but it was an eerie one.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well apparently my parents want to sell the house after the current tenant leaves :~( so i am going to try SOMETHING after she leaves and before someone else moves in, ill setup some sound recording stuff there and leave it for a week, ive been reading up on EVP, it looks really easy to setup, i will try and get a webcam setup too, ill post anything i come up with. BUT!.. dont hold your breath though, because it is going to be in a year from now, i cant do any of that stuff till then.

one thing id like to mention
the current tenant has setup a really extravagant video surveillance system in and around the house, i will be interviewing her hopefully before she packs up and leaves next year, and maybe she will have a story to tell and maybe soime footage i can grab. who knows !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join