It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats calling for impeachment of Bush? About time...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here's the link. It's about time someone started holding this administration accountable.
news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050617/ap_on_go_co/downing_street_memo

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Impeach bush....not gonna happen. nor do i think it should but thats just my opinion. Although...if you are gonna impeach him on anything it should be on his lack of effort to control the massive amount of illegals coming from both of our borders.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Impeach bush....not gonna happen. nor do i think it should but thats just my opinion. Although...if you are gonna impeach him on anything it should be on his lack of effort to control the massive amount of illegals coming from both of our borders.

I actually think he was somewhat justified in going into Iraq because of the air sorties we were continually engaged in and the threat Saddam posed to our aircrews. I think I read we were spending $1 Billion a year on the air sorties alone.

He shouldn't have lied about his reasons, however. There are a few people in Congress he's given reason to go after him with a hatchet, and they will see it as an opportunity. Personally, I think he was planning on going into Iraq from day one, and was happy to use the excuse of September 11.

I think he should be impeached, but that's just because I'm really, really mad at his policies.
And his refusal to listen to the American people when he's flat out wrong.

I also agree that he's been nothing short of irresponsible with regard to border controls.

But I disagree with just about everything he's been doing lately, so....

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW
Here's the link. It's about time someone started holding this administration accountable.
news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050617/ap_on_go_co/downing_street_memo

I just posted on this link: www.abovetopsecret.com... and on a forum I moderate.

I don't think there's any possible way to impeach Bush and all that were responsible for this coverup. How do you impeach/get rid of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield, Rice, Wolfowitz, etal? The Republican's have the majority of the Senate and the House. This is much worse (IMO) than Nixon and Clinton. So many people have died over a coverup.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Impeach him on what? Your mad at some of his policies and you want to impeach him? Well every president in history should have been impeached then. And how is he not listening to the American people? Wasn't he just reelected by the majority of the American people, and get more votes than any other president in history?

In nay situation he’s not getting impeached the House and Senate is controlled by a republican majority. Unless democrats want to loose more seat’s in 06 they better stop detouring and get things done.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
That's an oddly written story. It's a call for a serious investigation into DSM and a White House response, but it just says the word "impeachment" looms large. Uh, only if found guilty. I think the title is just misleading.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This appears to be what that's about (aka things you won't see on the "News").

Several members of Congress with a petition signed by 1 in 500 Americans stopped at the White House gates, refused to be heard by the President.

And not even an acknowledgement by the White House.

Scott, on another topic, has the President or anyone else from the administration responded to the letter sent last month by Congressman John Conyers and signed by dozens of members of the House of Representatives, regarding the Downing Street memo? Has the President or anyone else responded?

MR. McCLELLAN: Not that I'm aware of.

Q Why not?

MR. McCLELLAN: Why not? Because I think that this is an individual who voted against the war in the first place and is simply trying to rehash old debates that have already been addressed. And our focus is not on the past. It's on the future and working to make sure we succeed in Iraq.

These matters have been addressed, Elaine. I think you know that very well. The press --

Q Scott, 88 members of Congress signed that letter.

MR. McCLELLAN: The press -- the press have covered it, as well.

Q What do you say about them?

Q But, Scott, don't they deserve the courtesy of a response back?

MR. McCLELLAN: Again, this has been addressed. Go ahead.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm not a Democrat (I'm a conservative) and I say Bush should be impeached.

He's violated his oath to preserve the Constitution, which is nothing short of treason.

He lied about Iraq. Saddam was no threat. The war was NOT declared by Congress--it HAS to be declared by Congress, and they CANNOT give up that right!

I also believe he was complicit in 9/11.

Doesn't the First Amendment also provide for redress of grievances?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Bush is not going to be impeached. He will serve out his term. Now it is highly probable that the Democrats will when the next election due to the atmosphere here.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
He should be on a hook like all other good facists....or maybe leave behind dental records.........

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well I am still waiting for the day. . . I even joined an "impeach bush.org" but all I get is a whole bunch of advertisement.

So, hum, I wonder what is next.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
How about a class action law suit? That has been in good standing legal tradition. The typical fight of the population Vs the evil Corperations or evil government...

Why doesn't that happen?

Put it to the courts on whether or not Bush knew about it. I'd love to see him have his hand on his bible and then be asked about 9/11. Priceless.

