It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Thread? Mods please read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
An idea popped into my mind. Figuring how were in a hurricane season I dont think it would be a bad idea to make a sticky thread for the season so we can talk about it without overflooding the board. Theres one on its way already. They say its headed for alabama but its far to early to say. Im in Florida so im naturally thinking its going to hit us

Anyways I hope im clear enough on what I mean.

Later

P.S. I know the storm down by cuba now is just a Tropical Storm. Im just assuming it will develop even though they say it wont.

[edit on 6/9/2005 by AndrewTB]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'd like to second that recomendation. Putting it in the "Fragile Earth" section along with the earthquake and strange weather threads would be beneficial in my opinion. I also spent most of my life in Florida and now live in Tokyo. You would not believe how much Japan gets hit compared to the East Coast. Anyway, hope this idea is accepted.

Good idea AndrewTB

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'll third it.

Speaking of Hurricanes and hurricane season...
Why are there no threads about Arlene yet? I'll change that

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
As a thought, we'll probably sticky the current ongoing thread of any current storm, and then "unsticky" it when the next one comes along...

This way, members can see the info without wading through page after page of the kind of thread you're suggesting....
(and likely only after getting Hurricane status...but we might do it for TS's too...we'll see).

We actually discussed this idea at the start of the season...so you're thinking the same as we are...

[edit on 16-6-2005 by Gazrok]

join