It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Demands Aircraft Carrier for G8 Summit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I wonder if the two Prepositioning Program ships that have been at anchor off South Devon for the last couple of weeks will sail north in support of this ...

[edit for grammar]

[edit on 4-6-2005 by 0951]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

And for the record They arent sending a friggin Nimitz

They are sending an LHD

packed with hundreds of US marines will be anchored off the west coast of Scotland during the G8 summit, according to security sources.

The assault ship, also laden with helicopters

I wondered when someone would notice that.

Keep in mind, the UK has many fanatical Muslims that would like to make paradise while being famous at the same time.

Originally posted by kegs
I can't think of any other country that would be allowed to deploy that many armed troops on our soil. 2000 Marines is practically an invasion force. Would the US allow 2000 armed British Marines to be deployed in the US to protect Blair? I doubt it.

No doubt in my mind they would, as they already.....nevermind.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It does seem that he is in a state of fright; maybe he could send Dick
Cheney (Deep Pockets) and hope for a heart attack or something like that. Where I come from, if you visit someone at their home, you play by their rules. This is a new concept to Dubda and all his good oil buddies from Tehas. I must say though, the Pres. did bring it upon himself to march into the Middle East and in the process, his pissed off quite a few of the right people. I wish them all good health and plenty of giant jars of Vasiline.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
When Bush visited England he was scared of Her Majesty she made him seem another silly person who thinks hes got power. Cant beat the Royals to put nobodies in their place.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
According to Phil Hendrie on his 6-2-05 show....

"The Scottish are great people, just don't make the mistake of thinking they ever invented anything."

www.philhendrieshow.com

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Dear all,

I am looking forward to the arrival of Bush and his entourage.

The supposedly vaunted US Secret Service will stand no chance against the neds of Pollok, Castlemilk etc.

The Prez-mobile will be up on blocks with Bush tied to a lamppost in Easterhouse in only his y-fronts within an hour of his arrival.

What use will your aircraft-carrying LHD be then?

Not even the US Marines would be brave enough to enter Easterhouse. This is not the easy ride they have had in Baghdad and Falluja.

The "insurgents" here are slightly better equipped and much better organised.

Cheers

BHR

[edit on 7-6-2005 by BillHicksRules]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Just a quick point that I think needs to be noted:
Mr. A-Rab, the crazy Muslim Fanatic one day thinks "I'll kill G-W'ya at the G8 meeting" he then straps himself up and travels up there, doign his crazy little thing with a bomb - how is the Air Craft Carrier going to protect Bush? Will the plains be flying low and bombing anyone that looks like a terrorist? Or will it sit there and do nothing while the Police Force, British Army and MoD do their job?

So why does he need it again? I doubt anyone will declare war on Scotland while he's there...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
To be honest, the thought of Bush having 2000 - 5000 marines on that assault ship, ready to deploy at a moments notice is # scary! Hes already going to have at least 600 - 800 marines at Gleneagles plus what ever he decides to have. The rest of you might not think its all that bad, but I live in Auchterarder, can almost see Gleneagels from my house! Dont want all those trigger happy marines running about my town, its bad enough having 65 armed police just in the centre itself!

Fraser

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ray Davies
According to Phil Hendrie on his 6-2-05 show....

"The Scottish are great people, just don't make the mistake of thinking they ever invented anything."

www.philhendrieshow.com

Heh. I must of missed this. Before I prove this unbelievably retarded opinon so wrong it's frankly inconceivable, I'd like to know what your motivation was for posting the completley unconnected vocal excrement of some random obvious idiot in this thread?

Anyways, arse serving time. Let's see...