So what about it? Why doesn't someone do that?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Asking Bush to be truthful in Court, before Congress or to any organization or forum of people is fruitless.

He is a member of the "Skull and Bones" and as a bonesman he is loyal only to that group... not G_d, not Jesus, not Israel, not Sara Lee, not the 82nd Street housing council... no loyalty or honesty to anyone except Bonesmen.

Their building at Yale should be destroyed with all of the bonesmen in it.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So if that is the case, aren't they open for impeachment the second they take office? Isn't the president supposed to have loyality soley to the U.S.A?

For all the talk of America being the land of the free and home of the brave, there seems to be a decided weakness in both areas as it relates to the office of the president.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It seems to me Democrats are just trying to do what they couldn't on election day...

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't think you can actually sue the President while in office, please feel free to correct me. And good luck suing the gov't in general. Any impeachment process is a waste of time and money and don't we have better things to do. And let me ask, so if you impeach Bush that leaves you with Cheney. Does that make you feel more warm and cozy? Just hold your breath and wait till the next election.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
I don't think you can actually sue the President while in office, please feel free to correct me. And good luck suing the gov't in general. Any impeachment process is a waste of time and money and don't we have better things to do. And let me ask, so if you impeach Bush that leaves you with Cheney. Does that make you feel more warm and cozy? Just hold your breath and wait till the next election.

If you managed to get Bush, by extention you get the rest of the neocon bozo's. Besides, the funniest thing ever is watching people who try to portray strength and loyalty rat out their buddies when the fire gets close. Not saying Bush wouldn't do that, lord knows when the truth comes calling he always answers.....

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Any impeachment process is a waste of time and money and don't we have better things to do.

No, this war is a waste of time, money and lives. You don't think Bush should be held accountable if it's proven that he misled congress and our country into going to war?

Apparently once you become president of the USA you are above the law.

American values are warped.

[edit on 6/18/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
And if a democrat was President now and in the last term I suspect you think things would be different? At least Bush was reading to children when he got news of 911 vs playing with them as someone like Clinton would have been. (oh did I just say that out loud
).

Whoever was President was going to have to react to 911 and we would have had some type of military action. I have not seen the democrats put there best foot forward either so frankly I think they need to just zip the lips and wait their turn, it is coming and they will rule again. Then lets see how well they do and how much better they think they are in dealing with this world.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

And if a democrat was President now and in the last term I suspect you think things would be different? At least Bush was reading to children when he got news of 911 vs playing with them as someone like Clinton would have been. (oh did I just say that out loud
).

Whoever was President was going to have to react to 911 and we would have had some type of military action. I have not seen the democrats put there best foot forward either so frankly I think they need to just zip the lips and wait their turn, it is coming and they will rule again. Then lets see how well they do and how much better they think they are in dealing with this world.

Not at all, I actually was for the impeachment of the president. He is the f'n president! He can not lie, and if he is found out to lie, as the commander in cheif he should be stripped and hung IMO. What Clinton did was immoral, unethical and just a dirty trick to play on his wife, his family and the American people. It showed a huge lack of character. That said he didn't start an illegal war, he didn't remove America from the world stage(as anything other than the bad guy) and he hasn't taken your country from being a place of liberty and inovation into being what it is today. IMO, a very sad mockery of what your founding fathers seemed to want to create.

What does 911 have to do with Iraq? In afgani everyone was with America. On September 12 America had essentially the entire world with it. Today, it primarily stands alone. It isn't because the world turned Anti US, it is because the US, or at least it's governing body, seems to no longer stand for what it did. Invading a soverign nation like Iraq with, at best, flimsy evidense, ignoring what historically your allies were saying, ignoring the world community all the while flounting some sense of superiority while breaking all the rules and values free society has tried so hard to maintain - will never win you any friends.

See, you will never be able to see it the way I see it as I don't care which politician is in or out or how well they do. IMO, the very nature of government is an afront to human life. Humans don't wage war - governments do. You see one side and are used to arguing with people that see the other side. I may not see either side as well as you do your's, or the another person see's his/hers, but I see enough to know that Bush has done somethings that IMO he should be hung for treason and given to your enemies as a warning that if you do that to your president, imagine what you'll do to them if they bother you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join