It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacking the American Defense Network of Computers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Having read today of a self taught super hacker based in England hacking the Pentagons computers ,and other military sights in the USA . I think this might be a weapon that would be considered as viable to use against Countries reliant on computers.
If this guy did so much damage 3 years ago , and not being an employee of the NSA or other secret services and still hacked the militarily computers, I'm thinking this a weak link in the Western World Military that can be exploited. Story here www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The problem is that as seen as you connect a computer to a network there is a risk. There is no such thing as fault free software and sooner or later someone is going to find the flaws and exploit them.
But I'm sure no agency as well as the military are going to hook up their mission-critical systems to a public accessible network. Even if they did, you most likely wouldn't reach them.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i wonder what he came across.... just data or something of interest to ATS?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Based in Scotland, not England, he was looking for evidence of UFO cover ups by the US government, dunno what he found, I'm sure he is doing himself a favour by not telling anyone... What do you think so happen to him?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The Pentagon has its own nerds that once in awhile try and hack into the pentagons and military's systems just to see if there are any weakness. They also have a group of hackers just for cyber warfare just incase the pentagon has to take out the computer networks of a future adversary.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ani of yall guys like to hack a military website and lets see wat happens?
in ani case we have seen wat the best hackers do and be overconfident and lead to their downfall, i remember one story where the U.S. gov tricked a Russian hacker to come to the U.S. i forgot wat it was a prize or job or somthing but in ani case he got caught and arrested by U.S. law because the government cant get to him in Russia and political tensions would be very bad had they done it.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
lol, important information can only be obtain physically, you have to go to the pentagon in order to gain classify stuff...

by the way, i will shoot myself if the US military hasn't think about the weakness.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think cyber warfare will be the thing most countries are working in secret on now as it is a bloodless way of making your enemies forces be blind and have no command and control.If you knocked out the satellites as well i think this would cause chaos in todays modern armies and leave them venerable. Having computers do everything on the battlefield might be like the saying putting all your eggs in one basket, a bad thing.

top topics

join