...Well apart from forming the U.S Navy (and the Chilean Navy) and the fact that well over a third, and by some estimations as many as three-quarters of the fifty-six signatories of the declaration of independence were Scots-born or had some Scots ancestry some other inventions, scientific institions formed by, or discoveries made by Scots are the steam engine, the bicycle, tarmacadam roads, the telephone, television (arguably), the transistor, penicillin (saving more lives than lost in both world wars put together), electromagnetics, wave powered electricity, radar, insulin, calculus, the first cloned animal, geology, paleobiology, anaesthetics, antiseptics, the decimal point, fax machines, golf, iron bridges, the Kelvin scale, logarithms, paraffin, adhesive postage stamps, economics, hypodermic syringes, pneumatic tyres, quinine, refrigerators, thermos flasks, sulphuric acid, telegraph, brownian movement, sociology, latent heat, representaion of chemical bonds, morphine, the thermometer, ante-natal clinics, interferon, the kaleidoscope, the reflecting telescope, the modern lawnmower and of course, whisky.

That's not nearly all, there's loads more; as well as being world famous for its philosophy, journalism and literature. Not bad for a country of less than 5 million eh?

[edit on 24-6-2005 by kegs]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
.Well apart from forming the U.S Navy (and the Chilean Navy) and the fact that well over a third, and by some estimations as many as three-quarters of the fifty-six signatories of the declaration of independence were Scots-born or had some Scots ancestry some other inventions, scientific institions formed by, or discoveries made by Scots are the steam engine, the bicycle, tarmacadam roads, the telephone, television (arguably), the transistor, penicillin (saving more lives than lost in both world wars put together), electromagnetics, wave powered electricity, radar, insulin, calculus, the first cloned animal, geology, paleobiology, anaesthetics, antiseptics, the decimal point, fax machines, golf, iron bridges, the Kelvin scale, logarithms, paraffin, adhesive postage stamps, economics, hypodermic syringes, pneumatic tyres, quinine, refrigerators, thermos flasks, sulphuric acid, telegraph, brownian movement, sociology, latent heat, representaion of chemical bonds, morphine, the thermometer, ante-natal clinics, interferon, the kaleidoscope, the reflecting telescope, the modern lawnmower and of course, whisky.

That's not nearly all, there's loads more; as well as being world famous for its philosophy, journalism and literature. Not bad for a country of less than 5 million eh?

Antonio Meucci inventid the telephone and was Italian.
Paul Gottlieb Nipkow invented the spinning disk which was the first T.V. and was German.
Auguste Comte is the father of the term Sociology and was French
Heron of Alexandria invented the first Steam engine and was Greek, the modern steam engine was by Denis Papin, who was French.
Bicycle has never been credit with an inventor.
List goes on.

The comment is a long standing joke that people make about Scotish people, due to the fact they get a lot of credit but when researched most of their inventions were done decades before by other people.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Giving credit for inventions is often not a straightforward issue, there are thousands of disputed claims across the world.

I'm aware of Antonio Meucci's claim to the telephone and also Elisha Gray's. The fact is that Alexander Graham Bell was the first to patent, so he gets credit. That kind of thing happens a lot with new inventions, as it did with the television. I said the televisions invention is controversial, there are several claims and all are arguable as the first. I'm refering to John Logie Bairds demonstration of television in london in 1926.

With Sociology there are also several people reffered to as the father of Sociology Ibn Khaldun, and even Plato are two others. Auguste Comte coined the term Sociology in 1838, but Adam Ferguson released his "Essay on Civil Society" in 1767.

Again there are many credited with the invention of the modern steam engine, no one person can really be given credit. Jacob Besson, Agostino Ramelli, Da Vinci, Florence Rivault, Salomon de Caus, Giovanni Branca, David Raseye, Thomas Grant, and Edward Ford are a few. Though James Watt (the Scottish inventor) cannot be given credit of directly inventing the Steam engine he made the biggest changes and improvements to the design that led to its widespread use. Papin had discovered a way of producing a vacuum using steam, but he didn't pursue the idea.

Kirkpatrick MacMillan invented the pedal driven bicycle in 1839, before that they were pushbikes. He didn't patent his idea but his design was widely copied.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join