It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting information on the "Christianity is a copy of Pagan Myths" Theory

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruePatriot1685
It is interesting, on one hand there are definite similarities between the Christian and some Pagan religions. Easter and Christmas are both close to the vernal equinox and winter solstice. Elohim, an Old Testament name for God, is actually the plural form of eloah. One could argue that it means the Trinity, but the Trinity itself is strange as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are called one God. The word said at the end of Christian prayers, Amen, is also the name of an important ancient Egyptian god. The differences obviously monotheistic v. polytheistic, also the almost deliberate switch between matriarchal and patriarchal systems. I think pagan religions came first.

It is also interesting that in ancient Canaan 'El' was the Father of many 'sons of god. No Temples were built for El...but for the sons of God. To me it seems that we can see much borrowing of many beliefs from the lands the Jewish people traveled through. The many gods were formed into one mighty god. Many of the beliefs in that land already had 'trinities'. The creatures with 4 heads of the 4 carnal points in the sky were not original to the Judaic faith. Many of the days that were celebrated are the same days new beliefs celebrated but placed new meaning with them. The idea of a 'god' claiming a people and a nation was not new in those days.

If so many of the practices, traditions, and structure of beliefs were the same...why would God use the same practices and traditions?

Blood sacrifice was defiantly nothing new....and neither was the idea that God would come in the flesh or take the form of man.

Star prophecies were not new, using stars as signs of a divine birth were not new, there are many ways of the Bible that can be found in former faiths and beliefs.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
I don't know what version of Christianty you learned, but women do have a role in the bible. and it is not as what might be thinking is as equal to or worse then a slave. But much as equal to the mans role, yet differant to seperate the two

typical christian bull#ter crack open ur damn bible and check this # out

Leviticus 27:3-7 God places a dollar value on human life; with women worth less than men
Leviticus 15:19-30 Explains that a woman having her menstruation must be avoided to the point of not even touching what she has touched. It is quite curious that women are punished for simply having a biological function that “God” claims to have created. What is so just about vilifying what you created?
Exodus 21:7 God not only sanctions selling ones daughter into slavery, but he also gives out laws on how it should be done.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

seriously this is a areally good point someone at least comment even to tell me that im wrong or critisize me

come on guys i exist too

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here's a site dealing with the different religions that Christianity is supposed to mimic written by an historian. I found it very informative.

Tektonics.org

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join