It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those wild Annunaki ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Except that that's exactly what they're written if you don't ascribe everything that doesn't fit your world view as being mythology

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well i must comment on this thread even though i dont have much to add.
I am a strong believer in the annunaki, but no i dont believe in any from of nibru. I just simply believe they were a race of aliens who influenced human life on earth. In a way splicing their genes with ours to make us more intelligent, this i think explains the whole "made in the image of US". Also think about our great technological leaps in the past 10 thousand years? We had plenty of thousands of years befor this to advance but yet we were just hunting and gathering.
Forget all about the 12th planet and all that crap, just try to read up on sumerian mythology.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
In the first place, the entire line of thinking on the Annunaki comes straight from Zecharia Sitchen, a man that has absolutely no credentials (at least, he has consistently refused to present any credentials) for translating the cuneiform tablets left by the Sumerians.

In addition, Sitchen's interpretation of the Annunaki Mythos contradicts the translations of every expert in the field that has done any translating of these tablets. In fact, since the Sumerians actually left dictionaries and lexicons behind, it can be emphatically and uncontrovertibly asserted that Sitchen's interpretation contradicts even the Sumerians interpretation of their own religion.

Sitchen has been caught in print mistaking one language for another, and no claim he has made regarding the supposed "astronomy" of the Sumerians that led to his hypotheses of Niburu has stood up to even the most casual scrutiny.

Read the info available at this link: www.sitchiniswrong.com...

This is one page of a larger site. I have links to many other sites that completely bankrupt all of Sitchin's fabrications.

After reading the above, anyone that puts any credence in Sitchin should visit his website (I have never saved his url - get it from google.) See how much of the "great man's" words are available there free of charge, and how many of his writings are only available if you whip out your credit card.

If that doesn't convince you, please, be my guest and continue to give your money away to charlatans, hacks and quacks.

Harte

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I agree he's a bit shifty with his world play. I checked out the site the above poster gave and here's something interesting even from the debunkers.

Sitchin assumes "Nephilim" comes from the Hebrew word "naphal" (as opposed to ARAMAIC - see below) which usually means "to fall." He then forces the meaning "to come down" onto the word, creating his "to come down from above" translation. "Nephilim" - in the form we find it in the Hebrew Bible - COULD come from Hebrew "naphal," but it could ONLY be translated one way in light of the spelling - "those who are fallen" (i.e., either "fallen in battle" - which is out of the question given the context of Genesis 6 - or "spiritually fallen" / evil - which fits the context IF the sons of God are evil). To see that the sons of God in Genesis 6 were evil divine beings and this cohabitation was evil, one needs only to turn to either Jude 6-7 and II Peter 2:4-6, or the Book of Enoch.

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

Interesting so it still could mean that they were the fallen ones, talked about by many people.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
I agree he's a bit shifty with his world play. I checked out the site the above poster gave and here's something interesting even from the debunkers.

Sitchin assumes "Nephilim" comes from the Hebrew word "naphal" (as opposed to ARAMAIC - see below) which usually means "to fall." He then forces the meaning "to come down" onto the word, creating his "to come down from above" translation. "Nephilim" - in the form we find it in the Hebrew Bible - COULD come from Hebrew "naphal," but it could ONLY be translated one way in light of the spelling - "those who are fallen" (i.e., either "fallen in battle" - which is out of the question given the context of Genesis 6 - or "spiritually fallen" / evil - which fits the context IF the sons of God are evil). To see that the sons of God in Genesis 6 were evil divine beings and this cohabitation was evil, one needs only to turn to either Jude 6-7 and II Peter 2:4-6, or the Book of Enoch.

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

Interesting so it still could mean that they were the fallen ones, talked about by many people.

Or it could mean that since many (other) people were talking about the "fallen ones", the Hebrews wrote about them.
These ancient writings are mythical and have no more basis in reality than Odin or Annubis.

The point of the statements you quoted above was Sitchen's propensity for mistranslating anything he can in order to try and use his mistranslation to prop up his money making machine (the Annunaki). The statements about the "fallen ones" is only one example of such a deliberate mistranslation. Many more examples are given at that site.

