It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are Friends And Who Are Enemies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well I beleive that the US and the UK are great allies/friends. Its been my experience with most of the British people that I've met think that the US and UK have a great bond between each other.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
O.K. now a lot of people have made their thoughts known to you Bulldog 52. We have a great bunch of English here and one I was proud to say I had the pleasure of seeing for a couple of years.

The way I would desccribe some Britains is easy going but the rath to deal with problems when they occur.

Bulldog 52, slow down is my thought as your seemingly unhappy?

Dallas

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I married one!! Now that is commitment.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well i see the British as the only ones capable of talking sense into their gun-hoe American friends if needed. The UK also has managed to keep decent relationships with Europe, Russia, Asia and others while at the same time not pissing off the US. Anyway no friends or enemies are permanent and any country could possibly be your enemy or friend in the future but as it is now the UK isn't overly hated. I wonder if Americans and British who lived in 1812 would have guessed they would be closest allies in the future.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by Trent]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Good point Trent, I doubt many thought we'd be best friends with the Brits someday when they were burning Washington D.C. in the War of 1812.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hate is a strong word.

I believe it is used too flippantly.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Hey, the U.S. helped Britain out with the Falklands conflict. Only thing is it had to be behind the scenes, as Britain wanted to prove it could still take care of its own business.

That was 20 years ago, we've lost a lot in 20 years.
With your help even behind the scenes still proves we couldnt do it alone.

One scene I'll never forget, though, is Bush's speech to congress right after 9/11, whe he looked out to the audience, saw Blair and said "Thanks for being here, friend". Other countries said things, but Britain's Tony Blair showed up in person.

Yeah, our PM can run around and be by america's side day and night but we wont do the same for our other more stronger allies?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join