It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Rapture even real.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
What does that mean anyway? The end of the world? I don't quite get a picture of how the whole world can end. Does that mean earth will just disappear, and the solar system will hold one fewer planets?
If something does happen, in accordance with these half dozen varied predictions from around the world, and the 'cleansing' occurs, I would bet life will go on. Maybe not human life, but it might re-evolve later, but any scenario less than total planetary destruction would be bound to be survived by some life. The bacteria that live in the vents at the bottom of the ocean, or lichen, or seeds, cockroaches, maybe even rats, and maybe lots more. It might mean 5 billion humans die, but I cannot see it being the 'end'....whatever that is.
If there is a god or gods and they promised to come back on Mayan date Baktun 13.0.0.0.0 to see if the caretaking, or stewardship of the earth was sustained, and not just used for our own vain schemes.... and wrecked, if so, the idea that god(s) will not be pleased is very likely, and a well deserved disciplining would be very logical. I don't know if that will be what happens. Maybe nothing will happen, maybe it will be an asteroid, that was calculated to return on that day by those amazingly advanced ancient ones. they may be right. I would bet on them being right, over modern people's blanket dismissal of the chance. Its all good, though.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
What does that mean anyway? The end of the world? I don't quite get a picture of how the whole world can end.
I think REM was right when they sang 'It's the end of the world as we know it...and I feel fine.'

The end of the pervasive corrupt systems in every part of life that have been founded and worked by man--who is basically a puppet mastered by both his own blind ego and the lies of those who Rebelled in the last age.

The world will be restored to it's perfection, that was in existence before 'it became desolation and ruin' and was subsequently repaired by God in the 6 days of work. I have come to understand that the things in Genesis were literal 24 hour days, but that was possible as it was a patch up job, for the interim, for this age and man's advent on the world to be trained for the upcoming age where things won't run the risk again of ruin and destruction. I think it was right about 12,000 years ago.

If something does happen, in accordance with these half dozen varied predictions from around the world, and the 'cleansing' occurs, I would bet life will go on.
I believe so, there is a lot of truth in various predictions, but the whole truth must include the true Revelation of Christ--because the wonderful loving world to come is only made possible by His restoration, to correct the ills wrought by the so-called mythological greek gods and all such of that kind, who were not just stories, but in reality 'the devil and his angels' and all the giants were the product of their reproducing with animals and other hominids.

Sounds crazy I know.

Nevertheless the truth will set us free.

See God will give true freedom--Satan had it once, and he perverted all of creation due to insatiable lust for physical experience.

And Satan was created in order to be our example of both screwing up and the resultant penalty. It is him and his crew that the 'everlasting punishment' is meant for. Even those that spread false religion and say that men will burn in hell won't have to go there for spreading such nonsense. God didn't make us to kill us or hurt us.

If there is a god or gods and they promised to come back on Mayan date Baktun 13.0.0.0.0 to see if the caretaking, or stewardship of the earth was sustained, and not just used for our own vain schemes.... and wrecked, if so, the idea that god(s) will not be pleased is very likely, and a well deserved disciplining would be very logical. I don't know if that will be what happens.
Certainly you are right! And those 'gods' who return are really the 'sons of God' who were born into this world along with everyone else--the 'Saints' which Paul mentions. And the rest of the world is the rest of the world. But no longer will we have ignorance, pain, suffering, illness, death, or poisons.

Can you believe it?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
quote: Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
What does that mean anyway? The end of the world? I don't quite get a picture of how the whole world can end.

I personally belive we are at the end of the world.But we should go to the bible for the answers. If you have read Daniel chapter 2 and i mean read the hole chapter. It talks about kingdoms falling and rising. The last kingdom falling is roman(v 33-35 & v40-43) Right after romans falling it talks about God's kingdom coming in the heaven and on the earth's the new Jerusalem
My point is right after roman falls. It talk about Jesus coming. I say we are in the timing of christ. Where we are at in revelations we can only know3 by reading revelations. but the timing on earth is not the same in heaven. For all we know revelation can happen over 100 or two or more years. Be ready.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
For all we know revelation can happen over 100 or two or more years. Be ready.
Or as Christ said, 'Watch. Therefore, watch.'

The book of Revelation is properly titled 'The Revelation of Jesus Christ.'
As such it technically covers 6000 to maybe 7000 years (for the world, or 'cosmos'--population in general, human history, etc...)
And for the individual takes a whole lifetime--for those appointed to such in this age.