Additionally, the use of purposeful mistranslations (probably really just paraphrasing other's translations to fit his moneymaker - there is no evidence that Sitchen himself can translate Akkadian or read cuneiform) listed by that website's operator is only one of many other methods used there to debunk Sitchen. For example, in "Twelfth Planet", Sitchen used a seal with what he described as the planets of the solar system engraved on it, attempting to show the Sumerians knew more about the planets than they were supposed to. But Sitchen only offered a hand-drawn sketch of the drawings on the seal, and re-examination of the seal showed he had made some alterations.

Also, the motif on the seal in question which Sitchen asserted was the planets, is repeated in several other seals and other picture/pictographic pieces left by the Sumerians, all of which were available for Sitchen's review. The motif has been explained to not be the solar system by experts in the field, prior to Sitchen's assertions. In fact, the motif is actually talked about by the Sumerians in their translated writings, if memory serves, and has absolutely nothing to do with the solar syatem or the planets. This information was available to Sitchen if he wanted it. He conveniently leaves it out of "Twelfth Planet."

It is this seal and it's motif that is the sole basis for Sitchen's assertions of Niburu's existence.

Harte

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If you have read Jim Marrs' excellent Rule by Secrecy, you know that Sitchin's claims are completely plausible, and don't forget the Jews are kings in disinformation, they are the ones that rule this world.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
If you have read Jim Marrs' excellent Rule by Secrecy, you know that Sitchin's claims are completely plausible, and don't forget the Jews are kings in disinformation, they are the ones that rule this world.

Racists statements such as these help make my point about Sitchen, whose claims are completely and irretrievably implausible, by the way.

There are many out there that don't want to know the truth. They are more interested in believing fantasy that actually learning something. That is OK by me, I have no quarrel with those that choose to live outside reality.

Additionally, there are many that have so much of their lives and mindsets invested in idiots like Sitchen, Von Daniken, Hancock and Childress that to come to the realization that these people are frauds and con men would require an "existential moment," where the entire house of cards of their belief systems must fall. Nobody enjoys the existential moment, so it is understandable that many wish to avoid this.

Myself, I have looked deeply into the claims made by these "researchers" and others. After much time invested in trying to corroborate their claims, I have found absolutely nothing. I began to be certain that I had been had when Erich VonDaniken actually admitted to fraudulently creating his own forged evidence to support some of his claims.

Like I said in my previous post, look at the link I gave you, there are other links on that site. Go to Sitchen's site. If this small amount of research is not enough to convince you, so be it. Continue to give your money to con men and rip-off artists who by their very existence are constantly denigrating and demeaning a century's worth of archaeology and archaeologists.

Harte

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Great question, I wondered about the same. What about underground as our Repillian buddys do here on Earth?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

This is exactly the type of post we do not encourage here. Please refrain. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Evolution gives me a scientific explanation of our origins. Creationism gives me a spiritual explanation of our origins. Creationism and evolution aside, saying that we were bio-engineered by a race of aliens does not adequately answer the question of mankind’s origin. It only causes me to ask “So where did they come from?” Since we do not have any of these aliens available to examine, I would have to exercise a greater faith than I have to believe this explanation.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Many know about the famous Betty and Barney Hill abduction that occurred in 1961. During that encounter, on-board the spacecraft, the Greys refused to clarify to Betty regarding their point of origin after she asked them to signify where Terra was on the star map that she saw on the wall. Many years later, updated astronomical charts and governmental insider information exposed the home planet of the Greys to be the fourth world in the Zeta 2 Reticuli System -- Zeta IV.

The Zetan-aliens are masters at psychological manipulation and propaganda and prefer that the public at large here does not know where they are based in this galaxy

I believe that the Anunnaki (Zetan-Reptilians) are the ancestors of the present-day Zetans and that they also originated from the Zeta 2 Reticuli System. Nibiru was at most only a base along the way to this world and is therefore a deception that was purposely furthered eons ago for misdirection.

The rationale of the Anunnaki: you don't tell resentful slaves the location of your true home.

[edit on 19-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

Makes sense to me, only that Grays seem to be more classified as machines from what I've heard, whereas the extremely long life-spans of the Saurian race (Annanuki are the grandchildren of An, closer in relation to the Rephaim according to Sumerian tablets, not the long-lived race An was part of).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join