It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you conject the USA will stand in 10 years?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJustice

-Internet activity will be monitored much more closely in the U.S.

That has already begun, although I agree, it will get worse.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sex between two consenting adults will not be frowned upon, even if those adults are of the same sex.

There will be no such thing as a hate crime.

Ignorance will pave way to tolerance.

There will no longer be any prejudice based upon race, sex, religion, ethnicity, or sexual preference.

Extreme religious viewpoints will become moot as the world (including the US) realises that there's no such thing as "only one True way".

Abortion rates will fall drastically as education and tolerance become the "new" contraceptives.

Ok, waking up, smelling the coffee.

I can dream, can't I?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
First female VP, the US will have its first wave of high supersonic long range fighters with capabilities greater than the F-22, Puerto Rico 51st US state, Star Wars Episode VII will be released.

AT war with France, several former Soviet bloc countries, we will officially own half of Europe, SA, and parts of China. We will all learn the truth on what a joke the idea of cold fussion was.

First manned mission to Mars.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Puerto Rico 51st US state,

That would ruin the flag, 51 stars would not look as neat and pretty as a round figure like 50 does. But I do hope Episode VII, VIII, and IX get released.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Hmmm...makes me wonder.

Who would win? Condolleeza or Hillary?

That'd be an interesting election, for sure.

(apologies in advance if I'm going too far off topic with this).

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

this is a good read

Is it too set to decline? It may seem like a ludicrous question.

Most commentators I have spoken to believe that, in the short-term at least, US power will actually grow.

But economist Will Hutton told me of what he calls "the dark underside of the United States economy" - the condition of its international accounts.

Put bluntly it owes the rest of the world $3trn dollars, and that is debt which is increasing by $500bn a year.

Mr Hutton makes a persuasive case that America's current strength is built on other peoples' money and he fears that the US economic bubble will eventually burst.

"People simply aren't going to carry on lending America billions and billions of dollars and America's not going to carry on borrowing it," he told me.

In his view America's economic strength is "built on sand".

[edit on 4-7-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
If the US economy goes down the global economy goes down so those nations would be screwing themselves if they do anything to crash our economy.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
If the US economy goes down the global economy goes down so those nations would be screwing themselves if they do anything to crash our economy.

what makes you think that the world would not survive without the US
or all the sudden does everything have to revolve around the US?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well the territorial integrity of the US has been sold out to Latin American Ilegals for the benefit of fattening the profit margin of US corps that hire them and treat them like dirt.

This is the thing happening at the rate of a Million illegals simply walking across a virtually unguarded border every year.

Government corruption will become totally entrenched,
We will become a resource exporting nation like many 3rd World nations are,
Lawlessness will become even more common and law enforcement will become the same joke it is in Mexico,

Oops! . . . Wait a minute, . . much of this is already true.

What scares me the most? I don't speak Spanish and am kinda old to learn it.

We are going to turn into a band of total criminals,
No honor, No integrity, No attempt at Justice,

Just animals. Total and complete corruption.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'd say that people will be pitching their cataclysmal predictions of how America will be in the year 2025. People will say they are cornered and that they must FIGHT THE SYSTEM, whatever the hell THE SYSTEM is, haha. Our president won't be good enough, the NWO will still be in the shadows waiting, and UFO hoaxes will keep on keepin on. I wonder if Reptilians will have been exposed by then?

Come on guys, no one really knows or even has a place guessing where we might be 10 years from now or anything like that.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
I'd say that people will be pitching their cataclysmal predictions of how America will be in the year 2025. People will say they are cornered and that they must FIGHT THE SYSTEM, whatever the hell THE SYSTEM is, haha. Our president won't be good enough, the NWO will still be in the shadows waiting, and UFO hoaxes will keep on keepin on. I wonder if Reptilians will have been exposed by then?

Come on guys, no one really knows or even has a place guessing where we might be 10 years from now or anything like that.

No one said anyone "knew" exactly where we'd be in 10 years. (except for WheretoHide2006, because he believes in the whole John Titor crap) it's just a guess.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
10 years into the future could bring almost anything you can or cannot imagine. As an example, lets look ten years into the past.

In 1995 I was prospecting for gold in the mountains of Georgia. I had never owned a computer and even if I had wouldn't have been able to operate it. If you went online you were charged $3.99 an hour and there really wasn't anywhere to go anyway. Ten years ago my Uncle Bill was living in Montana and waiting to flee across the border into Canada when the end of the US arrived. He's still sitting on the border of Canada waiting for the end to arrive. His future is easy to predict, ten years from now he'll still be sitting on the border with Canada.

I couldn't imagine how my life would change in the last ten years, all I can say is most of the changes have been positive and i see no reason why they won't continue to be positive.

Ten years from now, instead of typing words into a forum we'll all probably be sitting in a virtual chatroom looking at one another and talking about how the world is sure to end before 2025.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think that in 10 years there will be an Oil crisis. Oil will be way too expensive for the average american, and we will have to switch to another fuel. I think that the economy will loose money, and there will be a kind of depression. Also, a super volcano will probobly eurupt, altering the weather. And on top of all of that, there will probobly another so-called terrorist attack, which will start a greater, maybe nuclear war. But I think after that, the world will become more spuritual and get much closer, and care more about each other, more than money.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
did you know 1 outta every five americans now speak spanish! HAHAHHA your country is screwed!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It took the UK 30 odd years to sort out the IRA. I cant see it taking much less for the US to sort out AL quaida and the likes.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uk_United
did you know 1 outta every five americans now speak spanish! HAHAHHA your country is screwed!!!!

That's very intelligent! How many languages do you speak?

I conject (but it feels more like I am opining) that the US will stand on the same continental plate, with roughly the same land mass, +/- California.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join