It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switzerland Voters Approve Partnership Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
"In a second vote, a larger majority favored granting more rights to same-sex couples in the first national referendum on such an issue in Europe."

"On June 5th Swiss voters approved the new partnership law, which enables same-sex couples to register their partnership. 58% voted “yes” to the new law. You can find further information here."

www.swisspolitics.org...

What are your views on this?

I think it is about time throughout the world that "Same-Sex" couples get the same "rights" as those in "Mixed-Sex" couples. Why should they have to face higher economic burdens because of their sexuality?

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Odium]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
One argument that has gotten me is.. how many HETEROSEXUAL couples fail? Far too many. At least half here in the states. What right do they have then to tell gay people they can't commit themselves to one another legally? I'm a Christian, and I see both sides of the argument, but its getting ridiculous. Straight people are no better than gay people. At this point I think that civil unions are a good compromise. Then those gay people who are committed to one another have all the same legal rights and responsibilities as their straight counterparts.

Let God be the judge.

And one thing, isn't it far more responsible on the whole to encourage commitment and fidelity? It's safer.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well that's what I think; they do not ask to get married under the "Roman Catholic Church's" God, they wish to be treated equal to heterosexuals. So why can't they? If God does not wish homosexuals to survive, to live, etc, he will punish them in the afterlife and it is the risk which they take.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
That view of mine on civil unions is pretty secular, I admit. The trouble I have with gay marriage is this: in the eyes of God, marriage is between a man and woman, as stated in the Bible. If you don't believe that, then go back through history and find me a time where that was not the case. Men and women produce children. Gay couples do not - naturally. Therefore, the union between men and women is a no-brainer. No matter what man says, he cannot change what God hath declared.

That's not a criticism, it's just my personal view on the realities of it. But if gay folks are able to get a civil union binding them into perpetuity like their straight counterparts, fine. As Odium & I have both said, God will be the judge in the end.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well marriage did exist in the Greek Period prior to the 5th Century B.C. and it was fine to Marry more then one person or even take another man as your concubine so to stop pregnancy but this style of marriage was just a "union" of two people and that's all it should be. I myself would be the first person to stand up and say it would be wrong to force Christians to accept homosexual marriages however I think the state should so that they have the rights of a married couple.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
I myself would be the first person to stand up and say it would be wrong to force Christians to accept homosexual marriages however I think the state should so that they have the rights of a married couple.

We are in aggreeance.

new topics

top topics

join