It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu = Government Opportunity for Absolute Power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've been watching the bird flu thing for a while. Scientists at this point genuinely don't know which way it will go. Will a less virulent version spread among humans and have a small global impact, or will a highly virulent version cause global devastation beyond anything we've ever seen before? Scientists don't know which way this virus is going to turn, or even whether it will turn pandemic at all (although most experts predict it's highly likely it will).

So, I've been watching this thing and thinking about what I need to do to prepare and get through whatever happens. I've been buying some extra supplies, thinking about what I might need in a quarantine, and all that stuff. After all, even if it never happens, I still need groceries, so the extra I buy will be used. Right?

But what I've been thinking is that the government has a whole lot of power in that kind of emergency. Thinking of Bush and Co with that power makes me nervous. They'd be just the type to exercise the government's power to come into my home and seize all my supplies I'm carefully collecting for myself and any family members who might need help. I can envision Bush and Co totally failing to prepare for this thing, then it hits, and ol' George gets HIS vaccine out of the paltry 3 million doses and waits it out down in the bunker while the country goes crazy with pandemic. I won't hold my breath at the thought that he might actually show some leadership in that kind of crisis. And I know beyond doubt that he won't be doing anything that creates risk to himself or his cronies. The thought that the government might take everything from me to feed those useless things in Washington burns me.

My personal plan in that event is scorched earth - I may not be allowed to keep my supplies, but the government won't get them either, if I have to burn them to the ground myself to keep them out of their hands. I trust myself to help out my neighbor with any extra a whole lot more than I trust the government. Especially THIS government.

My next concern is that an all out bird flu pandemic would present a nearly irrestible opportunity for the government to take total control and never give it back. It's the classic Palpatine manuever. They've already proven they have no respect for the Constitution or for the American public themselves. I just can't see Bush and Co passing that kind of opportunity by. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Uh, you see it as "Bush and Co.?" LOL! Man, the ones who control "Bush and Co." love people like you!
I guess you have no clue that the Patriot Act was conceived during the Clinton adminstration, but there was just no good reason to enact it. Oh, the Clintons tried to flame national discord, but they just couldn't get a Christian nation to hate itself.
Now, with another administration, those in control of those in power, are using the Bush administration in a better way; a more effective way.

As far as the Bird Flu potential, researching the powers of FEMA will help you understand what can be done to the American people in the event of a pandemic, or any other national emergency.

Like you, it is my intentions to prepare for this coming flu season, so that my elderly parents will not have to leave the house for supplies, other than their medicines.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong - I'm not in any way implying that government corruption is limited to Bush and Co. However, since they are the ones currently in power, it's their deal as to what the government will do in response to a pandemic. What irks me is knowing they'll sit on their posterior while this thing builds and builds, then turn around and try to fix it at the last minute by taking everything from anyone who managed to prepare.

Knowing Americans as I do, I think FEMA might have their hands full trying to implement the worst of their abusive power. Much simpler for them to leave matters in our hands and enjoin our assistance - but they'll probably shoot first and think later.

I'm typically a very patriotic, loyal American - under normal circumstances, I give my government the benefit of the doubt and figure that for the most part what they do is in our best interests. But there's something about this administration that really sets off my paranoia bells, if you know what I mean. No matter how hard I try, I just can't trust them.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There is no reason to trust them anby less than you would any other administration. This one is no less trustworthy than the last one. They can do nothing more than what they are directed to do. If they attempt to alert the citizenry to anything that hinder the powers that control the administrations, they'll get notification of termination, as Kennedy and Reagan did. Reagan was fortunate enough to survive his pink slip, but he backed off of the idea of revealing the IRS scam.

I've long since gotten over my general belief that the government should be given the benefit of the doubt. Every once in a while I'll begrudgingly give it to them, but I never totally trust them.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So, who do you think is behind the government?

I guess my suspicion of this gov't goes all the way back to Texas when W first started to run for office. Something was not quite right in party operations, if you know what I mean. Scared me enough to decline working for 'em.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Root around in the NWO threads for a while, or look in a couple threads in this thread. There are also a couple threads in this forum that kind of covers it, too.

In a nutshell? The MeglaElite, old money families and the big banks.
The majority of them coming from Europe, the ones in the U.S. having European roots.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
A couple new articles on the Bird Flu:

www.etaiwannews.com...

Another link to the CDC, and it contains this paragraph:

"So far, spread of H5N1 virus from person to person has been rare and spread has not continued beyond one person. However, because all influenza viruses have the ability to change, scientists are concerned that the H5N1 virus could one day be able to infect humans and spread easily from one person to another. Because these viruses do not commonly infect humans, there is little or no immune protection against them in the human population. If the H5N1 virus were able to infect people and spread easily from person to person, an “influenza pandemic” (worldwide outbreak of disease) could begin. No one can predict when a pandemic might occur. However, experts from around the world are watching the H5N1 situation in Asia very closely and are preparing for the possibility that the virus may begin to spread more easily and widely from person to person."

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

However, experts from around the world are watching the H5N1 situation in Asia very closely and are preparing for the possibility that the virus may begin to spread more easily and widely from person to person."

What they don't say is that current death rates are at 50%. Since 1918 was 2-3% death rates, having bird flu get out at current kill rates would be catastrophic beyond anything we've ever seen. Maybe even worse than the black plague outbreaks in Europe.

I've been reading Daniel Defoe's 'The Plague Year'. Interesting stuff for anyone watching for a looming pandemic.

I still say the shaking government person on TV was what gave me the heads up that bird flu was bad news. Too bad no one is actually DOING anything about it, beyond a bare minimum.

I doubt we can count on a vaccine for quite some time, which is another concern.

Who knows what the world will look like during a pandemic of that magnatude, or what it will look like when it's over! Too many opportunists looking for their moment to move, if you ask me. Not just here, but everywhere.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Just imagine, mass inoculatuions, implants into everybody, using Nano technology! NICE!!!

Illuminati will be rubbing their hands with glee!!!...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Illuminati will be rubbing their hands with glee!!!...

OK, that's it. All medical treatment will be withheld from the illuminati. The illuminati will be the first to be infected and die ... To receive treatment, you shall present your 'illuminati free' Real ID card to the gentleman with the triangle burned in his forehead. He will decide the truth of your claim, AND your eligibility for treatment. Cough cough.

LOL.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
In reference to a vaccine, Wing, read the first link I posted.
Here it is again:
www.etaiwannews.com...

top topics

join