It's better understood as a process, a complete unveiling of One Plan--rather than a series of catastrophic blessings-in-disguise (or whatever the individual case may be.)

The Revelation of Jesus Christ is the path of restoration back to paradise.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I look at revelations as God's plan for salvation through Jesus christ.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I look at revelations as God's plan for salvation through Jesus christ.

Well, that is exactly what restoration from the fall is.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hey look we agree, lol god bless ya.lol

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The earth will never go away...

When God made everything he made to last forever. After the 7 years of Tribulation, Jesus will be here with his people for the 1000 years which is the 7 Th day of creation (were God rested) and there is total peace on the earth because satan will be Bond for that 1000 years ( rember that satan is the cause for all sin in man kind and when he is not here, He will not be able to bring Sin into the World untill his time Again...
At the end of the 1000 years; Satan will be losen again for a season, and at that time he will be albe to being Sin Back into the world ( this is for some of the people that made it through the Tribulation) and Satan will be able to trick these people agan..
At the time of this short Season, he will be defeated once more for the last time and then will be the Great White Throne Judgement to were Satan and all people that has died in sin all the way back to the begining of time will be pull up out of the graves where they have been sleeping since there death.
They all will be be judge and sent with Satan to the pits of Hell for the rest of time and the Righeous will recive there crowns for there good they did while they were on Earth, Some will recive 5 crowns, And some Will reciveonly1 crowns and many with no crowns at all, after that, the Church will move to the New Jerusalen and the Jews will inheret the Earth and Jesus and God will be with us Forever and Forever....

And I have No Ideal what we will be doing eather,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Josekinuc

I believe it is those saints who are keeping God’s Commandments to the best of their abilities while their Christian brothers/sisters who have chosen to; those not are living and behaving like the demon possessed people in the Bible while still calling themselves Christians! For those of you who wonder; NO, Everyone will not go up in the rapture! If you have kept yourself holy; stay the course, you will be rewarded!

Revelation 19:9 Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.”

Rev. 19:6-9 9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”
God is telling us those who are invited. We would say "selected" or "chosen" that is the reward of the Christians who actually behaved like the bible tells us we're suppose to.

2 Thessalonians 2:5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.

The references to “He” in the above scripture are referring to The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit presence which lives in the Saints/people who are restraining the Anti-Christ right now! In verse 7 it mentions “He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.”

I believe the bible is telling us, not preachers, not false prophets, but the bible, the Anti-christ cannot begin his takeover until those who are going to be raptured, are raptured. Many so called Christians will not go because they were “lukewarm” in one way or another. This parable tells us that not everyone will “be ready” according to scripture.

Matthew 25:1-12 The Parable of the Ten Virgins (You can look this up!)10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut. 11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’ 12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

Please take note from scripture. Those who were not ready were “left behind.” God is telling us to be ready at all times. Walk in his Commandments at all times! Walk in love at all times, forgive, and of course the infamous “Ten Commandments.” I take this to mean 24/7. Jesus tells us no one knows the day or the time. This isn’t no “keeping track of all the signs of the end times!” This hasn’t happened. That hasn’t happened yet.

These scriptures show Saints are being left behind. Matthew 24:40-41; Revelation 13:7

The chosen: Revelation 10 The Angel and the Little Scroll (Very long, read it) It tells us the 7th trumpet is going to blow. The angel is holding a “LITTLE BOOK” First of all why is the book little? The Book of Life is Big! This one is "Little" I believe it is because of the “FEW NAMES” of Christians that will go up in the rapture! Not good!

Revelation 10:7 7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

The mystery is “the rapture.” The bible doesn’t have the word rapture; man coined that phrase from Hebrew scroll text translation that meant “rapture.” That’s where the word came from.

What is the mystery spoken of here? The mystery is “the rapture.” Sound his trumpet; to signal the beginning of the rapture! How can I be sure? Somebody wanted more scripture from the bible:

It is written: I Corinthians 15:50 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

1 Thessalonians 4:14-18 We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.

There is a lot of confusion with these scriptures. The “Rapture event” and the Second coming of Jesus Christ are TWO SEPARATE EVENTS. The Second coming happens when the battle of Armaggedon is already taking place. World War III. There will be new converts because of those who were left behind. Those who didn’t take the mark of the beast. (RFID chip)

Didn’t mean to be long winded but I thought it took extra time to really explain what I have discovered. You either believe in God or you don’t. I do.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join