It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie: From Hell, Jack The Ripper & Freemasonry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Prince Eddy was as we know a leading Bisexual and a Romancer and a frequent user of Brothels, this got him into no end of trouble with his peers and Watchers.

He also contracted Syphilis due to his Roguish Ways.

The premise that he could have got Mary the Irish Catholic Woman pregnant runs very high on the alt.history theme. I am of course reffering to Mary the Irsh Catholic who gets murdered by the Ripper.

William Gull was a leading Freemason - true.

It was Stephen Knight amongst others who helped publicise this. Through the Chinese Whispers of the Sickerts, you know the Walter Sickert connection, that is the Artist and Painter. He was a great socialite with Eddy and would hang about with him.

Ripperology has lists and lists of suspects, but the Royal influenced Ripper, really must intimidate the Royal Family.

Hmm killers who don't get caught, I bet you lot are familliar with the Zodiac Killer of America, the one that "Dirty Harry" was based on.

It holds alot of weight for me, this theory that it was a cover up for a Royal having an illegitamate child out of wedlock especially with an Irish Catholic, which at the time seemed an Ultimate Taboo for a Protestant and highly Anti-Catholic Royal and Backward Family.

I read the comic beforehand & without a doubt the comic is far better than the film. It strands Freemasonry, Occult, Elephant Man (archetyped as a "Ganesh" the Hindu God not unlike Mercury, the God of Scribes and Destroying All Obstacles), Corrupt Police, etc together into a stew pot of corruption and postulated conspiracies.

Good, Alan Moore hates the film I believe.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am not familar with the Zodiac Killer. At any rate, this one (Ripper case) plays in to my package of thought of the ultimate political tool: distraction. By sensationalizing the murders - incredibly horrific - it takes precednece over some other interesting facts and coincidences that revolve around this case.

From the movie we have the barebones:

-Prince Eddy screwed a whore and impregnated her
-4 closely related whores were murdered all within a short time frame
-Mary Kelly?, one of the whores, was going to tell all about the marriage and pregnancy, as she beared witness to the wedlock
-The police chief was a Freemason and retired after the last murder
-The precision of the murders is trademark of a doctor
-The Queen's doctor was a Freemason
-The peculiar erasing of the "Juwes" graffiti at one of the crime scenes. Juwes is implicated as being associated with Freemasonary.

One explanation for the murders as is a common one, is that the Royal Family ordered the murders and her doctor, or someone closely related, orchestrated the murders to shut those girls up.

Whatever really happened, it is difficult to sluff this off as mere senseless violence, although, that is a possible explanation as well.

It is also hard to believe that the London Police couldn't narrow their list of suspects.

And about the killer. His precision, his use of luring tools like a blend of Abscense and a lock of grapes: those things, from the movie, were expensive treats, and I am sure they were. Thus, the implication is that the murderer was at least established and not a poor bum. But the beauty of this case for those involved is, we can all lean back on, "Hey, pimps killed her." However, the latter, in light of the connection Prince Eddy had with them, necessarily leads to a more sinister plot.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by Guy Kawasaki]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Kawasaki
From the movie we have the barebones:

Most of the "facts" you just mentioned, from the movie, are not factual at all. In reality, the movie makes no sense and has no real authenticity when dealing with theories of the actual murders.

You can read all about it at www.casebook.org...
There is plenty of factual information on the murders there, and you can read all about the most popular theories and suspects, and also read about the more outrageous theories that have been put forward.

You can also compare the theory from the movie to real life facts known about the case.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sebatwerk:

Yes, I am aware of where to find information about the Ripper case, as I am sure most are. What are some major discrepencies between between the movie (movie facts) and reality (actual facts)? Because you haven't said anything really.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If you investigate into the Ripperology it goes on no end and no end ad infinitum. The list of possible Suspects is nigh up to Heaven in a Babel sense.

I for one would like to think that the Royal theory perhaps stands out as one of the most novel and plausible ones. It's like the British JFK.

This a conspiracy thesis as opposed to the Lone Wolve thesis. Some of the other ones seem like lame ducks. Especially the one about the Ripper who was supposed to hail from Liverpool.

