It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution, is this a possible future for humans ???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
That link is silly. Not only does it have nothing to do with evolution, really, it's time scale is laughable. Millions of years until genetic modifications or cybernetic enhancements become commonplace? More like 1-2 hundred.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It's interesting that every one but 1 of the choices requires genetic re-engineering of the body.

The one thing I can comment on is where they mention night vision being better after a nuclear war.

I have worked nights for almost 8 years now and sleep during the day. I also ware glasses.

If I go out in the light my eyes hurt, kind of a burning sensation. Never thought too much about it at first just figured I'm not use to the light because usually I'm in the dark working or going out at night on my nights off.

I recently got my eye glass prescription adjusted because my vision seemed a bit blurry and haven't had to do this for about 15 years.

When he inspected my eyes he started asking me all these strange questions, so I asked him if I was going blind or something what's up with the weird questions. He then told me that my pupils even when exposed to light are huge compared to the average person.

After that I took note of my eyesight during the night. Now it's not great or anything spectacular but after trying a couple things out with some family members that work normal hours it does seem that the prolonged exposure to dark and avoiding light (I'm sleeping when the sun's out) I can very easily make out more things in the distance than my family members could.

That being said the night vision thing is possible but it's nothing great just able to see a little further and make things out in the dark a tad better.

I really doubt we will even live that long to see it as a species. I've always assumed we would either kill each other first. Or some science experiment would go horribly wrong and blow us all up.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

That's not a genetic trait shared only by you, though. It might be in everyone's DNA. That's adaption of an organism, not a species.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Your post only shows micro-evolution, which is a bad word to describe "ADAPTION". Most people will admit adaption happens but there are 5 other forms of evolution for it to be true and none of those 5 have ever been proven, repeated, observed and in fact all 5 violate all the known laws of science.. These other 5 are purely religious in that one can ONLY BELIEVE they happened and must believe that over all known science...

Cosmic evolution
Chemical evolution
Stellar and Planetary evolution
Organic evilution
Macro evolution
Micro evolution

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Your post only shows micro-evolution, which is a bad word to describe "ADAPTION". Most people will admit adaption happens but there are 5 other forms of evolution for it to be true and none of those 5 have ever been proven, repeated, observed and in fact all 5 violate all the known laws of science.. These other 5 are purely religious in that one can ONLY BELIEVE they happened and must believe that over all known science...

Cosmic evolution
Chemical evolution
Stellar and Planetary evolution
Organic evilution
Macro evolution
Micro evolution

You're miseducated; and clearly so, I've seen nearly the exact same thing copied and pasted hundreds of times off evangelical creationist websites. Try reading something that isn't propaganda and think for yourself. Nobody who isn't a creationist uses the phrases "Cosmic Evolution, Stellar and Planetary evolution, or Organic Evolution" Creationists also coined the phrases "Macroevolution" and "Microevolution", but I've seen them used recently for describing timescales.

If you even knew what you were talking about, you'd know that the theory of evolution, you know, the only thing referred to as evolution by anyone besides creationists with an agenda describes adaptation due to shifting allele frequencies over time, due to mutation and natural selection.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Creationists will get the surprise of their lives when they learn evolution is an act of God in progress...

Not that God is possible to prove or not, so round we will go again.

Malgenics will weaken the race as an unforeseen side effect of the tech assist. Once the singularity is breached, machines will be forced to continue propping up the decaying human organism until they are all that is left.

It will be a sigh, at worst a groan, but not a war.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by capone3d
i'm really beginning to believe that robots are soon gonna be able to 'think' and subsequently program and create others of their kind.You can guess what comes next.

Anyway that's just my opinion.

If you can explain your opinion in anyway, please do so. First off, where is the proof of A.I.? Alice web chat bot?

Soon be able to program and create others of their kind? I'd hate to assume here but it sounds like you are implying A.I. have human bodies so to speak. How do we know you aren't A.I.? Or me? Or anyone for that matter?

Or maybe we are all individuals (including myself, eddie b jr.). Maybe we are all cyborgs and not A.I.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by alias101

Why is the idea so degrading for you? Is it because humanity is so superior to the animal kingdom, because really in many ways we are far behind. Is it because you just don't like the idea?

It took billions of years to make humanity. That is not at all degrading.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join