It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cars in Britain should be fitted with a satellite tracking device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is New Labours idea on how to control road congestion, seems to me its more like a way of finding out where you are. This and the new introduction of ID cards will give them the power to know everything you do. Big brother is nearly here. Story www.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
sorry were not going to give ANY vehicle, American-made or not, an STD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Just shows what the British Government is , a bunch of monkeys. It would cost a fortune to equip every car in Britain with a tracking device, To me I'm frightened these people have power they are complete assholes.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The idea is good, charge people for how much they drive rather than some generic road tax that is the same for some old granny that only drives to Church every sunday and some speed freak who bombs around the highways from drunken nightout to drunken night out, but the tracking device is ridiculous.
The first thing I thought they would do is meter it like electrcity. Some guy would come around to start with and read how much you have done, and start charging you from there. It would make petrol nice and cheap too, hope they have a similar idea here but without the trackers.

top topics

join