"From Hell," indeed yes, is a work of fiction based on some inconsistences.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
as I recall this theme was first addressed, or at least one of the first ,
to address it was Steven Knight at least 30 years ago. Knight was another
anti-masonic raving loony-tick of the ilk of some here whom I will not
mention lest it be considered by other invertibrates as threatining.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Stalkingwolf:

Knight was an "anti-masonic..." Why? How? Evidence?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Knight was an "anti-masonic..." Why? How? Evidence

I think anyone that has read his book the Brotherhood would realize that it is some what self evident that Knight had a dim veiw of Freemasons

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
From what I know of Stephen Knight he was an Asian journalist, researcher and author. True alot of his ideas seem out there, I don't know that much else about him.

The Memes that matter and glitter that well are the Royal Smear. It works well. As an ex-anarcho they mean something to me. He just put a "Spin" on an area that has got around for along time.

I think a Sherlock Holmes film may have touched some what on this angle, and I'm not sure if Sir Arthur Conan Doyle may have based a story on it, or whether it was a script writer who produced it.

Has anyone dug deep into the Sickert allegations? Is it a Hoax?

I prefer this angle to all other angles, part entertainment and part borderlands where truth and false hoods and delusion and illusion all go bump in the cold foggy streets of Whitechapel.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think a Sherlock Holmes film may have touched some what on this angle, and I'm not sure if Sir Arthur Conan Doyle may have based a story on it, or whether it was a script writer who produced it.

again as i recall this movie was loosely based on Knights version of the
story, with some other of the theories mixed in. Doyle had nothing to
do with this one.

There Is one Holmes story that delves into the Ripper murders but I
dont remember right now the Title or even if it was from Doyles writings
or one of the later collections like Sherlock Holmes of Baker St., I would have to look.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am sure the freemason refrences are due to the person interests of the writter:

Fun Fact:
Alan Moore, acclaimed writer of From Hell, Watchmen, V for Vendetta and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, converted to Gnosticism in the late 1990s. His work, like that of the Gnostics, demonstrates a keen interest with the often-ambivalent relationship between subject and reality, consciousness (especially altered and enlightened states of consciousness) and revolt against constrictive systems of control. In Watchmen, one character who hatches a monstrous plot to save the world might be said to be subscribe to Gnosticism much as Voegelin describes the phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have a question about the movie, I saw it and loved it but anyways, I dont understand what they did to the Jack the Ripper guy (i forgot his name). They like sliced his temple or something like that and he was like shaved bald and all and sitting in that cell, what I dont understand is what did they do to him like to make him like that, it looked like he like had a mental breakdown or something.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
They like sliced his temple or something like that and he was like shaved bald and all and sitting in that cell, what I dont understand is what did they do to him like to make him like that, it looked like he like had a mental breakdown or something.

Than a frontal lobotomy...

A surgical procedure where the frontal cortex is surgically severed from the rest of the brain, causing marked changes in personality (since it's typically performed on psychiatric patients, this is considered an improvement).

Here is a link:

History of the frontal lobotomy.

As you can see, there was not development of the procedure in England, another, in the long list of glaring errors in the movie.

Trans-Orbital Monkeys, not just for covering up the deed anymore…

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The film Cremaster 3 also paints a similairly sinister feel on Freemasons as shadowy boogeymen. I guess it's a popular theme.

I'm curious what Masons have been convicted of any crimes, besides that famous Ontario lake case from the early 1800's.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What case was the Ontario Lake one?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Kawasaki
What case was the Ontario Lake one?

I think he is referring to The Morgan Affair.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles

What s the first reference to Jesus in Masonic allegory again?

He is referred to as....
You know, actually Masonry focuses on the stone the builders neglected. Umm, so how is that related to the story of Jesus Christ (for interests sake?)

Matthew 21:43

Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: " 'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone ; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes' ?

Jesus was quoting Psalm 118:22, the "Psalm of Ascents," which the people sang as they went up to the Temple at Passover to select a lamb for their families.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join