It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any creatures...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Are there any creatures in the sea that it's so deep that we haven't discovered any yet?

If so, please post websites to some creatures we may have find like rare pics.

I'd also like to know at the least names of these mythical creatures way below the deep blue sea.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
There are probably hundreds, maybe thousands of critters deep under the sea that we havent found yet, one interesing one to research is ''Bloop'' there si no actual physical evidence of it but there is a couple of recordings. I think Cryptozoology.com has got a recent post on it.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Bloop is pretty cool. It's proof that there are other things down there that we don't know about.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
But there is a theory that it is the Earth moving or something, though I like to beleive that its some big creature

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Many have said that the Bloop may be the sounds of the Giant Squid but most have dismissed that theory as Squids do not have a gas sac which they would need in order to make the sounds. There are others that believe that the sounds are just another form of communications between whales.
If you are interested in deep sea lif, the link below is a good resource.
Deep Sea Life

people.whitman.edu...

Now if you want to see some really bizarre animals, check out what lives around "smokers" which are volcanic vents that pump out temperatures of 380 °C degrees with high levels of of various poisons which would kill any other life as we know it.

pubs.usgs.gov...

www.amnh.org... s.html

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
no pics of the bloops?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
None as they are only theorized at the moment.
No one has seen one nor found any remains or traces of them. Only have "heard them".

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsmith444
Are there any creatures in the sea that it's so deep that we haven't discovered any yet?

Yes, but I can't name them or show you pictures of what they are because they haven't been seen or discovered yet.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

are there any creatures in the sea that it's so deep that we haven't discovered any yet?

I dont mean to be mean but i have to laugh at that statement, If we knew the answer to that then they would be discovered wouldnt they? Then to follow it up with asking for pics of these creatures? So lets get this straight your asking for pictures of animals we dont know exist.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If you want to learn about Sea cryptids you should read
In the wake of the sea-serpents by Bernard Heuvelmans also by him is
The Kraken and the Colossal Octopus which was just recently translated

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, CA. The water gets very deep in a short distance from shore there, so a lot of deep water research is easy to do. The aquarium funds a lot of research.

I was there a few years ago and a grad student was giving a lecture. The lecturer was describing how everyone had thoroughly explored the ecosystem of the sea floor, and the surface waters are understood, but no one was studying the mid level of the ocean -- deep enough so there is no sunlight or surface influence, and far enough up so the sea floor is not a factor, a true 3 dimensional ecosystem with no planar surface to reference. The lecturer was part of team studying the mid layers, and their submersibles had discovered several new entire families ( and possibly a new order ) of creatures never before described.

No great sea monsters or anything dramatic, but fascinating, nevertheless.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
we know more about space than we do about our own ocean and that says alot about what could be down there.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Does anyone believe that there are still prehistoric creatures in the depths of the sea that can only exist in extremly cold waters...if you have any websites it would be appreaciated...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I believe that there might still be sea-serpents (marine dragons) that live in the oceans. There are stories of sailors seeing these creatures but there isn't much evidence. All I know is that there are many things deep in the oceans that are out of human reach.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Do you ealise what you actaully saying not trying to be picky ro anyhting.

If so, please post websites to some creatures we may have find like rare pics.

I'd also like to know at the least names of these mythical creatures way below the deep blue sea.

Are there any creature int he deep sea which we havent discovered yet.
The answer is probably yes but once we find them theyre discovered and then they dont fit into your answer.
THis is one question that sort of cant be asnwered by science becuase once you find something you can just reask the quesation.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corsarius

Yes, but I can't name them or show you pictures of what they are because they haven't been seen or discovered yet.

lol!!! the person/thing (never met em' so I don't know which it is
) that posted that (above) is complety right. what kind of person/ thing would be slow enough to find an animal/person/thing that hasn't been discovered yet? This is more of a comic thread than a anything else!

(thats why I posted this, lol)

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'd be willing to bet there are things in our backyards we don't know about. There are wealths of creatures we have no clue about possibly types we don't even have a clue about yet. If they can be found here on land still it stands to reason that they are most likely existant in the deep sea where we have explored far less than on land.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
surely the pressure would kill any fish at those levels we should'nt expect anything big to be found i think maybe you would jellyfish and small little things but not giant squid.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
surely the pressure would kill any fish at those levels we should'nt expect anything big to be found i think maybe you would jellyfish and small little things but not giant squid.

Why? If it's always lived there why wouldn't it be there. There are things that can live in EVERY type of environment so far as we know, especially if given time to adjust (over thousands of years) or being created to live there in the first place. If anything jellyfish would be more pressure sensitive, it doesn't necessiarly have to be a fish either...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Some animals we havent catalogues yet are
the giant squid
BIgfoot(And all of his cousins)
All the different sea serpents
some big ass snakes
some live tasmanian tigers and dodos
Pigme elephants
a dinosaur in the congo

I dont know if all these exist I suspect most of them do but I havent really got any expertise on this subject.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join